No announcement yet.

Revist 2004 QB draft.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll take manning cuz Rivers hasnt seen any NFL action yet but i like him more

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth Criminal
      Way better. They have Rivers who has looked good in the preseason and they got an extra first round pick out of it.

Agreed, because I think Rivers will be a star. He has excellent intelligence, intagibles. Eli may never be an accurate QB, nor nearly as good as his brother. That first round pick also garnered Shawne Merriman. Big win for the Chargers.

Comment

Wasnt the pick they got out of it, one Shawne Merriman?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

Rivers
          Merriman
          Kaeding

Awesome for the Chargers. :shock: 8)

Comment

Originally posted by KAWICGB
            Originally posted by Immaculate Tackle
            Gee, you'd think no one saw his 3 excellent performances in the playoffs last year. His RBs had something like a 3.0 YPC. More nonsense from Ben bashers.
            You mean like when the Steelers got lucky and Palmer went out early with an injury. Or like when they got lucky and Roethlisberger just barely made the tackle against the Colts after that ugly play. Or how about all of those questionable calls in the Super Bowl.

The Steelers were lucky to even make it to the Super Bowl, let alone when it. And when they made it there, they made it there on the Defense and the run game.... last time I checked Big Ben has very little influence on those aspects of the game
            Then you didn't watch those games. The first three games leading up to the Superbowl were all won through the air, esspecially in Indy and Denver. The passing game is what got us to the playoffs. The superbowl was won with passing aswell, even if stats don't reflect it.

And how can you honestly say the Steelers were lucky yo beat the Colts? You bring up the 'bad calls' in the Super bowl but you forget the one that the league actually said was a bad call in the Polamalu INT. If it isn't for that call the Steelers wi the game easy.

But regardless of if the team won the Superbowl, Ben has been the best of the 4 QBs over the last two years. Say what you want about our run game and line, he took a 6-10 team to 15-1 with almost the exact same team. Ben is a great QB to the people that watch him play everyweek. Its only the idiots that base their opinions off of highlight reels and stat books that think he isn't.
            I never said he was a bad QB. He's great at managing the game. He's been successful in Pittsburgh. But I highly doubt that if he were on the 3 three other teams, he'd be looking like JP Losman right now. If Rivers or Manning were on the Steelers, they'd be looking just as good, if not better than Roethlisberger right now. And he's been the best the last two years because of the supporting cast he has.

Comment

Gee, you'd think no one saw his 3 excellent performances in the playoffs last year. His RBs had something like a 3.0 YPC. More nonsense from Ben bashers.
              You mean like when the Steelers got lucky and Palmer went out early with an injury. Or like when they got lucky and Roethlisberger just barely made the tackle against the Colts after that ugly play. Or how about all of those questionable calls in the Super Bowl.

The Steelers were lucky to even make it to the Super Bowl, let alone when it. And when they made it there, they made it there on the Defense and the run game.... last time I checked Big Ben has very little influence on those aspects of the game
              Then you didn't watch those games. The first three games leading up to the Superbowl were all won through the air, esspecially in Indy and Denver. The passing game is what got us to the playoffs. The superbowl was won with passing aswell, even if stats don't reflect it.

And how can you honestly say the Steelers were lucky yo beat the Colts? You bring up the 'bad calls' in the Super bowl but you forget the one that the league actually said was a bad call in the Polamalu INT. If it isn't for that call the Steelers wi the game easy.

But regardless of if the team won the Superbowl, Ben has been the best of the 4 QBs over the last two years. Say what you want about our run game and line, he took a 6-10 team to 15-1 with almost the exact same team. Ben is a great QB to the people that watch him play everyweek. Its only the idiots that base their opinions off of highlight reels and stat books that think he isn't.
              I never said he was a bad QB. He's great at managing the game. He's been successful in Pittsburgh. But I highly doubt that if he were on the 3 three other teams, he'd be looking like JP Losman right now. If Rivers or Manning were on the Steelers, they'd be looking just as good, if not better than Roethlisberger right now. And he's been the best the last two years because of the supporting cast he has.
              I dont get why people always say this. Eli was horribly inaccurate last year, he had a completion percentage of 52%, and the only reason it was that high was becuase, he had 6'5 plax to catch his over thrown passes. The fact is the Steelers need n accurate QB to run there offense and Big Ben fits the bill, Eli on the other hand does not.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

You mean like when the Steelers got lucky and Palmer went out early with an injury.
                Does Palmer play defense?
                Or like when they got lucky and Roethlisberger just barely made the tackle against the Colts after that ugly play.
                That invalidates Roethlisberger's performance that day?
                Or how about all of those questionable calls in the Super Bowl.
                Never said he played well in the Superbowl.
                It's obvious you didn't watch the playoff games, just the highlights on ESPN. Congrats.
                The best defense is a good offense

Many people said Roethlisberger because he has a SB ring on his finger. The comments about the playoffs were made to show that Steelers were lucky to even be in the Superbowl, they weren't just this dominate team. And my unbiased opinion today, as it was then, that it was more of a fluke than anything else.

Comment

I hate when homers try to argue their point and make themselves and their fans look like fools. That's all I'm gonna say. Oh, and...

Rivers and T.A. McClendon were probably my favorite players in college that year that didn't play for Miami. Rivers is so ridiculously accurate and is so good at leading his team. I never liked Big Ben and I still think he is overrated. Eli has such a great arm and is so smart I have him over Rivers. Rivers is going to shock some people this year.

That is correct comahan
                  I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                  <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
                    I'd rather have Osi over Merriman.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

You mean like when the Steelers got lucky and Palmer went out early with an injury.
                      Does Palmer play defense?
                      Or like when they got lucky and Roethlisberger just barely made the tackle against the Colts after that ugly play.
                      That invalidates Roethlisberger's performance that day?
                      Or how about all of those questionable calls in the Super Bowl.
                      Never said he played well in the Superbowl.
                      It's obvious you didn't watch the playoff games, just the highlights on ESPN. Congrats.
                      The best defense is a good offense

Many people said Roethlisberger because he has a SB ring on his finger. The comments about the playoffs were made to show that Steelers were lucky to even be in the Superbowl, they weren't just this dominate team. And my unbiased opinion today, as it was then, that it was more of a fluke than anything else.
                      Yea, it was just a fluke. :roll: Ben throwing 7 td's and only one interception must have been a fluke as well. He had a near perfect rating against Cinci where most qbs had terrible games. Meanwhile Eli in the playoffs threw 3 interceptions and had a qb rating of 35. Ben is more accurate than Eli, and doesn't make as many mental mistakes as Eli. Eli hasn't done anything extraordinary to be considered better than Big Ben at this point, so until he does Ben is the best qb out of that draft class.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080
                        Osi was almost in that deal. :shock: Imagine, the Giants fans would have to find something else to be huge homers over.

That is correct comahan
                        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                        <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151
                          Originally posted by Giantsfan1080
                          Osi was almost in that deal. :shock: Imagine, the Giants fans would have to find something else to be huge homers over.
                          The pick that was used for Snee was almost in that deal as well. I'd rather have Snee or Osi over Merriman so I'm happy with the deal.

Comment

You would rather have Chris Snee over Merriman???????????????WHAT!!!?!?!?!! That is one of the most homerish statements I have ever heard.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Yeah, Snee and Umenyiora are both very good.

Comment

You would rather have Chris Snee over Merriman???????????????WHAT!!!?!?!?!! That is one of the most homerish statements I have ever heard.
                                I'm just not a fan of Merriman at all. Has nothing to do with being a homer. I have defended your boy Ware many times in past threads about who will be better. Ware will be the far superior players when all is said and done.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information