No announcement yet.

Which rookie qb will start first?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say Clemens. Pennington will undoubtedly get hurt again this season, and if Ramsey really has the #2 spot they will quickly realize just how bad he is, and Clemens will get the nod.

Comment

Kellen Clemons not Kellon.

Washington Redskins Mock Draft:
      Round 1: Micheal Oher/OT/Ole Miss
      Round 3: Paul Kruger/DE/Utah
      Round 5: Marcus Freeman/LB/Ohio State
      Round 6: Graham Gano/K/Florida State
      Round 7: Maurice Miller/OG/Ole Miss
      Snyder, get me Gano!

Comment

Originally posted by HokiesSkins2621
        Kellen Clemons not Kellon.
        Kellen Clemens not Clemons.

Comment

I'd say Vince Young because how long do they want to wait to see what this guy has. Billy Volek could probably hold down the fort if he started, but the team will want to take a look at Vince Young. It won't be Leinart quite yet because I think the Cards might pull a Carson Palmer. It won't be Jay Cutler because look who is in front of him, and also they want to pull a Carson Palmer. The Jets are a crapshoot and could start anyone. I think the safest bet would be Vince Young.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

The odds favor Clemens or Leinart, just based on who the starter is for their respective squads.

Comment

Originally posted by portermvp84
              I'd say Vince Young because how long do they want to wait to see what this guy has. Billy Volek could probably hold down the fort if he started, but the team will want to take a look at Vince Young. It won't be Leinart quite yet because I think the Cards might pull a Carson Palmer.
              This makes little sense. The most NFL ready rookie QB will not sit for longer than the least NFL ready QB named.

Comment

Originally posted by Material Issues
                I'd say Vince Young because how long do they want to wait to see what this guy has. Billy Volek could probably hold down the fort if he started, but the team will want to take a look at Vince Young. It won't be Leinart quite yet because I think the Cards might pull a Carson Palmer.
                This makes little sense. The most NFL ready rookie QB will not sit for longer than the least NFL ready QB named.
                It depends on the situation of the team more than the player himself. Also the fact that Leinart missed all that time isn't gonna help him.

That is correct comahan
                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151
                  It depends on the situation of the team more than the player himself. Also the fact that Leinart missed all that time isn't gonna help him.
                  even with that missed time he could still be ready to play this year whereas Young won't be ready to start this year no matter what.

Comment

even with that missed time he could still be ready to play this year whereas Young won't be ready to start this year no matter what.
                    How?? Young has picked up the playbook much faster than mcnair did when he was a rookie, he'll be ready to see some starting time at the end of the season. Leinart start this year?? he is in green dog house right now and will have to show something this preseason.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
                    XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
                    Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
                    http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

Originally posted by smittyjs
                      How?? Young has picked up the playbook much faster than mcnair did when he was a rookie, he'll be ready to see some starting time at the end of the season. Leinart start this year?? he is in green dog house right now and will have to show something this preseason.
                      Young is stil extremely raw at making reads on the defense. He may be picking up on the playbook but he isn't ready to run a team and make the right reads and plays.

Comment

I would rather have someone who knows the playbook and makes slow reads than someone who doesn't know the playbook and makes quick reads.

That is correct comahan
                        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                        <3 dg

Comment

I would rather have someone who knows the playbook and makes slow reads than someone who doesn't know the playbook and makes quick reads.
                          Only in the very short term. Its much easier to learn a playbook than to learn to read defenses more quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by smittyjs
                            Young is stil extremely raw at making reads on the defense. He may be picking up on the playbook but he isn't ready to run a team and make the right reads and plays.
                            he is allready a better leader than Volek IMO, but yes he is raw, but has showed improvements with reading defensive plays, i'm not worried about play calling right now, we will be running alot of shorgun plays(Compared to what Chow did last year) early in his career.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
                            XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
                            Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
                            http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

I say Clemons cause Pennington is always hurt, and Patrick Ramsey belongs in the CFL.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                              Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Clemmens has a good chance, it all depends if Pennington and Ramsey stay healthy.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information