X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigbluedefense
    Originally posted by pav
    Originally posted by Dillen
    So youre saying that once you go into college/graduate, sports become almost irrelevant? It doesnt work that way if you actually care and werent just a casual fan.
    I'm saying that once you go to college/graduate from college, sports should take a back seat in your life. You should look forward to a brighter future for yourself, not your team. Sure you could watch the games, but going on forums and getting all worked up over defensive lines? Thats not what i'd call grown up. If you ever listen to Collin Cowherd on ESPN radio, he rips guys like us very often.
    Buddy, didn't you MAKE the thread? What are you talking about? Why ask everyone what they think if youre gonna get so defensive about it? And trust me, when you get into the work place...you'll learn how redundant everything becomes. No one here is putting football before work or themselves. If we did, we wouldn't have jobs. If anyone here is acting like a kid, its you. You are showing your immaturity by talking about things you really have no experience in.
    If you don't like your job, get a different one. You seem like a real productive member of the work force. I'm sure your boss would be thrilled. LOL. Alright man, i really am sorry for offending you. We're cool right?

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610
      I am a DL that has 3 Pro Bowlers in it's starting lineup, and had a player finish 2nd in DPOY voting last year. My team finished 2nd in scoring defense, due in large part to me. I have not been mentioned on this thread yet. Who am I?
      Corey Simon is not even close to Pro Bowl level anymore.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

Originally posted by pav
        Originally posted by pav
        So youre saying that once you go into college/graduate, sports become almost irrelevant? It doesnt work that way if you actually care and werent just a casual fan.
        I'm saying that once you go to college/graduate from college, sports should take a back seat in your life. You should look forward to a brighter future for yourself, not your team. Sure you could watch the games, but going on forums and getting all worked up over defensive lines? Thats not what i'd call grown up. If you ever listen to Collin Cowherd on ESPN radio, he rips guys like us very often.
        Buddy, didn't you MAKE the thread? What are you talking about? Why ask everyone what they think if youre gonna get so defensive about it? And trust me, when you get into the work place...you'll learn how redundant everything becomes. No one here is putting football before work or themselves. If we did, we wouldn't have jobs. If anyone here is acting like a kid, its you. You are showing your immaturity by talking about things you really have no experience in.
        If you don't like your job, get a different one. You seem like a real productive member of the work force. I'm sure your boss would be thrilled. LOL. Alright man, i really am sorry for offending you. We're cool right?
        My boss knows I surf this site all day. Very few people love what they do for a living. If you do, you are very lucky. I enjoy the paycheck and people I work with, but I'm not about to say I love my job. If I could sit on mybutt and do what I want all day and still collect a paycheck I would.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10
          Originally posted by pav
          Originally posted by pav
          My boss knows I surf this site all day. Very few people love what they do for a living. If you do, you are very lucky. I enjoy the paycheck and people I work with, but I'm not about to say I love my job. If I could sit on mybutt and do what I want all day and still collect a paycheck I would.
          1. You have a great boss, you are very lucky.
          2. I'm sorry you don't enjoy your work, i hope i will enjoy mine.
          3. If you are willing to sit on your butt all day and collect a paycheck, you are a part of the problem not part of the solution. Join welfare
          4. I really need to get off this topic because i'm making enemies by the second.

Comment

Originally posted by pav
            Originally posted by pav
            Lol, don't worry about it. We're cool. Im just trying to explain to you how the workplace is. Trust me, when you get there you'll understand. Alot of times, youll want to just relax and unwind. You're not gonna think about finances and work all the time. And trust me...work is work...no matter how much you love it, lol. These type of forums provides a way for some of us to unwind and relax a little while at work. The environment is very stressful, and sometimes you need a break. Oh...and screw my boss, lol. F*ck him, I need a raise, lol. Well, I don't really...but I still want one.

Comment

I'm really getting left out in the cold in this poll.

Comment

I am a DL that has 3 Pro Bowlers in it's starting lineup, and had a player finish 2nd in DPOY voting last year. My team finished 2nd in scoring defense, due in large part to me. I have not been mentioned on this thread yet. Who am I?
                Sorry...Colts dline is not even top 5...but nice try though
                I disagree. That 2nd best scoring defense had to come from somewhere, and the Colts DL is by far the best defensive unit they have. The fact that they hadn't even been mentioned when teams like the Vikings and Ravens were was ridiculous IMO.

Disgruntled Eagles fan? Simon has lost almost all the extra weight he played with last season, and from what I've heard from Eagles fans, Simon generally uses that time to shed the pounds. If he gets in shape, which he's pretty close to doing, he could again be the force he once was.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Re: best defensive line in the nfl

Originally posted by pav
                  Panthers - Julius Peppers, Kris Jenkins, Kemoeatu, Rucker

or

Vikings - Erasmus James, Pat williams, kevin williams, Udeze

i'd personally have to take the vikings. what do you think?
                  Carolina Panthers...4 proven Pro Bowl caliber players. Mike Rucker, Brenson Buckner, Kris Jenkins, and Julius Peppers.

I'd take Carolina over Minnesota 7 days a week and twice on Sunday. Udeze and Erasmus have not proven themselves to be dominant players yet. They have potential, but Carolina's D-Line have proven themselves to be top tier defensive lineman in the NFL.

Chicago needs to be in the discussion. Tommie Harris, Adawale Ogunleye, Ian Scott, and Alex Brown. Although Carolina still is #1 in my book.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                  Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by pav
                    Originally posted by Jughead10
                    Originally posted by pav
                    Originally posted by pav
                    3. If you are willing to sit on your butt all day and collect a paycheck, you are a part of the problem not part of the solution. Join welfare
                    4. I really need to get off this topic because i'm making enemies by the second.
                    Ha. If a welfare check was the same size as the one I get now, I would. But the is hardly the case. You'll get it one day. Like bigblue said, most jobs are painfully redundant. Ever see Office Space?

Comment

Originally posted by pav
                      1. It isnt completely out of the question to have a nice boss. I've had two completely different jobs, but both of the guys I worked for were nice guys. At work it isnt like you are working hard all the time.
                      3. He doesnt do that, though. How many people wouldnt sit on their ass and get paid for it?
                      4. Not necessarily.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

Sorry...Colts dline is not even top 5...but nice try though
                        I disagree. That 2nd best scoring defense had to come from somewhere, and the Colts DL is by far the best defensive unit they have. The fact that they hadn't even been mentioned when teams like the Vikings and Ravens were was ridiculous IMO.

Disgruntled Eagles fan? Simon has lost almost all the extra weight he played with last season, and from what I've heard from Eagles fans, Simon generally uses that time to shed the pounds. If he gets in shape, which he's pretty close to doing, he could again be the force he once was.
                        Colts defense is only a high scoring defense, because Peytong gets them such a big league, that the majority of the DL can forget about playing the run. Ha. Trying to stop the run is almost an afterthought to them. Also which player got 2nd if DOPY voting? They certainly didn't deserve it.

Comment

Re: best defensive line in the nfl

Originally posted by sweetness34
                          Originally posted by pav
                          Panthers - Julius Peppers, Kris Jenkins, Kemoeatu, Rucker

or

Vikings - Erasmus James, Pat williams, kevin williams, Udeze

i'd personally have to take the vikings. what do you think?
                          Carolina Panthers...4 proven Pro Bowl caliber players. Mike Rucker, Brenson Buckner, Kris Jenkins, and Julius Peppers.

I'd take Carolina over Minnesota 7 days a week and twice on Sunday. Udeze and Erasmus have not proven themselves to be dominant players yet. They have potential, but Carolina's D-Line have proven themselves to be top tier defensive lineman in the NFL.

Chicago needs to be in the discussion. Tommie Harris, Adawale Ogunleye, Ian Scott, and Alex Brown. Although Carolina still is #1 in my book.
                          Buckner is gone. The Giants might be trying to land him as a free agent. If the giants had better interior lineman, i'd have to go with them for the best defensive line. Unfortunately they are loaded at DE, but none of the DT's are proven, or deserve to start in the NFL.

Comment

Even if a job isn't redundant I still like to come on here and relax. I'm working towards my PhD and teach classes part time and while I love my job that doens't mean I don't have other interests. If you really want to talk about sad, I think it's sad when people change who they are in order to conform to societal expectations. I don't ever want to be one of those lame ass people that just blathers about the weather or politics or whatever just so I can be palatable for the general public. The real beauty in being a grown adult is living your own life by your standards.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Not at all, I'm glad he's gone. You can pay Simon $30M or whatever it is to work himself into shape around November.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

Colts Dline? Come on dude, you cannot seriously believe they are the best. Freeney can't stuff the run at all, Mathis is a situational pass rusher, Simon is over the hill. That defense as a whole is extremely overrated. It still stinks. They had the benefit of having a large lead and having to only defend the pass almost all the time. Youll get turnovers that way. When they played good offenses, they got WHOOPED. The Colts and Defense don't belong in the same sentence, let alone best dline discussion.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information