No announcement yet.

best defensive line in the nfl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can't compare a 3-4 line to a 4-3 line. Its just not fair. Tehy have different jobs.

The best 3-4 line is either the Steelers or the Pats.

The Steelers have the best NT and a very good DE in Aaron Smith. Brett Keisel is good and will show it this year.

The Pats have the best 3-4 DE and a good NT in Vince Wilfork who has a ton of potential. Warrne should emerge and be good this year4 aswell.

as the 4-3 I think the Panthers are 1, Bears 2, Jaguars 3, Ravens 4 and Falcons come in 5th. The Vikings have potential and will crack the top 5 eventually.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by Smooth Criminal
      You can't compare a 3-4 line to a 4-3 line. Its just not fair. Tehy have different jobs.

The Steelers have the best NT and a very good DE in Aaron Smith. Brett Keisel is good and will show it this year.

The Pats have the best 3-4 DE and a very good NT in Vince Wilfork. Warrne should emerge and be good this year4 aswell.

as the 4-3 I think the Panthers are 1, Bears 2, Jaguars 3 and Vikings 4.
      Don't forget about the San Diego Chargers if you're talking about great 3-4 defensive lines.

DE: Luis Castillo
      NT: Jamal Williams
      DE: Igor Olshansky

Comment

• In the 3-4, the Chargers and Pats have the best lines. In the 4-3, the Panthers and Falcons have the best lines. Several others(Bears, Jags) are as good or close to as good as those 2 though. The Vikings line is overhyped. The Ravens have the most versitile line and the Bears have the best young talent on their line IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moses
          Originally posted by Smooth Criminal
          You can't compare a 3-4 line to a 4-3 line. Its just not fair. Tehy have different jobs.

The Pats have the best 3-4 DE and a very good NT in Vince Wilfork. Warrne should emerge and be good this year4 aswell.

as the 4-3 I think the Panthers are 1, Bears 2, Jaguars 3 and Vikings 4.
          Don't forget about the San Diego Chargers if you're talking about great 3-4 defensive lines.

DE: Luis Castillo
          NT: Jamal Williams
          DE: Igor Olshansky
          I don't think they are the top yet. When you look at the Steelers and Pats they have established guys while the Chargers have some young guys with a ton of potential. I'd like to see more of Castillo and Olshansky before we call this line the best 3-4 D-line.

Comment

• Originally posted by America
            In the 3-4, the Chargers and Pats have the best lines. In the 4-3, the Panthers and Falcons have the best lines. Several others(Bears, Jags) are as good or close to as good as those 2 though. The Vikings line is overhyped. The Ravens have the most versitile line and the Bears have the best young talent on their line IMO.
            The Vikings have two DEs with alot of potential. Since this is a NFL draft board people tend to overrated the early draft picks early in their career. Their DEs have alot of potential but they arn't among the best in the league yet. Same goes for the Chargers with Castillo.

Comment

Originally posted by America
              In the 3-4, the Chargers and Pats have the best lines. In the 4-3, the Panthers and Falcons have the best lines. Several others(Bears, Jags) are as good or close to as good as those 2 though. The Vikings line is overhyped. The Ravens have the most versitile line and the Bears have the best young talent on their line IMO.
              The Vikings have two DEs with alot of potential. Since this is a NFL draft board people tend to overrated the early draft picks early in their career. Their DEs have alot of potential but they arn't among the best in the league yet. Same goes for the Chargers with Castillo.
              Well with the Chargers, Castillo hasn't developed, but he played on a very good level last year. He, unlike the Vikings young DEs, has proven to be a solid player. Olshanksy is almost as good as he will ever be. Williams is one of the top NTs. In NE, Warren and Wilfork are fairly young and have room to grow, as they have massive potentials. Seymour is already established. In Pittsburgh, Keisel is a 1st time starter with much less potential than the other dlineman being mentioned. Smith and Hampton are both solid Pro Bowlers. Pat Williams isn't nearly as good as he used to be. Kevin Williams has to step it up, he's still got loads of potential. Udeze and James aren't proven on any level. They're also both going into a new system. Not that they aren't a good line, I just think they are overrated and unproven at this point.

Comment

Well with the Chargers, Castillo hasn't developed, but he played on a very good level last year. He, unlike the Vikings young DEs, has proven to be a solid player. Olshanksy is almost as good as he will ever be. Williams is one of the top NTs. In NE, Warren and Wilfork are fairly young and have room to grow, as they have massive potentials. Seymour is already established. In Pittsburgh, Keisel is a 1st time starter with much less potential than the other dlineman being mentioned. Smith and Hampton are both solid Pro Bowlers. Pat Williams isn't nearly as good as he used to be. Kevin Williams has to step it up, he's still got loads of potential. Udeze and James aren't proven on any level. They're also both going into a new system. Not that they aren't a good line, I just think they are overrated and unproven at this point.
                I agree with almost everything you said there. Plus you proved my point as to why the Steelers line is the best 3-4 right now. Not in a year or two but right now they are.
                But I agree that the Vikings are overrated. I don't think they are in the top 5 4-3 D-lines. They have potential to be great with the pair of DEs they have there.

Comment

I agree with almost everything you said there. Plus you proved my point as to why the Steelers line is the best 3-4 right now. Not in a year or two but right now they are.
                  But I agree that the Vikings are overrated. I don't think they are in the top 5 4-3 D-lines. They have potential to be great with the pair of DEs they have there.
                  I think the Steelers should look into Adam Carikker and Amobi Okoye. Smith is 30, Hampton 29, Keisel I think is 28 or 29 as well. Orien Harris was a great pick in the 4th though, however, more pieces are needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                    They have a poor man's Stroud/Henderson in Gregg/Ngata
                    By those standards, Jon Kitna is a poor man's Peyton Manning.

Comment

• Originally posted by ny10804
                      Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                      Seriously.

That is correct comahan
                      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                      <3 dg

Comment

• Originally posted by ny10804
                        Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                        nice

Comment

• Originally posted by Déja Vü
                          Falcons: The addition of John Abraham helps, no doubt, and it could make Rod Coleman and Patrick Kerney even more dangerous, now they just need a skilled Nose Tackle and this could be the best line in football.
                          Well?

That is correct comahan
                          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                          <3 dg

Comment

I think the Steelers should look into Adam Carikker and Amobi Okoye. Smith is 30, Hampton 29, Keisel I think is 28 or 29 as well. Orien Harris was a great pick in the 4th though, however, more pieces are needed.
                            Once again I agree completely. Carikker is a huge guy and a great 3-4 DE. Me and another Steeler fan on another board talked about him earlier as our first rounder. I actually just drafted him in Madden. I love the Orien pick to. I was so mad when we picked Reid over him in the 3rd because I wanted him to be the pick.

I think you have the ages right other than Keisel is only 27.

Comment

• Panthers no question.

Sig by BoneKrusher
                              Originally posted by killxswitch
                              Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Comment

• Originally posted by draftguru151
                                Originally posted by Déja Vü
                                Falcons: The addition of John Abraham helps, no doubt, and it could make Rod Coleman and Patrick Kerney even more dangerous, now they just need a skilled Nose Tackle and this could be the best line in football.
                                Well?

*clears throat*

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information