Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mare dealt for a 6th

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=st&type=lgns

Please delete if you don't think this is thread worthy. That said, Mare's been one of the better kickers in the league in recent memory.

Not the last 4 or so years he hasn't been. He isn't as accurate as he was before, but he's still got possibly the strongest leg in the NFL. Shame that he isn't accurate with that strong leg of his.

Comment

Ha, and the Fins want Green for a 7th rounder?

Comment

Another player that Payton is gambling on. Maybe in an indoor stadium Mare might get his groove back but he hasn't been the surest of kickers in the past couple of years.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
        WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
          Another player that Payton is gambling on. Maybe in an indoor stadium Mare might get his groove back but he hasn't been the surest of kickers in the past couple of years.
          He might since he will be kicking in a dome in 8 games. One thing that I know you will love about him will be his kickoff's because he's the bess at doing that. He holds the record for most touchbacks in a season and I believe he had like 24 last year.
          Last edited by Ace; 04-03-2007, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Crap, I was hoping the Giants would get him.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryJohnson27 View Post
              Ha, and the Fins want Green for a 7th rounder?
              What's so bad about that? Isn't like he's getting much interest anyway and no team would be dumb enough to trade a 2nd rounder for a 36 year old who is coming off of a concusion. The only thing you should be laughing about is the Chiefs holding him hostage for such a high draft pick which they know that won't be getting.

Comment

decent deal for new Orleans

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                  What's so bad about that? Isn't like he's getting much interest anyway and no team would be dumb enough to trade a 2nd rounder for a 36 year old who is coming off of a concusion. The only thing you should be laughing about is the Chiefs holding him hostage for such a high draft pick which they know that won't be getting.

The Lions and Browns have both expressed interest. I also believe asking for a 2nd is crazy, don't get me wrong, but I think a 4th or 5th rounder sounds about right. Since you guys don't have a 5th I guess it would have to be a 4th. If you guys can get a 6th rounder for an old kicker on the decline we should be able to get better then that for an old QB on the decline, who would probablly be your starter in 07 and possibly 08.
                  Last edited by LarryJohnson27; 04-03-2007, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Dolphins replace him with Feely, probably going to be upset

Comment

So do the Saints still consider Mason Crosby or is he destined for Dallas?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                      On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                      Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

It's an OK signing for us. We get a kicker that hasn't turned 40 at least ;)

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                          So do the Saints still consider Mason Crosby or is he destined for Dallas?
                          Right now I'm thinking he will end up in Dallas, Atlanta or Washington, with Dallas as the most likely alternative. If Washington wants him they would have to trade up into the 2nd-3rd to get him which isn't very likely.

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

Guess Peyton isn't sold on Karney and Billy "The Truth" Cundiff.

Comment

The only thing I didn't like about Carney (notice the "C", Ward ;)) was he didn't have the leg to even attempt the longer FG variety. But, from about 30-40 yds. he was usually money. At least Mare will give us a kicker that gives us decent field position on kickoffs, though.
                              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. Weve shown weve been able to do that. - Jabari Greer

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information