No announcement yet.

Robert Gallery?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bust or not I think we can all agree he is way over paid.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420
      Of course you can say that in hindsight, but he was the #2 overall pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420
        Wow another great comment.

And saying he didn't beat out Sims for the LT spot is being ignorant, the coaches didn't put him at RT because Sims was playing well on the left side and never even put him on the left side. Who is better Jordan Gross or Travelle Wharton?

That is correct comahan
        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
        <3 dg

Comment

My concern with Gallery is he doesn't have the arm length of a typical elite LT - 32 1/4 inches. Ferguson has 35 1/2, I think Pace has something like 38 inches and Alex Barron came out with 39 1/2 or something.

This, IMO, can be a big deal if he lacks exceptional lateral movement. Someone like Ferguson who is very quick on his feet may not have problems with a shorter arm length, but I see Gallery as a power LT and I think arm length is more important for guys of his nature, as they need to get to the DE before the DE gets around them, and the shorter your arms, the closer they can get before contact.

IMO, this *could* be a concern as the NFL is about speed rushing DE and OLB's these days. If you don't have exceptionally quick feet, you better have some long arms, and Gallery seems to have neither. Maybe he'd be better off at OG?

Comment

i still think its to early

Comment

Yeah I would say he's a bust...he should be solid at the very least...and I can't say that I believe that he's solid.

He got absolutely torched by Merriman on 1 of his sacks...he pushed him back a yard and then just blew by him.

Comment

When you are drafted 2nd overall, you are expected to be an elite NFL Left Tackle. He doesn't have the arm length or athleticism to be such. At best he can be a solid RT.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner
                  I know you guys are harping a lot on the transition from RT to LT, but I think the fact that he was never able to beat out below average Barry Sims for the LT job says a lot.
                  It wasn't that he couldn't beat him out,they moved Gallery instantly,thinking he could play there a yr or 2 so that he could transition,but obviously it didn't work.He isn't a bust, but I feel if he doesn't start getting some pankcakes and opening up some holes for the original LJ ,he is gonzo.
                  myspace.com/strangewavesmusic

Comment

Robert Gallery (calf) will be out at least two-to-three weeks.

Oakland's left tackle wasn't successful in halting San Diego's pass rush in Week 1 and replacement Chad Slaughter isn't likely to fare much better versus the Ravens this Sunday. It's terrible news for all Raiders skill players and a team that was embarrassed late Monday night. Sep. 14 - 8:55 pm et

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
                    XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
                    Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
                    http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

What's really shocking about Gallery is how much his technique has gone to **** since he was drafted. I don't know if people remember him as Iowa well, but this kid was amazingly sound technically when he got drafted.

Truth be told, I'm stumped by the whole thing. I'm gonna give Gallery until week 10 to show some improvement (the injury complicates things), then I'm gonna write him off.

Comment

The Raiders could be without Robert Gallery for three weeks after the starting left tackle was diagnosed with a pulled calf muscle, Oakland head coach Art Shell said Thursday.
                        Not good.

Comment

i voted bust.

if you use the #2 overall pick on an o-lineman, you expect him to be among the elite tackles in the game. this is his 3rd year and he got thrown around like a rag doll...meanwhile, aaron brooks is their qb when the coulda had rivers or big ben...and they're desperate for a WR and they coulda had fitz or roy williams. sean taylor would help that D and be a perfect fit for the raiders.

Comment

Originally posted by drowe
                            i voted bust.
                            if you use the #2 overall pick on an o-lineman, you expect him to be among the elite tackles in the game. this is his 3rd year and he got thrown around like a rag doll...meanwhile, aaron brooks is their qb when the coulda had rivers or big ben...and they're desperate for a WR and they coulda had fitz or roy williams. sean taylor would help that D and be a perfect fit for the raiders.
                            I thought for sure they would take Fitz I'am glad they passed.

Comment

Once agin it's still too early to wheather or not he is a bust or not. I do agree he is way to over payed.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Originally posted by drowe
                                i voted bust.

The Raiders keep passing on franchise Quarterbacks. :roll:

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information