No announcement yet.

best defensive line in the nfl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently "don't mess with Pav" is more of a plea for mercy than statement of caution.

What a juvenile point of view.
    Originally posted by 21ST
    He was protecting his self
    Originally posted by tjsunstein
    From what? His leg?
    Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
    That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
    "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by The Legend
      Bears
      Ravens
      Eagles
      Falcons
      Buccs
      Colts
      Seahawks
      Jags

TEAMS OVER VIKINGS
      That's just plain ridiculous Jags and Bears might be close, other than but other than that, you are dillusional. And i'm considered the insane one on here. You must have a grudge agianst the Vikings. I don't even know who the Seahawks or Buccs have playing on there lines other than simeon rice. Call me arrogant, but if i've never heard of them, they are irrelevant. Falcons, John Abraham and Kerney are great, but who is stuffing the run? Yeah falcons have a horrible run defense, but somehow you manage to rate their line over that of the vikings. Jags, two great runstuffers who get into the backfield, but their ends aren't exactly household names. The Giants have a better line than The buccs, Hawks, Eagles, and Falcons, but you somehow forgot to mention them. And don't say that i'm a Giants homer, because if i'm not mistaken the 3 DE in the Probowl from the NFC were Peppers, Osi and Strahan. The Ravens have Suggs and an unproven Haloti on the team and you are putting them ahead of Pat and Kevin Williams, Udeze, and James. I tried to find the most well rounded NFL defensive Line in the league and this is what i got. Let's be reasonable people. If i am starting a team and i had to pick a Defensive Unit to play for me, It is Udeze and James, pure young passrushers, Pat Williams a veteran NT who not only stuffs the run, but gets into the backfeild, and Kevin Williams, another young DT who routinely disrupts plays in the backfeild and made it to the probowl at a very young age. Give me a break people. I agree, i should have put the bears in, don't give me buccs or ravens or jags or colts or anybody else.

Comment

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
        Apparently "don't mess with Pav" is more of a plea for mercy than statement of caution.

A personal shot. Cute. It's a line from a song. Oh and regarding the ridiculous idea that julius jones is a better and more productive running back than tiki barber shows your ignorance. Look at the stats, genious boy.

Comment

Originally posted by pav
          Bears
          Ravens
          Eagles
          Falcons
          Buccs
          Colts
          Seahawks
          Jags

TEAMS OVER VIKINGS
          That's just plain ridiculous Jags and Bears might be close, other than but other than that, you are dillusional. And i'm considered the insane one on here. You must have a grudge agianst the Vikings. I don't even know who the Seahawks or Buccs have playing on there lines other than simeon rice. Call me arrogant, but if i've never heard of them, they are irrelevant. Falcons, John Abraham and Kerney are great, but who is stuffing the run? Yeah falcons have a horrible run defense, but somehow you manage to rate their line over that of the vikings. Jags, two great runstuffers who get into the backfield, but their ends aren't exactly household names. The Giants have a better line than The buccs, Hawks, Eagles, and Falcons, but you somehow forgot to mention them. And don't say that i'm a Giants homer, because if i'm not mistaken the 3 DE in the Probowl from the NFC were Peppers, Osi and Strahan. The Ravens have Suggs and an unproven Haloti on the team and you are putting them ahead of Pat and Kevin Williams, Udeze, and James. I tried to find the most well rounded NFL defensive Line in the league and this is what i got. Let's be reasonable people. If i am starting a team and i had to pick a Defensive Unit to play for me, It is Udeze and James, pure young passrushers, Pat Williams a veteran NT who not only stuffs the run, but gets into the backfeild, and Kevin Williams, another young DT who routinely disrupts plays in the backfeild and made it to the probowl at a very young age. Give me a break people. I agree, i should have put the bears in, don't give me buccs or ravens or jags or colts or anybody else.
          that proves you have no football knowledge...

did you forget who lead in sacks in the nfl?

Grant Wistrom
          Marcus Tubbs
          Rocky Bernard
          Bryce Fisher

buccs

Rice
          White
          Spires
          McFarland
          Hovan

jags

there end had more sacks then the whole vikings dline

gaints

no i just forgot to list them simple they should be on the list

ravens

Pryce
          Suggs
          Nagta
          Green
          Thomas
          Gregg

you have to remember the ravens run a diffrent defence 4-6

the player above had a total of 25 sacks last year

panthers

not to take anything away from them cause they got a nice line but there starter have total of 19 sacks last year

Comment

Originally posted by pav
            Bears
            Ravens
            Eagles
            Falcons
            Buccs
            Colts
            Seahawks
            Jags

TEAMS OVER VIKINGS
            See? This is why Pro Bowl voting is so screwed up. People like you see names that you recognize and assume that he's better than somebody you don't know.

Oh yeah, and those pure pass rushers you love so much on the Vikings? They combined for five sacks.

Meanwhile, Seattle led the league in sacks, and Jacksonville led the league in sacks per pass attempt. But you don't know their defensive linemen, so they must not be good.

Comment

Originally posted by pav
              Originally posted by Dillen
              Originally posted by pav
              why don't we just throw all 32 teams into the poll? And do you seriously want to know my age? i'll tell you if you tell me.
              11?
              Well if i was 11, i'd be a pretty darn smart 11 year old. Let's just say that it's summer vacation and i'm waiting for college to start. I personally wouldn't be very proud if i was over the age of 20 and on a football forum, no offense.
              So if that's true, you should be leaving soon..? I mean you must be pretty close to 20 if you're in college. :roll:

What is wrong with the Colts? No need to explain Freeney or Simon. Mathis is a good end who is overlooked because of Freeney, and I think Brock is also better than a lot of DTs in the NFL. I'm not saying they're the best, but they deserve mention. Plus they've proven themselves as a unit...

And if you think Julius Jones is less productive than Tiki Barber, I don't know why I'm even posting here... Even if Jones has some obscure stat that is better than Tiki's, there's no comparison. I like Jones, but he is not comparable to Tiki at this point.
              Mr Garrison: Does anyone know what sexual harassment means?
              Cartman: When you are trying to have intercourse with a special lady friend and some other guy comes up and tickles your balls from behind.

Comment

this is officially the worst thread on this board.

pav: please grow up before even thinking about telling me how to live my life. i'm sorry, but the idea that a 16-19 year old has any vague idea what life is like at 24 is absolutely laughable. the fact that you're even defending what you think is even worse.

and no, i haven't even gotten to the worst part. you've displayed such an utter lack of football knowledge by creating this poll and "defending" it, that you should really probably watch a few games before posting here again. better would be to take some time and read through what people with a significantly better understanding of football have said about the sport in other places.

Comment

panthers ok , but the second and only other option are the viqueens ?

there are the steelers , the giants , the bears , the pats , and maybe also the saints ( with 2 good DEs ) and you choose the vikes ?

Comment

Vikings may have the most talented D-line,but they do not play up to it.

how bout the browncos?lol,jk

Comment

I am a big fan of the line the Falcons are putting out there. Coleman is arguably the best pass rushing defensive tackle in the NFL, Kerney is great all around, and Abraham is one of the top sack artists in the entire league. Until Jenkins or Kevin Williams prove they can stay healthy and dominant, I'm going with Atlanta.

Comment

Originally posted by danman253
                        Originally posted by pav
                        Originally posted by danman253
                        Originally posted by pav
                        Originally posted by Dillen
                        Originally posted by pav
                        why don't we just throw all 32 teams into the poll? And do you seriously want to know my age? i'll tell you if you tell me.
                        11?
                        Well if i was 11, i'd be a pretty darn smart 11 year old. Let's just say that it's summer vacation and i'm waiting for college to start. I personally wouldn't be very proud if i was over the age of 20 and on a football forum, no offense.
                        Why? I am 18 so i'm not speaking from Personal Experiance, but its a place where you can talk about football with people who share the same interests. I mean would you talk to your girlfriend about this stuff? No. Age doesn't really matter IMO
                        Agreed. But, i would like to think that men over the age of 20 have jobs and responsibilities. Arguing on a football forum is a no no if you are over 20, in my opinion. Heck, even i feel like a loser on here. In retrospect i really regret not getting a summer job.
                        You'd be suprised how many people go on this site at their jobs.

Pretty much the reason i come to work....
                        P

Comment

I am a big fan of the line the Falcons are putting out there. Coleman is arguably the best pass rushing defensive tackle in the NFL, Kerney is great all around, and Abraham is one of the top sack artists in the entire league. Until Jenkins or Kevin Williams prove they can stay healthy and dominant, I'm going with Atlanta.

Pass rushing their great at,stopping the run is a WAY different story.

Comment

Originally posted by pav
                            Originally posted by DMWSackMachine

A personal shot. Cute. It's a line from a song. Oh and regarding the ridiculous idea that julius jones is a better and more productive running back than tiki barber shows your ignorance. Look at the stats, genious boy.
                            Nice, I'm glad to see that your reaction is consistent with my previous judgment of your mental faculties. Bravo.
                            From what? His leg?

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

The Bucs have one of the most underrated Dlines in the NFL. No wonder you don't know about them...

Sure Rice is the only one you know, and he deserves it. Rice routinely puts up 10+ sacks a year, when most teams know he is our best D lineman. The fact is Rice has 10 less career sacks than Strahan, and Strahan has played 3 more years, and he had 22 in one year. Strahan has had 7 seasons with 10 or les sacks, and Rice has one while playing with ARIZONA and us. So Rice is better than Strahan.

Our DTs have the potential to be very good. Chris Hovan played really well for, when he was though to be "washed up". Our future NT, Anthony Bryant, is a 335 pound force who will, IMO, produce similar to Warren sapp in his prime in 2 years.

Our other DE rotation is also very good. Greg Spires is Mr. Underrated, he really plays the run well and also provides with with a decent pass rush. Our other DE, Dewayne, is another young player on our DL who will break out as soon as he gets the chance to play every day.

Call me a homer, I really don't care, but I believe that the Bucs DL is Top 5 material, and will be Top 3 Material in 2 years
                              Gamertag: OnABoat16 (Games: NCAA 10, NHL 10, Tiger Woods 10)

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
                              Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
                              Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
                              A fan of the USF Bulls

Comment

No offense there dude, but you can't just list sacks as the sole barometer for how good a DE is. Especially over a career. Strahan was a late bloomer, and had to be shifted over to the strong side before he truly started to excel. Also, Rice isn't even average when it comes to playing the run, and he doesn't have the repertoire that Strahan has. Either way, I think you could possibly make a case that Rice is a better pass rusher than Mike is, but definitely not a better total package.

With that said, I actually do agree with you about the Bucs DLine. They are very good, and since Sapp left they have kind of flown under the radar a bit. However, they still don't come in the top 3. But they are among the best.
                                From what? His leg?

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information