• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by danman253
    Originally posted by Dam8610
    Originally posted by njx9
    Originally posted by danman253
    I am a DL that has 3 Pro Bowlers in it's starting lineup, and had a player finish 2nd in DPOY voting last year. My team finished 2nd in scoring defense, due in large part to me. I have not been mentioned on this thread yet. Who am I?
    Nice try, Colts DL is not top 5, not even close
    You underrate every player and/or unit on the Colts.
    and i'm sure that your opinion is completely unbiased :roll:
    Well, he calls pretty much everyone on the team overrated. I don't think a team that scored the 2nd most points and allowed the 2nd fewest in the NFL while playing at full strength in the regular season for only 13 of 16 games can be as bad as he wants to make them out to be. Does that make me a homer?
    When did i call anyone overrated?
    You're calling the Colts DL overrated now, and you've called Wayne overrated many times in the recent past.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
    <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

• Originally posted by Dam8610
      I am a DL that has 3 Pro Bowlers in it's starting lineup, and had a player finish 2nd in DPOY voting last year. My team finished 2nd in scoring defense, due in large part to me. I have not been mentioned on this thread yet. Who am I?
      Well, he calls pretty much everyone on the team overrated. I don't think a team that scored the 2nd most points and allowed the 2nd fewest in the NFL while playing at full strength in the regular season for only 13 of 16 games can be as bad as he wants to make them out to be. Does that make me a homer?
      The Colts defense HUGELY benefits from the offense. The offense had very little trouble scoring points, and would put opposing teams in huge holes. The front 7 of the Colts are pretty much geared towards pass defense, they aren't great at run stuffing. Their defensive line is good but it only really excells at pass rushing and isn't great against the run. The Colts defense is pretty good, but don't think for a second that it could carry the team like defense has for the Ravens in the past.

Comment

nope, but i think the fact that you're basically denying that the offense may have helped the defense is a bit homeristic. you don't have to hate your team, but if you're going to call someone out for constantly underrating a team that has failed completely in games that matter... well.

Comment

You're calling the Colts DL overrated now, and you've called Wayne overrated many times in the recent past.
          Thats true on wayne, cuz he is. But i never said the Line was overrated. I said they were good, but not top 5 at all

Comment

Thats true on wayne, cuz he is. But i never said the Line was overrated. I said they were good, but not top 5 at all
            I'm not a Colts fan, but I don't know how you can call Reggie Wayne overrated. It's not like he's considered a top 5 receiver. He's generally considered a top 10 or 15 receiver in the league, and that's exactly what he is.

Comment

• My bad on Buckner. Yea, I remember hearing about him being an F/A this season. But still, Carolina has 3 top tier D-Lineman in Peppers, Rucker, and Jenkins.

They're stiil #1 in my book...

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
              Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Panthers. Rams are the best though.

Comment

The Colts have a good dline for pass defense, its what it is set up for. The offense getts a big lead, and Freeney and co are unleashed. Their run D amounts to: get a 3 TD lead, and the other team won't be able to run much. So when they have a good lead their Dline is great. The problem is, you dont get many 3 td leads in the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by cunningham06
                    The Colts defense HUGELY benefits from the offense. The offense had very little trouble scoring points, and would put opposing teams in huge holes. The front 7 of the Colts are pretty much geared towards pass defense, they aren't great at run stuffing. Their defensive line is good but it only really excells at pass rushing and isn't great against the run. The Colts defense is pretty good, but don't think for a second that it could carry the team like defense has for the Ravens in the past.
                    They carried the team when the Colts offense was nonexistant in the first part of the season, but I guess that doesn't count? Just because they're not geared toward run defense doesn't mean they're a bad defense. That's what the scheme calls for.

nope, but i think the fact that you're basically denying that the offense may have helped the defense is a bit homeristic. you don't have to hate your team, but if you're going to call someone out for constantly underrating a team that has failed completely in games that matter... well.
                    I'm not denying the fact that the Colts defense gets help from the offense, just the opinion that they get more help from their offense than other defenses do from theirs. As for failing in games that matter, the Colts never seem to have a problem with the Broncos. They wouldn't have had a problem with the Steelers if they hadn't been on a 35 day hiatus prior to the game either.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Comment

Originally posted by cunningham06
                      They carried the team when the Colts offense was nonexistant in the first part of the season, but I guess that doesn't count? Just because they're not geared toward run defense doesn't mean they're a bad defense. That's what the scheme calls for.

I'm not denying that the Colts defense gets help from the offense, just that they get more help from their offense than other defenses do from theirs. As for failing in games that matter, the Colts never seem to have a problem with the Broncos. They wouldn't have had a problem with the Steelers if they hadn't been on a 35 day hiatus prior to the game either.
                      Peyton played well in the first game, he played badly against Jax, Cle, and SF. Jax was the only good team in that group. During Peytons off games the Edge was carrying the offense along with their awesome offensive line. The Colts special teams could probably carry them against CLE and SF. Both teams were terrible last season, the former losing to the Texans. The Colts defense didn't need to carry the team in those games and did well shutting down untalented offenses. :roll: They carried the team in the Jax game but that's the only real accomplishment, they aren't close to as necessary to win games as the Bears defense is. The Bears defensive line owns the Colts defensive line BTW. If a d line can't stop the run, then it isn't the best. As for the missing time argument, the Eagles starters got almost no playing time in the last two games of the season in 2004, but they made it all the way to the superbowl. If the players can't stay motivated it's their problem, it's not like they aren't practicing.

Comment

• Originally posted by cunningham06
                        Originally posted by cunningham06

I'm not denying that the Colts defense gets help from the offense, just that they get more help from their offense than other defenses do from theirs. As for failing in games that matter, the Colts never seem to have a problem with the Broncos. They wouldn't have had a problem with the Steelers if they hadn't been on a 35 day hiatus prior to the game either.
                        Peyton played well in the first game, he played badly against Jax, Cle, and SF. Jax was the only good team in that group. During Peytons off games the Edge was carrying the offense along with their awesome offensive line. The Colts special teams could probably carry them against CLE and SF. Both teams were terrible last season, the former losing to the Texans. The Colts defense didn't need to carry the team in those games and did well shutting down untalented offenses. :roll: They carried the team in the Jax game but that's the only real accomplishment, they aren't close to as necessary to win games as the Bears defense is. The Bears defensive line owns the Colts defensive line BTW. If a d line can't stop the run, then it isn't the best. As for the missing time argument, the Eagles starters got almost no playing time in the last two games of the season in 2004, but they made it all the way to the superbowl. If the players can't stay motivated it's their problem, it's not like they aren't practicing.
                        Yeah, James "carried the offense" to a "huge" 7 point lead against Jacksonville. I know Cleveland and SF are not the best of offenses, but it's not like those are the only games the Colts defense was good in either. Take, for example, the Steelers, who had the 9th ranked scoring offense in the NFL, but only scored 7 points against the Colts defense, and that was only due to the defense putting them 7 yards away from the endzone. I never said the Colts DL was the best, I just think it's top 5 and deserves to be mentioned before such lines as Minnesota or Baltimore. As for your argument countering mine, if a team doesn't play a meaningful game in over a month, they're bound to be rusty. In their first 3 drives the Steelers scored 2 TDs. In the rest of the game, they scored 1. You don't find that odd in any way? Maybe that had something to do with not playing a meaningful game in over a month?

Comment

• Originally posted by #1SaintsFan
                          I'm not a Colts fan, but I don't know how you can call Reggie Wayne overrated. It's not like he's considered a top 5 receiver. He's generally considered a top 10 or 15 receiver in the league, and that's exactly what he is.
                          I don't consider him that at all. Many people believe he can be a number 1 receiver in the NFl, which i don't buy for a second. The Colts offense is so talented the secondary players Like Him Stokely and Clark seem better than they really are. I would maybe have him at 15, but i just don't really think Reggie Wayne is a true #1 WR, as some people feel.

Comment

• Get ready to put the skins on this list soon. Daniels, Griffin, Salve'a and Carter. They are about to have a breakout season..

Comment

Originally posted by #1SaintsFan
                              I don't consider him that at all. Many people believe he can be a number 1 receiver in the NFl, which i don't buy for a second. The Colts offense is so talented the secondary players Like Him Stokely and Clark seem better than they really are. I would maybe have him at 15, but i just don't really think Reggie Wayne is a true #1 WR, as some people feel.
                              Hell I had him at 16 in my WR rankings back when the "make your own rankings" thread was up. He's an awesome possession WR, but doesn't have gamebreaking speed. True #1? Maybe not. Could be the #1 option on a few teams? I think so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Canadian_kid16
                                The Bucs have one of the most underrated Dlines in the NFL. No wonder you don't know about them...

Sure Rice is the only one you know, and he deserves it. Rice routinely puts up 10+ sacks a year, when most teams know he is our best D lineman. The fact is Rice has 10 less career sacks than Strahan, and Strahan has played 3 more years, and he had 22 in one year. Strahan has had 7 seasons with 10 or les sacks, and Rice has one while playing with ARIZONA and us. So Rice is better than Strahan.

Our DTs have the potential to be very good. Chris Hovan played really well for, when he was though to be "washed up". Our future NT, Anthony Bryant, is a 335 pound force who will, IMO, produce similar to Warren sapp in his prime in 2 years.

Our other DE rotation is also very good. Greg Spires is Mr. Underrated, he really plays the run well and also provides with with a decent pass rush. Our other DE, Dewayne, is another young player on our DL who will break out as soon as he gets the chance to play every day.

Call me a homer, I really don't care, but I believe that the Bucs DL is Top 5 material, and will be Top 3 Material in 2 years
                                As a fellow Bucs fan I gotta disagree with the the top 5 ranking. Rice is the only superstar on the line. I agree that Spires is solid and underrated, but he doesn't create much of a pass rush. Hovan was a nice suprise and really helps vs. the run, but gets no pressure on the QB. Booger has never lived up to his draft status or is paycheck. I like White as a potential replacement for Spires next year.

I think they are probably a top 10 d-line, and really stepped up the run D last year, but other than Rice there is no consistent pass rush from the d-line.

I gotta go with the Bears with the best d-line, Jags probably 2nd.

To touch on the other topic going on in this thread:

I love my job, I'm driven to do my job and do it well. I guess that makes me one of the lucky ones. However, the best part about my job is it helps me provide for my family. And if the job I had now didn't allow me to do that, despite the fact that I love it, I would find a different job. That's the priority in life, that is the "center of the universe". Still that doesn't mean you don't get to enjoy other things in life. For example I was able to look at this assinine poll tonight and get a good laugh out of it.

Pav - you are making me laugh, and I remember being like you. Nothing wrong with that at all, it is part of being young.
                                "If everyone liked the same thing everyone would be after your grandmother."

My Grandfather

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information