Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which NFC east has the BEST offensive unit as a whole?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• julious jones is about as underated at rb as you can get, the man is explosive, he's ripped off more then a couple games over 150 yds, and usually does it when the lights come in, wouldnt surprise me if he did it 2nite....

i really like our 1-2 punch, but the giants have tiki, and unless your the chargers you wont beat what they have thats just how that is, but even with ours not being as good, we are definately up there....

and as for the qb argument, maning and bledsoe do have the same number of int's, so if everyone wants to call bledsoe trash that almost brings eli down into the same level as well, BUT....

regardless of this whole argument for bledsoe and manning, does anyone else agree that 2nite will answer alot of questions about these 2 when they go head to head, and id feel it necessary to base most of that argument off of this game, either way it goes.....

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• regardless of this whole argument for bledsoe and manning, does anyone else agree that 2nite will answer alot of questions about these 2 when they go head to head, and id feel it necessary to base most of that argument off of this game, either way it goes.....
      It could and it could not. QBs can have great games in losing efforts. I have seen it before. QBs can also have bad games in winning efforts. It depends how the game is played out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10
        regardless of this whole argument for bledsoe and manning, does anyone else agree that 2nite will answer alot of questions about these 2 when they go head to head, and id feel it necessary to base most of that argument off of this game, either way it goes.....
        It could and it could not. QBs can have great games in losing efforts. I have seen it before. QBs can also have bad games in winning efforts. It depends how the game is played out.

i didnt mean whose qb ended up with a W, i meant as far as trying to asses both of these qb's, not much of a better time then head to head when its on primetime...i want to see how eli starts the game, for the whole first half, and i want to see how drew handles pressure from a solid D and if he just looks for the open WR or feels pressured to throw the ball to TO

Comment

• Originally posted by RamonceTaylorThaGreat
          Originally posted by Jughead10

i didnt mean whose qb ended up with a W, i meant as far as trying to asses both of these qb's, not much of a better time then head to head when its on primetime...i want to see how eli starts the game, for the whole first half, and i want to see how drew handles pressure from a solid D and if he just looks for the open WR or feels pressured to throw the ball to TO
          I'll have to TIVO the game to do that. There is a very good chance I'll be out at a bar with a strong buzz leading towards being hammered while watching this game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10
            Also still defending Bledsoe I see when many other Cowboy fans and the rest of the world agree that he is not a great QB anymore. I think it is a big of an exagerration (mostly because of frustration) by the original poster about how much better Eli is than Bledsoe, but I tend to agree with him.

That is kind of my point in this whole deal. You must realize that roughly 95% of all fans are of the "casual" variety, and have their opinions dictated by media propaganda such as NFL Live, Total Access, Sportscenter and Inside the NFL. I am acutely aware of this this particular season because I've seen the discrepency between what has been reported in the on-going "TO Saga" vs. what has actually happened. It really is a disgrace.

The way this affects the Bledsoe situation is that it is the knee-jerk, rush-to-judgment analysis that is based more off of highlight reels and "inside sources", a.k.a. fabrications, than reality and honest-to-goodness analysis of his play.

The result is people like #10 who really haven't seen that much of him, don't know anything about the coaching staff's sentiments regarding his play, and yet feel like they are the experts on the situation because guys like Salisbury, Schlereth, Golic, Faulk and Schefter(don't even get me started on how unqualified this guy is to be analyzing football) are all slamming him and his ability.

Now, I understand that Bledsoe has not been all-world so far this season. I understand that he has struggled in the most important game he has played so far this year. But to simply ignore his production and excellence during the majority of the season while magnifying his mistakes, even if they were in crucial junctures, is the kind of skin-deep judgmental stupidity that I detest. All I am trying to do is provide a little levity to the discussion. I feel like a broken record here.
            Originally posted by 21ST
            He was protecting his self
            Originally posted by tjsunstein
            From what? His leg?
            Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
            That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
            "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
              Originally posted by Jughead10
              Also still defending Bledsoe I see when many other Cowboy fans and the rest of the world agree that he is not a great QB anymore. I think it is a big of an exagerration (mostly because of frustration) by the original poster about how much better Eli is than Bledsoe, but I tend to agree with him.

That is kind of my point in this whole deal. You must realize that roughly 95% of all fans are of the "casual" variety, and have their opinions dictated by media propaganda such as NFL Live, Total Access, Sportscenter and Inside the NFL. I am acutely aware of this this particular season because I've seen the discrepency between what has been reported in the on-going "TO Saga" vs. what has actually happened. It really is a disgrace.

The way this affects the Bledsoe situation is that it is the knee-jerk, rush-to-judgment analysis that is based more off of highlight reels and "inside sources", a.k.a. fabrications, than reality and honest-to-goodness analysis of his play.

The result is people like #10 who really haven't seen that much of him, don't know anything about the coaching staff's sentiments regarding his play, and yet feel like they are the experts on the situation because guys like Salisbury, Schlereth, Golic, Faulk and Schefter(don't even get me started on how unqualified this guy is to be analyzing football) are all slamming him and his ability.

Now, I understand that Bledsoe has not been all-world so far this season. I understand that he has struggled in the most important game he has played so far this year. But to simply ignore his production and excellence during the majority of the season while magnifying his mistakes, even if they were in crucial junctures, is the kind of skin-deep judgmental stupidity that I detest. All I am trying to do is provide a little levity to the discussion. I feel like a broken record here.
              Try this. STOP CALLING ME OUT.

Don't sit there and tell me I don't watch enough of the Cowboys. I have watched 3 full Cowboys games (start to end) and caught glimpses of the others. My roomate and best friend is a Cowboys fan who by the way wants Bledsoe out at starting QB.

Look no further than some of the Cowboys fans that are calling for Romo to take over the helm before you try to look down on me for being under the correct impression that Eli Manning is a better QB than Drew Bledsoe.
              Originally posted by Paul
              Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
              Originally posted by Vikes99ej
              These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
              MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

• .......Chirp.......Chirp

Maybe Bledsoe was hurt or something. No way would he get benched for Romo. I mean, he is the 2nd best QB in the division.
                MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

• I cannot believe Cowboys fans were actually arguing that Bledsoe was good. Although Eli makes some dumb decisions at times, he is still a lot better than Bledsoe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver
                    I cannot believe Cowboys fans were actually arguing that Bledsoe was good. Although Eli makes some dumb decisions at times, he is still a lot better than Bledsoe.
                    He gets flustered a bit but I can't even kill him for his INT last night. That is why we have Plax, to go one on one with a corner in the end zone. For some reason Plax couldn't read that deep ball as good as the corner and Plax pulled up short and tried to jump like he was 8 feet tall. While the corner realized that the pass was heading for the back of the end zone not the front.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver
                      I cannot believe Cowboys fans were actually arguing that Bledsoe was good. Although Eli makes some dumb decisions at times, he is still a lot better than Bledsoe.

I think they're done with arguing his case. The switch came one week too late for some people.
                      MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

• For those of you that called me a homer for saying that Eli is better than Bledsoe....you owe me apology on top of apology and you should consider never calling me out again.
                        MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

• Just to own up, it is sure looking, at least at this point, like I was dead wrong on this one. Last night Bledsoe wasn't actually that bad, but that Int in the endzone was as bone-head a play as there is in this league.

You'll notice, though, that Eli wasn't great either. He made a bad-ass pass to Plax down the sideline that is a perfect illustration of what he is capable of. You will not see a better placed ball all year long. Newman had perfect coverage. It was 1-on-1 down the feild, and both Plax and Eli made great plays. That one was truly a beauty.

Besides that, though, Eli was erratic and off for most of the night. Even though he was getting pretty good protection, he wasn't able to give the knock out blow to a team that was obviously reeling.

But, again, on Drew Bledsoe I am fully prepared to admit being full of sh** if there is not a dramatic turn around very soon. As of now, it doesn't look like there will be.
                          Originally posted by 21ST
                          He was protecting his self
                          Originally posted by tjsunstein
                          From what? His leg?
                          Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                          That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                          "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                            Just to own up, it is sure looking, at least at this point, like I was dead wrong on this one. Last night Bledsoe wasn't actually that bad, but that Int in the endzone was as bone-head a play as there is in this league.

You'll notice, though, that Eli wasn't great either. He made a bad-ass pass to Plax down the sideline that is a perfect illustration of what he is capable of. You will not see a better placed ball all year long. Newman had perfect coverage. It was 1-on-1 down the feild, and both Plax and Eli made great plays. That one was truly a beauty.

Besides that, though, Eli was erratic and off for most of the night. Even though he was getting pretty good protection, he wasn't able to give the knock out blow to a team that was obviously reeling.

But, again, on Drew Bledsoe I am fully prepared to admit being full of sh** if there is not a dramatic turn around very soon. As of now, it doesn't look like there will be.
                            Good job on keeping your word....but don't ever call me out telling me my views are obstructed by being a homer. I have clicked on all cylinders with my predictions for the Giants this year and I give a ton of respect to the other teams in our division, more so than we get from you guys.

End of argument.
                            MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

• giants 3-0 vs NFC East. nuff said.

Comment

• all i know is from the first post in this thread, i said blesoe was horrible, and didnt want him as my qb, and that eli was better...so i dont have ANY owning up to do...

but i will say to giants fans, some of you are acting like the season was over yesterday and we all just stop playing...your record is one game better thus far, doesnt mean you won the division, or will win out from here on, so how about relax a little on that..

Number 10: Kudos for having predictions right THUS far, but the seasons not over, just because you predicted us as a 3rd place finish, doesnt mean anything right now because we are 3rd after 7 games, ill give you props at the end of the season, but this whole feeling coming from you guys is as if the season ended with that game, you still have division games left, i dont care if they are at home or not, you still have to play the games, no one is a lock to win any game ahead of time....

so before you annoint the giants nfc each champs, and the eagles in cowboys in that order lets finish the year....last year i cant remember how many people called the redskins last place finishers then, and they ended up going 2 rounds deep in the playoffs....u never know how things will play off, yes u have the advantage and upper hand, but thats no reason to act as if its time to wrap things up

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information