Top 5 CB's in the NFL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
    Didn't Lucas have a real down year last year? I didn't see many Panthers games.
    I thought he was replaced by that rookie mid-season?

Comment

1-Bailey
      2-Mathis
      3-McAlister
      4-Winfield (complete CB baby)
      5-Hall (kinda sucked at times last year thougH)

Comment

Lucas is overated. Gamble is gonna be a better player, and already is a pro bowl quality talent

Comment

Originally posted by zoinks View Post
          I know y'all ain't buying, but Pacman Jones belongs somewhere in this conversation....few players in the league can impact a game like he does. Kid's an idiot, but he's a dominant corner, and a spectacular playmaker.
          Pacman is on his way if he actually plays this year.

Comment

Bailey
            McAllister
            Newman
            Mathis
            Harris

then the rest. I honestly think the top 3 are on another level then the bottom too. I don't think many people have watched Tnew play...my guess is INT numbers are getting to many votes here.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
              I thought he was replaced by that rookie mid-season?
              I know he had injury problems, I'm pretty sure it had nothing to do with Lucas' play.

That is correct comahan
              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
              <3 dg

Comment

He and Chris gamble suffered a lot of injuries. Lucas hurt his hamstring, so naturally the whole acceleration and running thing was gone from his game.

His tackling was down because he had an injured shoulder as well.

When he's healthy though he's big fast and aggressive, he'll jam speedy receiver, put shots on running backs and play very well.

Yeah he had a down year, but he's still one of the best in the NFL. He's easily better than the guys I put below him anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                  Lucas is overated. Gamble is gonna be a better player, and already is a pro bowl quality talent
                  Actually if I had to choose our three corners I'd have them in the following order:

Lucas
                  Marshall
                  Gamble.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                    Your kidding right? Gamble shouldn't even be a starting CB in this league. Almost every big passing play that wasn't the Safeties fault was on Gamble this year.

-30 yard reception by Troy Williamson on a critical 3rd & 10 in overtime on a crossing route. Led to the Vikes game winning field goal.

- He gift wraps a Touchdown in the Raven game by tipping the ball right to Mark Clayton, then gets burned again by Clayton for a 62 yard TD looked like the deep post.

-4th & 1 in the 4th quarter against the Bengals. All they need is one stop, he gets burned on a 32 yard play by Chad Johnson on the deep go. He doesn't even attempt to look back for the ball

-Then 1 play later he gives up the TD to TJ Houshmanzadeh which gives the Bengals the lead.

- Gives up 2 Touchdowns in the Redskins game that blow the lead Randle El quick slant in the endzone. The other one was a 66 yard TD covering Chris Cooley. (part of that goes to Minter for terribly missing the tackle)

-Victimized in the Philly game yet again 40 yard TD to Reggie Brown in the 4th quarter giving up a lead.

I'll just stop there. As a guy who watched Panthers games Gamble is such a joke, he's bordering on Ahmad Caroll territory. Lucas & Marshall should be the starting CB tandem next year.
                    Last edited by Star Wideout; 04-03-2007, 12:12 AM.

Comment

I'll take Aso over everyone except for Champ.
                      "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
                        I'll take Aso over everyone except for Champ.

Comment

Champ
                          McAllister
                          Asomugha
                          Mathis
                          Clements

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                          @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Champ Bailey
                            Chris McAllister
                            Nnamdi Asomugha
                            Nate Clements
                            Asante Samuel

In no particular order.

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
                              Bailey
                              McAllister
                              Newman
                              Mathis
                              Harris

then the rest. I honestly think the top 3 are on another level then the bottom too. I don't think many people have watched Tnew play...my guess is INT numbers are getting to many votes here.
                              Your sig wreaks of awesomeness. I have had a sudden obsession with Flash and I think he is really cool.

Speaking of which, I bet Flash would make a kickass CB.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

1. Champ Bailey
                                2. Chris McAlister
                                3. Nate Clements
                                4. Rashean Mathis
                                5. Terrence Newman

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information