No announcement yet.

Top 5 CB's in the NFL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you serious? 1 INT in 37 passes is great, for the passes that are thrown at him. CBs are not playmakers. The QBs who throw crappy passes give CBs the plays. And a good pash rush to make the QB make bad desicions. THe lack of knowledge in this thread is incredible. If you have ever seen Newman punt return, or play in college, you would know he is a playmaker. And he has had a # INT game before in his career. It is not his fault he is never thrown at.

Oh and sig is your stupid. Vince Young could take a dump on Cutlers chest.
    Last edited by Achilles33; 04-07-2007, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Achilles33 View Post
      Are you serious? 1 INT in 37 passes is great, for the passes that are thrown at him. CBs are not playmakers. The QBs who throw crappy passes give CBs the plays. And a good pash rush to make the QB make bad desicions. THe lack of knowledge in this thread is incredible. If you have ever seen Newman punt return, or play in college, you would know he is a playmaker. And he has had a # INT game before in his career. It is not his fault he is never thrown at.

Oh and sig is your stupid. Vince Young could take a dump on Cutlers chest.
      Well considering Champ had 10 times the interceptions with no pass rush and probably similar amount of balls thrown to him... 2.7% is nothing. Think about that for a minute. If he got thrown to 1000 times, he'd have 27 interceptions. 27. Out of 1000. That is not a good ratio at all. You really need to stop making excuses for Newman. He does not have elite ball skills.

And I like how you realise you're beaten and then drag a QB debate into this. This thread is about CBs, not QBs. Then again, I'm not surprised you didn't know that, I hear the difference between Q and C is a 3rd grade class. But here's some 4th grade math you might want to know: 1.80>0.92. 59.1%>51.5%. 88.5>66.7. Yeah, I mean there's no way anyone could consider Cutler better at all, it's no conversation.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
      Originally posted by njx9
      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Ok, he had a bad season, playmaking wise. He had 4, 4, and 3 INTs in his first 3 seasons, and he had 1 his 4th, big deal. Newman is a playmaker. You will see this year, because we will have a pass rush, and a FS.

And if you don't think Newman has elite ball skills, here:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/newman_terence

Can track the ball over his shoulder, reaching and plucking to make the interception.
        Either way, we both agree that he is a top 5 CB, so its all good. I can see why people don't he he is playmaker because of his INT numbers, be he really is a playmaker. Did you see playoff game against the Seahawks? Did you see the play where he tipped the ball from out of bounds back in bounds to Roy Williams for the INT? To have the presence of mind and concentration to do that in the middle of a playoff game is amazing. That is defenitly one of the best plays I have ever seen.
        Last edited by Achilles33; 04-07-2007, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X

Debug Information