Patriots Switching to ZBS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by briz5x View Post
    you think they would target Joe Staley in the 1st round now?
    i think our OL are good enough as it is but its still a posibility if they dont feel someone will fit

Light - 305
    Mankins - 310
    Koppen - 300
    Neal - 305
    Kazcur - 315

what would that mean for Ryan O'Callaghan whos a 6"7 330 lb mammoth!

nvm over 300 really isnt small..Denver OL is small but Atlanta is very similar size to our OL
    Last edited by remix 6; 04-02-2007, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Westbrook is the best with zone blocking

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88

Comment

Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
        i think our OL are good enough as it is but its still a posibility if they dont feel someone will fit

Light - 305
        Mankins - 310
        Koppen - 300
        Neal - 305
        Kazcur - 315

what would that mean for Ryan O'Callaghan whos a 6"7 330 lb mammoth!

nvm over 300 really isnt small..Denver OL is small but Atlanta is very similar size to our OL
        Staley would probably upgrade Light, Kazcur, and Ocallahan in a zone blocking scheme, even though the guys we got now would be ok. I still hope they go defense with both picks in the 1st.

Comment

It's a step in the right direction esp. with Maroney at the reigns at RB. Won't be a huge affect/effect for the team though.
          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

I think they'll introduce more elements of the ZBS into their blocking scheme, but they won't make a full switch with personnell change.

Im not a fan of ZBS honestly. Pass protection suffers too much from it. Id only like it if its used with the WCO, because the WCO neutralizes alot of the problems in pass protection in ZBS. But Im not a fan of WCO either, so meh.

Comment

Well in order to run the ZBS, your OL need to be athletic and its alot harder for bigger guys to run it. I wouldnt be surprised to see the Pats OL slim down to fit it (Kevin Schaffer added 20-30 lbs after he left Atlanta). Once the slim down happens, the pass blocking could get worse.

Maybe the Falcon's OL just completely blows.

This is perfect for Marooney btw. Didnt he run in the ZBS in Minny?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                Well in order to run the ZBS, your OL need to be athletic and its alot harder for bigger guys to run it. I wouldnt be surprised to see the Pats OL slim down to fit it (Kevin Schaffer added 20-30 lbs after he left Atlanta). Once the slim down happens, the pass blocking could get worse.

Maybe the Falcon's OL just completely blows.

This is perfect for Marooney btw. Didnt he run in the ZBS in Minny?
                yeah he ran it at Minnesota

only 1 Patriots starting OL is listed at under 300 which is Koppen whos 295 but despite size, i feel Mankins and Light aswell as neal are athletic in ways
                Last edited by remix 6; 04-02-2007, 05:01 PM.

Comment

We have pretty adequate personel to make the switch to the ZBS, we should see pretty much the same starting OL. I don't know how O'Callaghan fits is now, but Kazcur should be decent at RT. Light, Mankins, Koppen, and Neal all seem like they would be pretty good. Light could be upgraded though, but I am not a fan of using a first rounder on Staley. It could happen though.

Comment

Good adjustment by the Pats! :)

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

It'll work well with Maroney, there's no doubt about that.

BoneKrusher

Comment

I think it should work out well for them, but I can see some struggles near the start of the year. I just think that they have good enough players, who will overcome the learning curve pretty quickly and they will continue to have an effective running game.

stephenson86

Comment

wont matter

pats wont stop passing!

but really, probably a good move as maroney will probably fit better in it

Go Ravens!

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                            We have pretty adequate personel to make the switch to the ZBS, we should see pretty much the same starting OL. I don't know how O'Callaghan fits is now, but Kazcur should be decent at RT. Light, Mankins, Koppen, and Neal all seem like they would be pretty good. Light could be upgraded though, but I am not a fan of using a first rounder on Staley. It could happen though.
                            i think Light took some bad critizism last year..he definatley played better end of season down the stretch. im fine with him.

Comment

I agree. I am happy with him at LT, but a lot of Pats fans seem to want him out.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                                I agree. I am happy with him at LT, but a lot of Pats fans seem to want him out.
                                havent heard much about him lately but many praised his good play again Merriman and Freeney

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information