• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pav
    Originally posted by danman253
    Originally posted by pav
    Originally posted by Dillen
    Originally posted by pav
    why don't we just throw all 32 teams into the poll? And do you seriously want to know my age? i'll tell you if you tell me.
    11?
    Well if i was 11, i'd be a pretty darn smart 11 year old. Let's just say that it's summer vacation and i'm waiting for college to start. I personally wouldn't be very proud if i was over the age of 20 and on a football forum, no offense.
    Why? I am 18 so i'm not speaking from Personal Experiance, but its a place where you can talk about football with people who share the same interests. I mean would you talk to your girlfriend about this stuff? No. Age doesn't really matter IMO
    Agreed. But, i would like to think that men over the age of 20 have jobs and responsibilities. Arguing on a football forum is a no no if you are over 20, in my opinion. Heck, even i feel like a loser on here. In retrospect i really regret not getting a summer job.
    You'd be suprised how many people go on this site at their jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
      Originally posted by pav
      Originally posted by pav
      Originally posted by pav
      why don't we just throw all 32 teams into the poll? And do you seriously want to know my age? i'll tell you if you tell me.
      11?
      Well if i was 11, i'd be a pretty darn smart 11 year old. Let's just say that it's summer vacation and i'm waiting for college to start. I personally wouldn't be very proud if i was over the age of 20 and on a football forum, no offense.
      Why? I am 18 so i'm not speaking from Personal Experiance, but its a place where you can talk about football with people who share the same interests. I mean would you talk to your girlfriend about this stuff? No. Age doesn't really matter IMO
      Agreed. But, i would like to think that men over the age of 20 have jobs and responsibilities. Arguing on a football forum is a no no if you are over 20, in my opinion. Heck, even i feel like a loser on here. In retrospect i really regret not getting a summer job.
      Believe it or not, you can do both.
      Lol, I was just about to say that. Alot of us here on the board come on this board during work as a way to cool off from the stress of the work environment and just have something to do while working. Work gets VERY boring,redundant, and stressful sometimes, and I use the forum as a way of keeping myself entertained while working. Don't worry, you'll learn what I'm talking about when you get there.

Comment

Originally posted by pav
        Originally posted by pav
        Originally posted by pav
        11?
        Well if you work on a computer.
        My brother was a die-hard football fan a few years back. As soon as he reached 20, it was grow up time. Now he works 10 hours a day, and discusses important things such as politics and the economy. Seems kind of dull to me, but i think that is what growing up is.

Comment

What the hell? Only two options and one of them is the Vikings?
          My thoughts exactly.
          The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

I have so much down time at work it is rediculous. I would probably go crazy if not for this forum and other sites. It is actually when I am home that I rarely go on. I have better options of things to do then.

Comment

So youre saying that once you go into college/graduate, sports become almost irrelevant? It doesnt work that way if you actually care and werent just a casual fan.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

Originally posted by pav
                Originally posted by pav
                Originally posted by pav
                Originally posted by pav
                11?
                My brother was a die-hard football fan a few years back. As soon as he reached 20, it was grow up time. Now he works 10 hours a day, and discusses important things such as politics and the economy. Seems kind of dull to me, but i think that is what growing up is.
                Please, trust me, Ive been there before...and discussing politics is the biggest waste of time. Especially since most of the people who discuss politics really know nothing about it and talk out of their ass half the time, and economy...you think we all think about football all the time? Come on man, obviously we talk and discuss finances as well. Thats not really a great way of letting off steam. Football boards like this is a nice leasure activity to enjoy while your working at your office desk. Im at my desk about 2 hours out of my 10 hour day, and while Im working on paper work, I like checking out what is going on in the football world. Like I said, you'll understand when you get into the work environment.

Comment

So youre saying that once you go into college/graduate, sports become almost irrelevant? It doesnt work that way if you actually care and werent just a casual fan.
                  I'm saying that once you go to college/graduate from college, sports should take a back seat in your life. You should look forward to a brighter future for yourself, not your team. Sure you could watch the games, but going on forums and getting all worked up over defensive lines? Thats not what i'd call grown up. If you ever listen to Collin Cowherd on ESPN radio, he rips guys like us very often.

Comment

Originally posted by pav
                    Originally posted by pav
                    Originally posted by pav
                    Originally posted by pav
                    11?
                    I'm getting my PhD in history. I discuss theory all day long. The last thing I want to do when I come home is deal with it even more. Don't sell out to the corporate model man. Do what you want and enjoy your life. We all die in the end anyway.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

well, we sure did get off topic quickly. I hate to be some sort of counselor or psycologist. All i know is that if i'm on here when i'm 20, i'm a loser. You can hold me to that. 24 year old person on a message board can be described as... irrelevant. Now i'm sure some of you have great reasons to be on here, and more power to you. But don't you have work and job and wife and kids to take care of. Most people don't have time for this. Damn, i've probably offended a ton of people on here. I am sincerely sorry if i did. I'll shut up now.

Comment

Originally posted by pav
                        I'm saying that once you go to college/graduate from college, sports should take a back seat in your life. You should look forward to a brighter future for yourself, not your team. Sure you could watch the games, but going on forums and getting all worked up over defensive lines? Thats not what i'd call grown up. If you ever listen to Collin Cowherd on ESPN radio, he rips guys like us very often.
                        Yet Cowherd is the ultimate person like us. He does that to fire people up and get ratings. Come on now.

Comment

Originally posted by pav
                          Buddy, didn't you MAKE the thread? What are you talking about? Why ask everyone what they think if youre gonna get so defensive about it? And trust me, when you get into the work place...you'll learn how redundant everything becomes. No one here is putting football before work or themselves. If we did, we wouldn't have jobs. If anyone here is acting like a kid, its you. You are showing your immaturity by talking about things you really have no experience in.

Comment

Originally posted by pav
                            No it doesn't. Just cuz you graduate does not mean you can't stop enjoying the things you love. Yeah you pay attention to the economy and all that fun stuff, but you still can talk about sports once you grow up.

Comment

I am a DL that has 3 Pro Bowlers in it's starting lineup, and had a player finish 2nd in DPOY voting last year. My team finished 2nd in scoring defense, due in large part to me. I have not been mentioned on this thread yet. Who am I?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                              <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610
                                I am a DL that has 3 Pro Bowlers in it's starting lineup, and had a player finish 2nd in DPOY voting last year. My team finished 2nd in scoring defense, due in large part to me. I have not been mentioned on this thread yet. Who am I?
                                Sorry...Colts dline is not even top 5...but nice try though

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information