No announcement yet.

Revist 2004 QB draft.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ben needs to show he can lead a offense and be a productive NFL QB, not just a caretaker QB.
    Gee, you'd think no one saw his 3 excellent performances in the playoffs last year. His RBs had something like a 3.0 YPC. More nonsense from Ben bashers.

This year, supposedly, the Steelers are going to open up the passing game. After this year, we shall see if Ben can lead a offense like great Quarterbacks do, like Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Carson Palmer.

Comment

Jughead10: So basically you're full of crap and use nonsensical arguments like "I hate stat geeks".

Let's just use the example of the Chargers game. 4th quarter, 11 minutes left, the Steelers give up a touchdown and go down by two points.

1-10-PIT38 (11:33) B.Roethlisberger pass to H.Ward to SD 29 for 33 yards (Q.Jammer).
      1-10-SD29 (11:07) B.Roethlisberger pass to H.Ward pushed ob at SD 16 for 13 yards (S.Davis).
      1-10-SD16 (10:34) B.Roethlisberger pass to H.Miller for 16 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

Perfect. Clutch! But wait, the Chargers score another touchdown! The Steelers are down with 3 minutes to go.

Roethlisberger then has another perfect drive and puts them in FG range before getting his knee messed up. Reed makes the kick, Steelers win.

This is one of many examples.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver
        Ben needs to show he can lead a offense and be a productive NFL QB, not just a caretaker QB.
        Gee, you'd think no one saw his 3 excellent performances in the playoffs last year. His RBs had something like a 3.0 YPC. More nonsense from Ben bashers.

This year, supposedly, the Steelers are going to open up the passing game. After this year, we shall see if Ben can lead a offense like great Quarterbacks do, like Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Carson Palmer.
        For an entire season, not a few games.
        Originally posted by Paul
        Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
        Originally posted by Vikes99ej
        These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
        MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by Immaculate Tackle
          Jughead10: So basically you're full of crap and use nonsensical arguments like "I hate stat geeks".

Let's just use the example of the Chargers game. 4th quarter, 11 minutes left, the Steelers give up a touchdown and go down by two points.

1-10-PIT38 (11:33) B.Roethlisberger pass to H.Ward to SD 29 for 33 yards (Q.Jammer).
          1-10-SD29 (11:07) B.Roethlisberger pass to H.Ward pushed ob at SD 16 for 13 yards (S.Davis).

Perfect. Clutch! But wait, the Chargers score another touchdown! The Steelers are down with 3 minutes to go.

Roethlisberger then has another perfect drive and puts them in FG range before getting his knee messed up. Reed makes the kick, Steelers win.

Which is why I said I can't recall any dramatic comebacks. I guess that is one then. You are right, I also don't like stat geeks. I don't think football is a sport that can be quantified like baseball. Which is what the Football Outsiders and KC Joyner attempt to do. Too many factors go into football compared to baseball. And I never said Eli was more clutch than Ben. I said it appears that way because Eli had more dramatic come from behind victories. I'm not a big Ben fan because of other reasons, but I really think you can't compare the two until this year when the Steelers apparently will hand Ben more control and open the passing game like the Giants did with Eli.

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10

Bingo. Like I said, this thread is useless, because all of them still have a lot to prove.

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10

Bingo. Like I said, this thread is useless, because all of them still have a lot to prove.
              I'm glad someone can pick up on that concept.
              Originally posted by Paul
              Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
              Originally posted by Vikes99ej
              These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
              MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

First of all Brady doesn't air it out often. 2nd of all, the other two QB's have 0 Super Bowl appearances between them. The object of football is to win the Super Bowl, not to see which QB puts up the most yards to please their fangirls.

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151
                  I'm still taking Eli, then Rivers, then Big Ben.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10

Which is why I said I can't recall any dramatic comebacks. I guess that is one then. You are right, I also don't like stat geeks. I don't think football is a sport that can be quantified like baseball. Which is what the Football Outsiders and KC Joyner attempt to do. Too many factors go into football compared to baseball. And I never said Eli was more clutch than Ben. I said it appears that way because Eli had more dramatic come from behind victories. I'm not a big Ben fan because of other reasons, but I really think you can't compare the two until this year when the Steelers apparently will hand Ben more control and open the passing game like the Giants did with Eli.
                    And what reason are you not a Big Ben fan other than he's had more success than your guy?

Name all the come behind victories Eli has had. Ben also led comebacks against the Cowboys and Dolphins his rookie year. Last time I checked Ben was 5-1 in playoff games while Eli was 0-1 and hasn't led his team to even a FG in the playoffs (shut out).

Comment

Originally posted by eacantdraft

First of all Brady doesn't air it out often. 2nd of all, the other two QB's have 0 Super Bowl appearances between them. The object of football is to win the Super Bowl, not to see which QB puts up the most yards to please their fangirls.

Brady doesn't air it out. He lead the NFL in passing yards last year, and averages a shade under 3,800 yards in his last four seasons. His favorite Receiver is the open one. He is the best "assist" man in the NFL, he hasn't had an elite Receiver. But because he is the ultimate distrubutor, he doesn't need one.

By the way, the "Super Bowl" arguement is the most overrated in all of football. This is a TEAM SPORT. Let this sink in; TEAM SPORT. It is statistical fact, to win the Super Bowl you need an elite defense. A great Quarterback can only take a team so far. He needs to have the pieces around him to push him over the top. Especially when Roethlisberger stunk up the joint, in aformentioned "leading his team to a Super Bowl championship," give me a break.

If Peyton Manning had the Steelers defense, ever, he would've won several Super Bowls by now. It's not his fault, his defense has been weak his whole career. You are drinking the Homerade if you think Ben is any where close to Manning, Brady or Palmer, just because he's a "Super Bowl winner."
                      :roll:

Comment

You mean like when the Steelers got lucky and Palmer went out early with an injury. Or like when they got lucky and Roethlisberger just barely made the tackle against the Colts after that ugly play. Or how about all of those questionable calls in the Super Bowl.

The Steelers were lucky to even make it to the Super Bowl, let alone when it. And when they made it there, they made it there on the Defense and the run game.... last time I checked Big Ben has very little influence on those aspects of the game

Comment

On draft day I thought Big Ben was the most ready to handle a starting job, Im not saying he'll have teh best career but he was the best at the time. Eli has way more potential though.
                          http://www.spox.com/de/sport/ussport...hwartz-514.jpg

"We got our Schwartz tangled"

Comment

Originally posted by KAWICGB
                            You mean like when the Steelers got lucky and Palmer went out early with an injury.
                            Does Palmer play defense?
                            Or like when they got lucky and Roethlisberger just barely made the tackle against the Colts after that ugly play.
                            That invalidates Roethlisberger's performance that day?
                            Or how about all of those questionable calls in the Super Bowl.
                            Never said he played well in the Superbowl.
                            The Steelers were lucky to even make it to the Super Bowl, let alone when it. And when they made it there, they made it there on the Defense and the run game.... last time I checked Big Ben has very little influence on those aspects of the game
                            It's obvious you didn't watch the playoff games, just the highlights on ESPN. Congrats.

Comment

Coming out of college I ranked them....

1. Rivers
                              2. Big Ben
                              3. Eli

I think Rivers will end up being the best of the big 3. I always felt Eli, was terribly overrated, he will be great one day, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
                                Coming out of college I ranked them....

1. Rivers
                                2. Big Ben
                                3. Eli

I think Rivers will end up being the best of the big 3. I always felt Eli, was terribly overrated, he will be great one day, though.

Same for me. Although, I think Eli needs to show next year, the development all the fluff pieces on ESPN say he is going to make. Against that schedule, it will be interesting to say the least.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information