WR Larry Fitzgerald
    TE Antonio Gates
    LT Walter Jones
    LG Steve Hutchinson
    C Nick Mangold
    RG Alan Faneca
    RT Orlando Pace
    Oooh I'm quoting myself. That's a new level of sadness! YAY

Anyways, since I don't like being called a 'lazy scumbag' without a glimpse of irony (which, ok, I AM a lazy scumbag, but there is NO NEED to rub it in) I'll put in some explanation.

Carson Palmer is a top 3 guy, and all have their own advantages, the reason Palmer hasn't got as many playoff games is cause the rest of his team can't seem to stay out of jail. I like Brady and Manning, but Palmer is younger and you gotta put some future in your team.

LT... I don't really need to explain this right?

Lorenzo Neal... well he's a big reason LT dominates, so I'd like to keep that combo intact.

Steve Smith is one of the fastest (playing speed) guys at wide receiver and he's a gamebreaker. Burner on the right and...

Larry Fitzgerald ...a possesion guy on the left. One of the best sets of hands and a physically dominating player who outjumps just about any corner.

Antonio Gates is the best tight end out there, fast, big, good hands, young. What more could you want out of your tight end? (I don't know how well he blocks...)

Walter Jones... dominating left tackle, you just don't get passed this guy easily.

Steve Hutchinson... to be honest I'm not much of an expert on guards, so I just put the guy in who according to most tackles is the best guard in the league

Nick Mangold is young and outplayed D'Brick in his rookie year, besides, I needed some youth on the line.

Alan Faneca... read Steve Hutchinson and replace 'the best' by 'the second best'.

Orlando Pace... well... I just figured I'd get another great tackle to play RT. Could have picked Ogden, or McNeill, or Anderson, or any other guy who plays well... but I picked Pace mainly based on that cute teddybear-like face he has in Madden.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
      Hey now Ed Reed can lay some wood when needed! But I do agree with the thoughts behind not having Peppers in a 3-4 attack, and plus Castillo is really not getting enough credit on that defense in San Diego.
      Reed is also a good pass rusher, but he usually goes in with finesse, whereas Taylor has the size and strength to outmuscle left tackles on the edge if need be. Reed had a beautiful blitz against Washington a few years back, pretty much winning the game single-handedly.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
        Orlando Pace... well... I just figured I'd get another great tackle to play RT. Could have picked Ogden, or McNeill, or Anderson, or any other guy who plays well... but I picked Pace mainly based on that cute teddybear-like face he has in Madden.
        With that sort of explanation, never post here again...EVER!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
        On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

QB: Tom Brady= he is a winner
          RB: LaDanian Tomlinson= the best RB Ive ever seen
          WR1: Chad Johnson= unstoppable
          WR2: Terrell Owens= unstoppable
          WR3: Steve Smith= unstoppable
          WR4: Larry Fitzgerald= you can't cover all these playmakers
          LT: Jonathan Ogden= though gettin up there in years, still one of the best
          LG: Steve Hutchinson= great run blocker solid in pass protection
          C: Olin Kreutz= why would I want any other C?
          RG: Shawn Andrews= strait up beast
          RT: Chris Samuels= great RT
          HALL OF FAMER!
          PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
          JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
            Reed is also a good pass rusher, but he usually goes in with finesse, whereas Taylor has the size and strength to outmuscle left tackles on the edge if need be. Reed had a beautiful blitz against Washington a few years back, pretty much winning the game single-handedly.
            I agree with your thoughts but I can't give the nod to a guy who blows up a punter in the Pro Bowl and was excited about it. :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
            On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
            Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

QB: Peyton Manning
              The best in the game and is his own offensive coordinator. He comes up in the clutch and now has a ring to silence his doubters.
              RB: Ladanian Tomlinson
              Nuff Said.
              FB: Lorenzo Neal
              Has been an all-pro for the last few years and is definitely a help for Ladanian and has helped the image of Michael Tuner as well.
              WR: Marvin Harrison
              People call him old, yet he hasn't lost a step. Does everything with dignity and class and takes care of his body to preserve himself.
              WR: Steve Smith
              I just love his playmaking ability. Him and Marvin catching passes from Peyton would cause every defensive coordinator in the league to **** himself.
              TE: Antonio Gates
              Recieving-wise he does things that no other tight end has ever done and I expect him to break every tight end record there is. He's also a solid blocker.
              LT: Walter Jones
              He struggled some last year without Hutch, but he's still in that upper tier of left tackles, possibly still the best, and has Hutch back with him on this team.
              LG: Steve Hutchinson
              Him with Walter Jones gave Shaun Alexander the touchdown record. I think that's justification enough.
              C: Olin Kreutz
              Absolutely nasty and ruthless center who has been the league's best for a while.
              RG: Shawn Andrews
              He's young, but he played better than any guard in the league last year and he should only get better.
              RT: Willie Anderson
              Right tackles tend to lack consistency as far as who the top guys are, but Willie hasn't seemed to have that problem.

Yes, i'm a lazy scumbag.
              Last edited by cardsalltheway; 04-02-2007, 04:21 PM.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

QB - Peyton Manning - Smartest QB in the game, can make all the throws, patient in the pocket, can win the big game
                RB - LaDainian Tomlinson - Fastest, most alusive RB in the game, great pass-catcher out of the backfield, kind of a no-brainer
                WR - Steve Smith - Is so quick he is almost impossible to cover, runs great routes, a great leaper for his size, best play-making WR in the game, also a great return man
                TE - Antonio Gates - A terror in the red zone, great hands and very hard to bring down, one of the most athletic TEs in the league
                LT - D'Brickashaw Ferguson - One of the best pass-protectors in the game and is only a 2nd year player, can only improve on his run-blocking
                LG - Steve Hutchinson - The best all-round guard in the game
                C - Olin Kreutz - Toughest center in the game, really plays with a mean streak, has plenty of years left in the tank
                RG - Davin Joseph - Very athetic guard with lots of upside, was a starter as a rookie, really showed the Bucs training staff that he is one of the better young guards in the league
                RT - Willie Anderson - Extremely durable, one of the most consistent tackles in the league
                TE - Tony Gonzalez - Maybe the best all-round TE in the league, gives great effort as a blocker, still a great pass-catcher
                WR - Roy Williams - One of, if not the most physical WR in the game, a red-zone terror, one of the best at catching in traffic

Comment

I agree with your thoughts but I can't give the nod to a guy who blows up a punter in the Pro Bowl and was excited about it. :D
                  I've met Moorman before, believe me, he can take it!

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                    you lazy scumbags, if you're going to participate in a tired thread, at least you know, back up your thoughts. unless you're compeltely incapable of thinking of a reason as to why you'd take carson palmer over brady/manning, in which case you really have no legitimate business posting to a football related website anyways.
                    wow...what an asshole

Comment

QB- P.Manning: amazing arm accuracy, team leader on and off the field, makes right decisions, 2times MVP.
                      HB- LaDainian Tomlinson: speed, hands, makes people miss, can throw the ball too and has a great character.team player. all in all a perfect football player.
                      FB- Griffith: can run,catch and block. hard for def to find out what will come.
                      WR- Andre Johnson: very strong for wr, can block. has whole package for great NFL WR. hard to cover.
                      WR- Chad Johnson: great speed,hands. play maker. trash talker.
                      TE- Vernon Davis: incredible speed for a TE. good hands and he will be a great run blocker. play maker. the whole package.
                      i have no idea about OL, but that what i would choose as my OL, because i want to see how they perform as a group
                      LT- Orlando Pace
                      LG- Steve Hutchinson
                      C- Charles Bentley: not injured the best C in NFL, especially as run blocker
                      RG- Shawn Andrews
                      RT- Willie Anderson: team leader, incredible strong, he playes RT.

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                        Im going young

QB Carson Palmer
                        RB LaDainian Tomlinson
                        FB Terrelle Smith
                        WR Anquan Boldin
                        WR Larry Fitzgerald
                        TE Antonio Gates
                        LT Marcus McNeil
                        LG Shawn Andrews
                        C Nick Mangold
                        RG Deuce Lutui
                        RT D'Brickashaw Ferguson
                        Haha...got enough Cardinals on there? Deuce Lutui!?!? WTF!?!?!

And the Browns cut Terrelle Smith, you really think he's the best fullback in the league?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

LT - Walter Jones (The best right now)
                          LG - Alan Faneca (Has eclipsed Hutch as the best IMO)
                          C - Nick Mangold (One of the top already after just his first season)
                          RG - Brian Waters (The best RG around)
                          RT - Marcus McNeil (Already a calibur LT, but has the build of a mauling RT)

QB - Carson Palmer (Young, but still improving)

RB1 - LaDainian Tomlinson (Needs no explaination)
                          RB2 - Maurice Jones-Drew (Can play some slot and 3rd-down back spelling Tomlinson, also can be the team's kick returner--- explosive and tough in a small package)
                          FB - Lorenzo Neal (The best in the buisness right now)

TE1 - Antonio Gates - (Needs little explaination)
                          TE2 - Ben Watson - (Another TE who can be a good red-zone threat but also block well)

WR1 - Chad Johnson (Great. The go-to guy for Carson)
                          WR2 - Reggie Wayne (Improving constantly. Fits best as a #2 in a top playmaking offense)
                          WR3 - Anquan Boldin (Already a great starter, but would be just as good here the tough slot receiver who goes over the middle for the team)

Comment

With that sort of explanation, never post here again...EVER!
                            First of all: I hope you weren't being serious.

In case you were, here's what you should do:

1. (in case of bad weather wherever you are) put on coat
                            2. walk/bike/drive/peddle to a store
                            3. buy sense of humor (if you're lucky, you'll get discount)
                            4. re-read post.

if that doesn't work, repeat this a few times. If that doesn't help... here's another suggestion:

1. put on coat
                            2. go outside
                            3. STAY THERE.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Tom Brady - accurate, smart, clutch..good arm and makes great reads

Tomlinson - Does it all, a home run threat with very good power and great receiving abilities. Will not get brought down by 1 player

Mughelli - Seems to be next best FB, hes young and can receive

Steve Smith - Speed WR, stretch the field and create seperation. Big play threat

Anquan Boldin - compliments Smith with his power, good hands and hardest WR to bring down, a physical WR who will make the tough grabs

Gates - Great athlete with speed and hands

McNeil - im going with a young front line, a big strong blocker can handle the blindside

Hutchinson - pro bowl LG and under 30 till mid season

Koppen(Bentley but hes hurt) - underrated center, him and Brady work well and hes a smart and solid blocker. Bentley was the choice but hes still hurt :(

Andrews - the best young, upcoming guard in the league

J. Brown - moved to RT because McNeil, another young pro bowler to the OL

built for the long run with young, rising talent(besides some players ) but the OL is very young

Comment

QB - Michael Vick - As inconsistent as Michael is, when he's on his game, he's really on. If Michael is able to become consistent, and if he actually had a monster O-Line and recieving core like this, no question he's the man I pick. Michael is young, and still has a ton of room to improve, he has unquestionably one of if not the strongest arm in the league and can escape the pass rusher if he has too. Although not too accurate, Michael's huge problem right now has to do with his read on what to do with the ball. He has to be a better decision maker and not always decide to run as soon as a rusher is near.

RB - Steven Jackson - A healthy Jackson is one of the best RBs in the league as was evident last season. Clearly there are Backs better than Jackson, but the combination of his age and the fact that he still has room to go made him the choice here for me. Jackson has surprising speed for his size and runs tough at all times, not to mention he has great hands. Marshall Faulk taught him well.

FB - Justin Griffith - There is not many great young fullbacks in this league, so I decided to go ahead and choose Griffith. As a former Falcon, he lead the way for 4 straight 1000 yard seasons from the runners behind and 3 straight seasons with the #1 rushing attack. Griffith is also a great pass catcher and can run the ball effective when necessary.

WR1 - Andre Johnson - Andre has all the tools you look for in a #1 reciever. He is amazingly athletic and speedy for his size, has great hands, and can jump with the best of him. He was literally the only bright spot on a horrid Texans offense and found ways to make big plays even when Carr didn't have time to throw the ball.

WR2 - Steve Smith - A speedy reciever to add to the bunch, Smith has to potential to break a big play on every down. Most teams were forced to double-cover Smith at all times, leaving holes for the Panthers RBs to run through or Keyshawn Johnson open downfield.

WR3 - Larry Fitzgerald - Despite his lack of speed, Fitzgerald has phenominal hands and knows how to use his body to seperate himself from defenders. He is huge at 6'4' at can leap over all who cover him, if not for injuries, his numbers would be even larger.

TE1 - Kellen Winslow Jr. - When healthy, whether you like him or not, Winslow Jr. is a top TE in the game. He still has the speed despite the injuries he has suffered in the past, he has the blocking ability when he feels like it, and for sure he has the hands you look for in a TE.

LT - Jammal Brown - When forced to switch from RT to LT last year, Brown made a great transition and blocked for the best offense in the league. On a once poor offensive line, the Saints made 4 changes and Brown remained the only starter from the previous season. He man-handled defenders that tried to get to Brees and lead way for the Bush/McAllister tandem.

LG - Davin Joseph - The extremely athletic guard will have to make the transiton from Right to Left Guard for me. He has a ton of potential and has all the tools to dominate in the NFL. He is also young which is what I am looking for in my franchise.

C - Nick Mangold - Everybody knew Mangold was good coming out of Ohio State and into the NFL Season for the Jets, but most didn't expect Mangold to play that well. With the help of D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Mangold made some really great changes to a once poor offensive line and they should be set for years to come.

RG - Shawn Andrews - Andrews is an absolute monster and really plays like his size. He pushes around defenders and lets nobody get near the middle. This mauler is really what I am looking for when I am trying to get a 3rd and short and a TD.

RT - Marcus McNeill - Coming into the season and the draft McNeill had so many injury concerns people really just forgot about him.. bad move. McNeill was one of the key reasons Tomlinson broke the single season TD record and will be a freak for years to come for the Chargers offensive line.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information