Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eacantdraft
    Originally posted by bigbluedefense
    This topic is tiring and old. Let's end it in a positive manner. I think we can all agree on this.

Each team got their guy, and each team is happy with their choice. Thats all.

As a Giants fan, Im happy we got Eli over the other 2, im sure Pittsburgh fans are extremely happy with Roethlisberger, and SD fans should be happy with Rivers. Everyone got their guy, no one is a loser here. Each will be great, and evaluating them as individuals in a team sport is always subject to debate and not entirely accurate. So theres no need for it. Especially after only 2 seasons. Thats just silly.
    As a Giant fan, I thought and still think the Giants overpayed for Eli in a QB heavy draft. To the Giants homers. What does Eli have (besides his last name) that makes loosing a shot at a Shawn Merriman, an Alex Barron, a David Pollack, or a Derrick Johnson? as well as other players with the other picks the Giants gave up?
    I think its an absolute joke that you are rating quarterbacks 2 years into their careers. Thats like saying that Dan Marino was unquestionably better than Elway after their first 2 years...which we both know now is a ridiculous statement.

Football is a marathon, not a sprint. If players retired after 2 years, your topic of discussion would be worthwhile, but they don't, which is why I don't see the point in getting all worked up over nothing.

Comment

• I can't see how you can say Manning is bad yet. He has had two years to prove himself and has, at times, looked very good. Last season was his first full year as a starter. You saw what happened at the end of Ben's first year of starting in the 2004 playoffs. His accuracy went down and so did his level of play. Same thing happened to Eli at the end of this year. Eli will do better this year, esspecially toward the end, because he will be ready to take on the full load.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by Smooth Criminal
        I can't see how you can say Manning is bad yet. He has had two years to prove himself and has, at times, looked very good. Last season was his first full year as a starter. You saw what happened at the end of Ben's first year of starting in the 2004 playoffs. His accuracy went down and so did his level of play. Same thing happened to Eli at the end of this year. Eli will do better this year, esspecially toward the end, because he will be ready to take on the full load.
        Great post. It's about time a Steelers fan said something rational about Manning.
        Originally posted by Paul
        Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
        Originally posted by Vikes99ej
        These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
        MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

• I can't see how you can say Manning is bad yet. He has had two years to prove himself and has, at times, looked very good. Last season was his first full year as a starter. You saw what happened at the end of Ben's first year of starting in the 2004 playoffs. His accuracy went down and so did his level of play. Same thing happened to Eli at the end of this year. Eli will do better this year, esspecially toward the end, because he will be ready to take on the full load.

Good post, and I am kinda curious, because the guy sounds like Lockhart from the Giants.com MB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Number 10
            Originally posted by Smooth Criminal
            I can't see how you can say Manning is bad yet. He has had two years to prove himself and has, at times, looked very good. Last season was his first full year as a starter. You saw what happened at the end of Ben's first year of starting in the 2004 playoffs. His accuracy went down and so did his level of play. Same thing happened to Eli at the end of this year. Eli will do better this year, esspecially toward the end, because he will be ready to take on the full load.
            Great post. It's about time a Steelers fan said something rational about Manning.
            No one with any knowledge about football thinks that Manning is a bad QB. It usually take time for a young QB to become a good player. Ben is the exception not the rule.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• Just simple with any qb, wait until it's all said and done, but also everyone be mindful of the system, and coaching and even surrouding players. It's hard to compare apples and oranges.

Comment

• I don't think Manning is a bad QB, just that the burden of proof is on Eli to show that he's the best QB of the draft, not the other way around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10
                  I wouldn't neccesarily call the Giants a rush based offense.
                  Your offense seems to revolve around your RB though.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylor21
                    Originally posted by Jughead10
                    I wouldn't neccesarily call the Giants a rush based offense.
                    It is. But the statement was that our offense is rush based like the Steelers. When I don't think you can compare the offenses at all.

Last year we ran the ball 461 times and passed 557 times. The Steelers ran the ball 499 times and passed 375 times.

Comment

• Your offense seems to revolve around your RB though.
                      In the sense it opens up our passing game, than yea, but we do throw the ball alot as well, and when we do it's distributed well to all our guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking
                        In the sense it opens up our passing game, than yea, but we do throw the ball alot as well, and when we do it's distributed well to all our guys.
                        Im sayin Tiki is the center of your offense

Comment

• Im sayin Tiki is the center of your offense

Yeah that makes sense, but than again that can be said for alot of offenses with an good to sick running back. Mind you that means Portis, Tiki, LT, Shaun Alexander, LJ and many more can all say the same thing. But I agree he is the cog that opens everything else. Hopefully this year though we can rely on other sources so that tiki doesnt have to the burden of carrying the offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                            This topic is tiring and old. Let's end it in a positive manner. I think we can all agree on this.

Each team got their guy, and each team is happy with their choice. Thats all.

As a Giants fan, Im happy we got Eli over the other 2, im sure Pittsburgh fans are extremely happy with Roethlisberger, and SD fans should be happy with Rivers. Everyone got their guy, no one is a loser here. Each will be great, and evaluating them as individuals in a team sport is always subject to debate and not entirely accurate. So theres no need for it. Especially after only 2 seasons. Thats just silly.
                            The only difference is that NY gave up Shawne Merriman, Nate Kaeding, and Roman Oben to choose Eli as opposed to taking the guy who just won the Superbowl, or the guy who will put up numbers comparable to, if not better than Manning Jr.

I'm biased though, I freely admit. If Rivers starts piling up Ws and Lights Out builds on a DROY season, Ernie Accorsi will get jabbed in the nuts everytime he goes out in public.

Comment

• JP Losman is leading the Bills to the superbowl.

Comment

• Originally posted by yodachu
                                JP Losman is leading the Bills to the superbowl.

this year?
                                Originally posted by Paul
                                Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                                Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                                These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                                MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information