Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which NFC east has the BEST offensive unit as a whole?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
    However, the Eagles also have three new starters on the interior, and their two Tackles are coming back from season ending injuries, so that is a question laden team as well.
    It's pretty much the same thing, but you just meesed up on a couple small counts.

The Eagles have 2 new starters on the interior, Herremans and Jackson.

Runyan didnt have a season ending injury. Herremans did, and he played tackle after Tra so it's somewhat the same.

Tra Thomas probably would have been able to play last year but they were precautionary, same thing with Westbrook.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

Didnt Tra Thomas change his name?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

He goes by William, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
          Sort of. He was called by Tra, but he was William Thomas III. The third is where Tra came from.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

Originally posted by Dillen
            Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
            Sort of. He was called by Tra, but he was William Thomas III. The third is where Tra came from.
            Interesting, I never knew that. Thanks.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by Moses
              Originally posted by Moses
              Most of your arguments are based off stats from years past. I'm looking ahead to this year. I personally feel that Portis is a better back than Barber. Both are great backs but I think Portis has the edge at this point in their careers. This opinion is simply based on watching both play and seeing how much they help their teams. Barber helps out more in the passing game but I think it's pretty special what Portis can accomplish along the ground. Again, I'm of the opinion that stats rarely tell the whole story and simply comparing YPC, total yards, etc. is pointless.
              So someone brings cold hard facts to the table regarding the way things have been, and somehow a "gut feeling" overrules that? Don't get me wrong, because I am not one of those guys that hides behind numbers and touts stats as being the be-all and end-all of arguments. However, there are times when stats do tell the whole story. Barber didn't just narrowly edge out Portis the last two years, he DESTROYED him. Portis has not been an efficient runner since he left Denver. There have only been one or two games that I've watched Portis and said "wow, he looks unstoppable right now". But when he was in Denver, that's how he looked almost every single game. He was a monster. Tiki, on the other hand, has looked that way in several games. He has been the life blood of that team for two straight years. There is just no way to argue that Portis has been a better back than Barber in recent times, and if he hasn't been better in recent times, then you have to come up with a solid argument as to why it will be different this season. You, nor anyone else with your opinion, has come up with a satisfactory answer to this question. So, imo, the burden of proof lies upon you.

As far as Dallas' line goes, it's obviously too early to tell for sure if they're going to be the worst but I wouldn't hesitate in saying that they are the biggest question mark in the division. What line would you argue has more questions than the Cowboys?
              Much better. They definitely have the most question marks, and I can live with that. However, the Eagles also have three new starters on the interior, and their two Tackles are coming back from season ending injuries, so that is a question laden team as well. But I can deal much easier with being labeled as a "question filled" line as opposed to the "worst" one. There is a lot of potential there for us to be successful, and we do have two Pro Bowl lineman along with probably the most coveted young guard from FA. So there is some pieces that offer promise, along with a young 7th round tackle that Parcells has positively gushed about.

As far as Bledsoe goes, I've just noticed that he can be erratic at times. On one drive he'll look like the best QB in the league orchaestrating a picture perfect drive downfield resulting in 6 points. Then on the next drive he'll look like a rookie who doesn't grasp the playbook. I think he's extremely talented he just seems to lack focus at times. Maybe I'm missing something, but he's obviously made his fair share of mistakes if he threw 17 INTs last season.
              So....Tom Brady threw 14. Does that qualify him for that same moniker? I agree that there have been times when Bledsoe has looked a little shaky. But I strongly disagree with the rap that he has gotten around the league and specifically on this forum. I would take him right now before all but about 8 or 9 QBs in this league; guys that get much more respect than Bledsoe. I also disagree with your characterization. Every QB in the league struggles at times. Even Peyton. Even Brady. But Bledsoe, at least last year, has never looked as bad as you just described him. Every once in a great while he will "go off the reservation" , as Parcells describes it, but his game is very refined. Another thing is that he has had to work behind a really bad offensive line for the last 4 consecutive years. Something that is particularly problematic for him, though every QB would struggle with it.
              In terms of the Portis Vs. Barber debate, it's not a "gut feeling" I'm going on. It's simply who I think is the better overall back. I've watched them both quite a bit and I think Portis is the better runner. He's tough as nails and is an absolute workhorse who can pound the ball while also having the speed and moves to take it the distance on any play. Barber is good too and I like his vision but I don't think he's as good as Portis overall.

As far as Bledsoe goes, I've just noticed a lot of inconsistency in him. I think it's mostly because his highest level of play is up there with the best in the league but his basement is pretty terrible.
              But Barber puts up better numbers despite Portis having the better line.
              Originally posted by Paul
              Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
              Originally posted by Vikes99ej
              These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
              MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Because Tiki was in a system that played to his stength while Portis wasn't.

That is correct comahan
                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151
                  They actually run very similar running plays. It is the passing game that differs between the two teams.

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151
                    So you think Portis is better than Tiki?
                    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

However, the Eagles also have three new starters on the interior, and their two Tackles are coming back from season ending injuries, so that is a question laden team as well.
                      It's pretty much the same thing, but you just meesed up on a couple small counts.

The Eagles have 2 new starters on the interior, Herremans and Jackson.

Runyan didnt have a season ending injury. Herremans did, and he played tackle after Tra so it's somewhat the same.

Tra Thomas probably would have been able to play last year but they were precautionary, same thing with Westbrook.
                      The third guy I was referring to is Shawn Andrews. I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that he was not a full time starter last year, and that he only was the regular in the second half. If I'm mistaken, then oh well, but my original point was that there are questions in the interior for them, and having a young guy that hasn't necessarily proven himself yet is a question. He may end up being a star, but he still isn't a proven commodity yet. That's all I was saying.
                      Originally posted by 21ST
                      He was protecting his self
                      Originally posted by tjsunstein
                      From what? His leg?
                      Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                      That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                      "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Andrews has been #1 on the depth chart at RG since he was drafted. He was awesome in his rookie preseason and the first half of the Giants game before he broke his leg. He completely dominated Norman Hand, who wasnt washed up at the time.

Andrews was a Pro Bowl alternate last year. Rex Ryan said he's the best guard in the NFL. I dont agree with that yet, but he's pretty proven IMO.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

Andrews has been #1 on the depth chart at RG since he was drafted. He was awesome in his rookie preseason and the first half of the Giants game before he broke his leg. He completely dominated Norman Hand, who wasnt washed up at the time.

Andrews was a Pro Bowl alternate last year. Rex Ryan said he's the best guard in the NFL. I dont agree with that yet, but he's pretty proven IMO.
                          Ever since that game I have been in love with Andrews. His initial punch is just as good AS ANY GUARD IN THE NFL. Not the greatest pass protector in the world and he will struggle to get to the second level sometimes, but he still ranks in the top 10 guards in my book.
                          MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Shawn Andrews is poised to have a career year, mark it down. He is just as good as Snee, and I consider Snee a top 5 guard in the league.

And to answer your counterpoint DMW, I completely understand your point of view on WR set, just hear me out. There is no doubt that TO>>>Plax and Glenn>>>Toomer, but when we talk about WRs, a great WR set has solid potential out of 3 to 4 guys. Outside of TO and Glenn, there isn't any established slot or 4th WR for Dallas. Crayton has been playing great, but even at his best he is not better than Carter. NY's 4 WR set is Plax, Toomer, Sinorice, and Carter. I understand Sinorice hasn't played a down yet, but you pretty much know what youre gonna get out of him, he's a deepball/screen pass slot guy, and Carter seems like he has finally put it all together this year...however I won't project him to be great because I know better with him, he's due for an injury. But either way, Carter/Sinorice as 3 and 4 are much more solid than Crayton and ? that Dallas has. I have confidence that we can run "double wide" man coverage against Dallas's 4 WR set and be successful, because Crayton and ? as the 4 probably won't punish man coverage against Nickel and Dime corners.

However Sinorice and Carter have a lot of potential to beat their respective Man coverages. Thats where I give the edge to NYG. Yes, your starting 2 are better than our starting 2, but its not like our starting 2 is trash. Couple that with the fact that we have better depth at 3 and 4, NY having the best WR set is feasable. But making a case for Dallas is equally feasable. Its another pick your flavor if you think about it. Its like the TE debate reversed, this time you have more star power whereas we will probably have more depth at a comparable level of play.

Comment

Even if you disagree with BBD, you've gotta respect the time and thought he puts into his analysis...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Alright I will give my positional rankings for the NFC East

---QB
                                1-Eagles
                                2a-Giants
                                2b-Cowboys
                                4-Redskins

---RB

1-Giants
                                2-Redskins
                                3-Cowboys
                                4-Eagles

---WR

1-Cowboys
                                2a-Redskins
                                2b-Giants
                                4-Eagles

---TE

1-Giants
                                2-Cowboys
                                3-Redkins
                                4-Eagles

---OL

1-Redskins
                                2-Giants
                                3-Eagles
                                4-Cowboys

---DE

1-Giants
                                2-Eagles
                                3-Redskins
                                4-Cowboys

---DT/NT

1-Redskins
                                2-Eagles
                                3-Cowboys
                                4-Giants

---OLB

1-Cowboys
                                2-Giants
                                3-Redskins
                                4-Eagles

---MLB/ILB

1-Giants
                                2-Cowboys
                                3-Eagles
                                4-Redskins

---CB

1-Eagles
                                2-Cowboys
                                3-Redskins
                                4-Giants

---S

1-Redskins
                                2-Giants
                                3-Eagles
                                4-Cowboys

---K

1-Eagles
                                2a-Giants
                                2b-Redskins
                                4-Cowboys

---P

1-Giants
                                2-Cowboys
                                3-Redskins
                                4-Eagles

---Return Game

1-Eagles
                                2-Giants
                                3-Cowboys
                                4-Redskins
                                MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information