No announcement yet.

Best young QB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone is on the Cutler bandwagon now, yet before the draft, you couldn't go 2 days without a post talking about how "overhyped" he was, and how he was "gonna be the next Kyle Boller". There were posts 5-10 pages long about this (CoolRider) where only a couple of people defended him.

I had him as the best in this draft, and I think he'll be the best out of this group when it's all said and done, with Phillip Rivers coming in a close 2nd.

Comment

I have a feeling that if he ever gets the chance to play, Ingle Martin could be a good starting quarterback in this league.

Anybody else think that it's ironic that he got screwed under Zook at Florida, and after he transferred, Meyer came in, and Martin would have been perfect in Meyer's system.

Comment

Matt Cassel belongs on that list

Comment

In due time, Leinart is my choice to be the next great QB. His line isn't good now, but that can change over the course of a year or two with the draft and FA. What he does have is the top WR tandem, a good TE to grow with, and we'll see if Edge maintains, or the Cards draft an RB to help out. He'll also have a good defense when he eventually starts.

When you talk about how franchises were "traditionally" before an impact player went there, how was Green Bay doing for the 20 or so years after Lombardi left and Favre went there? 9ers had 7 losing seasons out of eight or so prior to Montana being named the starter, including consecutive 2-14 years. Bengals had 15 yars or so after Boomer in which they were the Bungals prior to Carson Palmer.
          The pain fades and the good memories will remain.

Comment

Originally posted by Pit Bull #53
            Everyone is on the Cutler bandwagon now, yet before the draft, you couldn't go 2 days without a post talking about how "overhyped" he was, and how he was "gonna be the next Kyle Boller". There were posts 5-10 pages long about this (CoolRider) where only a couple of people defended him.

I had him as the best in this draft, and I think he'll be the best out of this group when it's all said and done, with Phillip Rivers coming in a close 2nd.
            Yep, well had had a good preseason. And we all know if someone has a good preseason it must mean they are going to have a great career.

Comment

Geez you have Boller on the list, might as well have Joey Harringon up there too.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
              Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by stingray19
                Matt Cassel belongs on that list

Comment

Schaub.

Comment

I'm surprised Schaub has only 1 vote out of 30 ?

I think he's a free agent next year and there will be a bidding war for him, where ever he goes he'll have a legitimate shot at starting

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

Testeverde.

Out of those problably Simms.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Its close between Schaub and Rivers for me but im gonna say Rivers.

Comment

Of all those guys id say cutler but i also think A Rod should be on the list.

Comment

Wow there are alot of people on the Cutler bandwagon now aren't there?

I've been saying since January that Cutler was the top QB in the draft and that he would be a superstar...

Comment

Originally posted by dcarey20
                              Wow there are alot of people on the Cutler bandwagon now aren't there?

I've been saying since January that Cutler was the top QB in the draft and that he would be a superstar...
                              Yes, people JUST started to like Cutler as a prospect, by no means has he had any hype since the end of the college football season.

Anyway, if I had to pick someone and IF EVERYTHING works out perfectly; I'm going to go with Philip Rivers. He has the frame, mind and I'd say arm to survive in the NFL on a year-to-year basis. All he truly lacks is experience and he should get that this year. He already has a solid rushing game and a decent enough aerial attack to do some damage. I never really pick rookies as they usually go into unspectacular places but Cutler and Leinart are to be considered.
                              Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

Out of those, Cutler or Rivers. Carson Palmer will be the best QB in the NFL in 5 years though.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                                <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information