Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you expect from the NFC East Quarterbacks???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right now I'm more confident of Jacobs filling Tiki shoes than I am Eli taking it to the next level. I honestly don't think there will be as big of a drop off in the running game as everyone thinks. I'm loving Jacobs already. Some gems he has dropped so far. In response to the Giants opening with Dallas, Jacobs commented "Good, I hate Dallas". In response to the Eagles getting Takeo Spikes Jacbos commented "Just one more person for me to hit".

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
      Ricky, the Giants need to draft another WR or 2 in this draft because their talent is aging or unproven after Burress. Fact is, even Burress is getting older. It has nothing to do with Sinorice Moss's development. Of course, if he is able to contribute, that helps them tremendously.

In 2007-2008, Eli will be forced to develop. With Tiki gone, Burress will be doubled even more constantly. That means that Jacobs, Moss, Shockey, and Toomer will have to do damage for the Giants to move the ball. If Eli can make the adjustments, he will have a good year, perhaps even a great year. If he cannot, the Giants are pretty much doomed.
      I hate to be the one to say it (actually, I don't, but I'm trying to be polite) but weren't you gonna... oh I don't know...

stay out of this one and hope the discussion dies
      ?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

I was talking about Eli Manning, not a comparison between the QB's. Technically, I backed off. It was a comment solely about the Giants.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Alright, fine. I lied. I attempted to stay out of the conversation, and I was unable to. I am weak!

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Ricky, the Giants need to draft another WR or 2 in this draft because their talent is aging or unproven after Burress. Fact is, even Burress is getting older. It has nothing to do with Sinorice Moss's development. Of course, if he is able to contribute, that helps them tremendously.

In 2007-2008, Eli will be forced to develop. With Tiki gone, Burress will be doubled even more constantly. That means that Jacobs, Moss, Shockey, and Toomer will have to do damage for the Giants to move the ball. If Eli can make the adjustments, he will have a good year, perhaps even a great year. If he cannot, the Giants are pretty much doomed.
            Call me crazy, but I think that the fortunes of the Giants passing game lies in how early and often Coughlin can get Shockey involved.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
              Call me crazy, but I think that the fortunes of the Giants passing game lies in how early and often Coughlin can get Shockey involved.
              That would help. When Shockey gets the ball the stadium erupts when we are at home. And it always seems to have an effect on the offense. Really gets them going efficiently.

Comment

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
                He played an excellent game, there is no arguing that. You said that "the month of December was his downfall", and you want to include the first game of December in that mix simply because of the arbitrary marker of the turning of the calendar from November to December. I'm telling you, his problems did not begin until the New Orleans game (in which he wasn't that bad) and continued in the Philly game (in which he was very bad), but those two games were sandwiched between games that he was very good. The Giants game, though, was one of his best, even though the statistics don't reflect that. He made every big play he needed to make in that game to win it, including one of the best QB plays of the year by anyone.

The ridiculous assertion that "defenses had figured him out" is way overblown. That's like saying that defenses had figured Donovan out, or defenses had figured Hasselbeck out, etc. The only thing that could possibly reference is that he is at his best when he gets out of the pocket, but stopping him from doing that is easier said than done. And beyond that, he made plenty of plays from inside the pocket. It's not like its outside: good, inside: bad. That's stupid.

Anyhow, to put the numbers in perspective, in the final 4 games (where the team struggled visibly, along with Romo at times), if you were to eliminate the rest of the season, and just go with his numbers, he would still have outproduced Eli Manning for the season:

Name......Att pg....Comp pg....%.....YPG.....YPA.....TD%.....Int%....Rat
                Romo.......30.8.......18.8........61.....247.5.... .8.05....4.9......4.9.....82.5
                Eli...........32.6........18.8.......58......202.. .....6.21....4.6......3.4.....77.0

As you can see, if Romo's finish to the season is such cause for concern, and "defenses figured him out", then what is there to say for Eli, who has had 4x the game-time experience, and supposedly has so much more natural talent?
                See, now this is why these threads get out of hand. I, in no way was making a comparison to Manning and Romo but being the insecure Cowboys fan you are, you feel that throwing out numbers that can't be taken seriously because of the situations they were thrown into down the stretch was needed. I was simply implying that Romo really struggled down the stretch (last 5 games) and that is usually the case when young QBs have early. Defenses figure out their weaknesses and exploit them and it is up the coaching staff and QB himself to minimize those exploitations. Romo did not do that down the stretch, that's all.
                Originally posted by Paul
                Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Oh don't get me started on that. We have a top tier talent at TE, and we use him as a decoy to open up the WRs deep instead of designing plays to get him the ball.

He's nothing more than a deep streaker for us who pulls the safety one way so the WRs can get the ball downfield. Its a waste of his talents to use him that way, but hey, thats Coughlin for ya.

Comment

Which is why I am calling for Ted Ginn on the Giants next year and most of the G-Men fans here don't agree with me. Ginn would be huge for this team and Eli.
                    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

We have been crying about that for quite some time now. You don't even wanna know Shockey's first half of the game stats last year.
                      MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Ginn could fall to the Giants, but I think they have the speed guy already in Moss. Ginn and Moss are pretty much the same player. Ginn is a little more explosive, but both play similar roles. I think it's better for the Giants to get the best WR prospect available that they want. A guy like Dwayne Bowe or Robert Meachem, if they pan out, will have similar effects on the offense.

Comment

In conclusion...Coughlin sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                            In conclusion...Coughlin sucks.
                            Or people just over exxagerate the bad. And fail to look at the good.

Comment

Ginn could fall to the Giants, but I think they have the speed guy already in Moss. Ginn and Moss are pretty much the same player. Ginn is a little more explosive, but both play similar roles. I think it's better for the Giants to get the best WR prospect available that they want. A guy like Dwayne Bowe or Robert Meachem, if they pan out, will have similar effects on the offense.
                              But the thing is...even with Moss our WRs are not fast enough. Nobody gets seperation and part of it was due to the scheme. Eli is constantly forced to fit the ball into tight spots and having Ginn on the field would change that. Plus, I don't view Moss as a deep threat and Eli's best trait is throwing the deep ball. Yes Plax can go deep and make the big catch but I would not exactly call him a deep threat. Ginn would be huge for this offense.
                              MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

What good was there really in the overall offensive design of the Giants last year? They didn't use viable parts of the offense, and that cost them games, almost the playoffs. That's just bad coaching.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information