Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which NFC east has the BEST offensive unit as a whole?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jughead10
    Originally posted by draftguru151
    Because Tiki was in a system that played to his stength while Portis wasn't.
    They actually run very similar running plays. It is the passing game that differs between the two teams.
    I was told that the giants use a cutback running game by one of you giants fans on here. If that is true there running plays are nothing alike.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylor21
      Originally posted by draftguru151
      Because Tiki was in a system that played to his stength while Portis wasn't.
      They actually run very similar running plays. It is the passing game that differs between the two teams.
      I was told that the giants use a cutback running game by one of you giants fans on here. If that is true there running plays are nothing alike.
      A lot of plays are not designed for the cutback, but Tiki just has a knack for knowing where the defense will be and where they will not be.
      Originally posted by Paul
      Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
      Originally posted by Vikes99ej
      These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
      MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

#10: You have to give more credit to the Eagles O-Line and Safeties. I really think you missed on those rankings, especially with the Safeties. Dawkins and Lewis are arguably the best safety group in the league, and I think they're the best overall in the division. As for O-Line, I would argue they're in a second place tie with the Giants, but that's more a matter of opinion.

With regards to TE's, I think it goes Dallas with Witten, the Washington with Cooley, then Shockey and the Giants. You have to look at overall blocking as well as receiving. Witten is the most complete TE in the division, so I think Dallas is #1.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358
          #10: You have to give more credit to the Eagles O-Line and Safeties. I really think you missed on those rankings, especially with the Safeties. Dawkins and Lewis are arguably the best safety group in the league, and I think they're the best overall in the division. As for O-Line, I would argue they're in a second place tie with the Giants, but that's more a matter of opinion.

With regards to TE's, I think it goes Dallas with Witten, the Washington with Cooley, then Shockey and the Giants. You have to look at overall blocking as well as receiving. Witten is the most complete TE in the division, so I think Dallas is #1.
          I gotta agree with this. The Eagles have the best safety tandem in our division and maybe in the NFC altogether. The O-line probably is a push. He might just rate the Giants better because he is used to seeing Strahan own Runyan. However Runyan is very good in his own right, when not matched up against Strahan.

As far as TE I still have to go with Shockey. Witten is the better blocker but I think everyone is severely underrating Shockey's blocking ability. He isn't the greatest but he is not nearly as bad as everyone thinks. Shockey is such an atheltic freak and great receiver that I think sometimes people just assume he isn't a good blocker when that really isn't the case. Especially not anymore. If we are talking about his rookie season 4 years ago then that is a different story. Coughlin has definately made him a better blocker where Fassel used to just let him do whatever he wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10
            ---OL
            1-Redskins
            2-Giants
            3-Eagles
            4-Cowboys

---MLB/ILB
            1-Giants
            2-Cowboys
            3-Eagles
            4-Redskins

---S
            1-Redskins
            2-Giants
            3-Eagles
            4-Cowboys

---P
            1-Giants
            2-Cowboys
            3-Redskins
            4-Eagles

---Return Game
            1-Eagles
            2-Giants
            3-Cowboys
            4-Redskins
            I agree with everything you did except these.

For OL, I'd put Giants and Eagles 2a and 2b. I think the Eagles starters are better than or have the potential to be better than the Giants line, except all the guys on the Giants are proven to be good.

I'd put the Eagles at 2 or 2a and 2b with the Cowboys MLBs. Bradie James is good but Akin Ayodele is horrible overrated IMO. Trotter is great at stopping the run, and although he isnt a good pass defender, he's taken out in nickel and dime anyways so it doesnt matter as much as it should. Gaither is a real good backup.

I'd put the Eagles as the best safeties in the division, or atleast tied. Adam Archuleta is horribly overrated. He's a watered down version of Michael Lewis, with a bit more playmaking ability. Archuleta is even worse in coverage than Lewis. For the Giants' safeties, Gibril Wilson is real good but I dont understand the hype of Will Demps. He was never that good in Baltimore.

Dirk Johnson is worlds better than Derrick Frost, and Johnson has never been 100% healthy as an Eagle. The stats dont really show it though. Frost has a career 40.2 yard average, with 36 yard net. Dirk has a career 41.2 yard average with a 36.4 net. Frost's average in the preseason is 40.7, and Dirk's is 43.1 yards. Dirk is looking real good.

I dont think the Eagles deserve the #1 return game. If Westbrook was there, than yes but he doesnt return anymore. Bruce Perry is/was the KR but will be cut. JR Reed was a great returner in his rookie year before he tore his perenneal nerve and doesnt seem to have the same explosiveness. Bloom looked good with something like 3 returns, but he's injured and is likely on IR to stash him away for the seasno. Reno is a good PR because he's really sure handed, but has no explosiveness whatsoever even though he led the league in yards per return last year.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358

Safeties---

The Eagles could very well end up being the best in the division, but here is how I approached it. Dawkins vs. Taylor=Taylor wins. Taylor is one of the most supreme freaks in the NFL and his mental side of coverage really came on towards the end of last year. Lewis vs. Archuletta= Tie. I have never liked Lewis and other than his ability to play well in the box, I think he does not have as much to offer as Arch does. Arch is overrated by many of the 'Skins fans on this board because I am very unimpressed with his coverage skills as well. However, he will thrive in the Williams system with his ability to play the the run and blitz, two things Williams loves in his strong safety scheme. If anything, you could call it a tie overall but because I think Taylor is better than Dawkins, I have to give the edge to the 'Skins.

Offensive line....I am interested to see how their OTs play. Plus Andrews, although I really like him, needs to prove that his weaknesses have decreased. The Giants have two guards that have pro bowl aspirations along with a RT that could be considered the best run blocking OT in the division. They have massive depth all over the place and that was the thing that gave them the edge in my book.

And Cooley over Shockey? No way. I can see the Witten over Shockey debate but that has been argued many times over and it always comes down to a draw.
              Originally posted by Paul
              Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
              Originally posted by Vikes99ej
              These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
              MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

So Vanderjagt is not better than Feely, Akers and Hall?

I know tha Vanderjagt is a jerk and missed that FG againts Pittsburgh, but he's still one of the best kickers in the league. Feely was very inconsistent in Atlanta and he had a good season last year, that's all.. John Hall is nothing special.. The only one who can be better than Vanderjagt is Akers.. But no way the cowboys have the worst kicker in the division..not anymore..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

Originally posted by Modano

I know tha Vanderjagt is a jerk and missed that FG againts Pittsburgh, but he's still one of the best kickers in the league. Feely was very inconsistent in Atlanta and he had a good season last year, that's all.. John Hall is nothing special.. The only one who can be better than Vanderjagt is Akers.. But no way the cowboys have the worst kicker in the division..not anymore..
                  I thought Vanderjagt might not even make the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Modano

I thought Vanderjagt might not even make the team.
                    I don't.

Vanderjagt will get all the Cowboys field goals this year, unless a meteor strikes him or he really hurts the groin trying to rush his rehab
                    This is a pretty good point from the Boys Blog..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Anyone who says the Eagles don't have the best safety tandem in the entire league should not be here. I have to say that DAwkins is better than Taylor because IMO, Dawkins has the nuances of playing FS down pat, while Taylor relys more on his athleticm... Michael LEwis is an abosolute best, he can play in coverage and he hits like a tank...The eagles have the best safety tandem in the League...
                      Gamertag: OnABoat16 (Games: NCAA 10, NHL 10, Tiger Woods 10)

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
                      Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
                      Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
                      A fan of the USF Bulls

Comment

• HERE'S MY TAKE ON YOUR RANKINGS

Originally posted by Number 10
                        Alright I will give my positional rankings for the NFC East

---QB
                        1-Eagles
                        2a-Giants
                        2b-Cowboys
                        4-Redskins
                        I would just have Giants 2 alone, Eli over Bledsoe and Romo anyday, although behind Eli there isn't any depth at all.
                        ---RB

1-Giants
                        2-Redskins
                        3-Cowboys
                        4-Eagles
                        Tiki Barber, Brandon Jacobs, Jim Finn. Clinton Portis, T.J. Duckett, Ladell Betts, Mike Sellers, skins take RB for sure.
                        ---WR

1-Cowboys
                        2a-Redskins
                        2b-Giants
                        4-Eagles
                        Pretty much agree here, although without TO Cowboys drop bellow the Skins and Giants. Actually even with TO I would have a 3 way tie with the Skins and Giants having a slight edge over the boys because even with TO you know something during the season is gonna happen.
                        ---TE

1-Giants
                        2-Cowboys
                        3-Redkins
                        4-Eagles
                        My personal opinion I would have Witten over Shockey but I'm ok with these ratings.
                        ---OL

1-Redskins
                        2-Giants
                        3-Eagles
                        4-Cowboys
                        Giants O-Line shouldn't be #2.
                        ---DE

1-Giants
                        2-Eagles
                        3-Redskins
                        4-Cowboys
                        Obvious Giants have top DE' with 4 studs.
                        ---DT/NT

1-Redskins
                        2-Eagles
                        3-Cowboys
                        4-Giants
                        Happy to see someone like the interior tandem of pro bowl caliber Cornelius Griffin and Salavea, although Eagles would be my #1.
                        ---OLB

1-Cowboys
                        2-Giants
                        3-Redskins
                        4-Eagles
                        Yeah, but LaVar is probably gonna suck although Antonio Pierce is the man, but Marcus Washington and Rocky Mcintosh are nothing to sleep on.
                        ---MLB/ILB

1-Giants
                        2-Cowboys
                        3-Eagles
                        4-Redskins
                        Eagles should be #1 Trotter is better than Pierce.
                        ---CB

1-Eagles
                        2-Cowboys
                        3-Redskins
                        4-Giants
                        I agree with these rankings.
                        ---S

1-Redskins
                        2-Giants
                        3-Eagles
                        4-Cowboys
                        Safety Rankings are way off, Giants are in last place in terms of safeties. Skins and Eagles 1a and 1B, Cowboys next with Roy Williams, and Giants #2, Cmon. For everyone who says Adam Archuleta sucks in coverage Will Demps is horrible in coverage, he's nice on the run but with Baltimore he was getting burned deep all day, he always left Rolle and Reed on an island alone.
                        ---K

1-Eagles
                        2a-Giants
                        2b-Redskins
                        4-Cowboys
                        I would have Vanderjagt over John Hall anyday, please skins sign a new kicker!
                        ---P

1-Giants
                        2-Cowboys
                        3-Redskins
                        4-Eagles
                        Derrick Frost is crap, I hate him so I will gladly accept the skins being 4th.
                        ---Return Game

1-Eagles
                        2-Giants
                        3-Cowboys
                        4-Redskins
                        This is how the rankings should really go for return game:
                        1)Redskins
                        2)Cowboys
                        3)Eagles
                        4)Giants:Chad Morton is horrible now

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Not to be an ass or anything, but the topic of the thread is the best OFFENSE in the division. We have already had a huge thread devoted to these different defensive arguments, most of which ended up playing out the same way that this thread has started to turn in the last page or so. Is it just me, or isn't this what we have mods for?
                          Originally posted by 21ST
                          He was protecting his self
                          Originally posted by tjsunstein
                          From what? His leg?
                          Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                          That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                          "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                            Not to be an ass or anything, but the topic of the thread is the best OFFENSE in the division. We have already had a huge thread devoted to these different defensive arguments, most of which ended up playing out the same way that this thread has started to turn in the last page or so. Is it just me, or isn't this what we have mods for?
                            :? A thread doesn't need to be locked if the subject is changed.

That is correct comahan
                            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                            <3 dg

Comment

• The Giants have the best offensive unit. The most balanced. Eli still has a way to go before he equals his big brother or Big Ben.

Washington had trouble scoring last season. Philadelphia is very one dimentional on offense. Dallas has Drew Bledsoe, enough said.

Comment

• Originally posted by eacantdraft
                                The Giants have the best offensive unit. The most balanced. Eli still has a way to go before he equals his big brother or Big Ben.

Washington had trouble scoring last season. Philadelphia is very one dimentional on offense. Dallas has Drew Bledsoe, enough said.
                                What does that even mean?

As for Eli, his accuracy has not improved according to TC stories and watching him in Preseason, I think he is going to be exposed this year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information