• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChargerCohen View Post
    Yes
    That's pretty lame.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen View Post
      Yes.

BTW is anyone really going to be surprised if AJ Smith pulls off a first for a backup RB?
      Yes, I would be because RB's are usually not usually highly regarded for trades. Starting RB's in the past have not come close to getting first round picks. I'm not saying its not gonna happen but it would show how good a GM A.J Smith is if he manages to get a first for what has been a backup in the leage so far at a position that is not highly regarded.

Comment

I think Tennesse is the more likely team to make the deal, the swap of the 19th for the 30, and possibly swapping the 3rd rounders would sound like a more viable option. Either way, i'm sad to see Burner leave because he will be a solid starter, good for him.

By trading up into the top 20 or top 15... are the chargers looking for WR (Ginn or Meachem), S (Nelson or Griffin), or LB (Posluzny or Willis)?
        Last edited by BoltsOnTheBeach; 04-04-2007, 05:27 AM.

Comment

At 19 they'd probably be looking at a WR - I have a strong feeling 1st round defense is going to be raided of all but Griffin, Pos and maybe one CB out of Hall, Revis and Houston by #19 - it's a pretty bad spot honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by OzTitan View Post
            At 19 they'd probably be looking at a WR - I have a strong feeling 1st round defense is going to be raided of all but Griffin, Pos and maybe one CB out of Hall, Revis and Houston by #19 - it's a pretty bad spot honestly.
            But how easy does it make it to jump ahead of the Jaguars for Nelson?

Comment

Not sure, that's why I think the Chargers would obviously want to deal with the Bills more if it involves swapping 1st's.

Comment

Originally posted by OzTitan View Post
                I think they would want Griffin in that spot, assuming Nelson isn't available. The only first round WR's the Chargers would want, IMO, is Meachem or Ginn, as they are the speedy reciever the Chargers need to complement their big guys. Granted they would probably/maybe still be on the board at 19, but I think they see a much bigger possibility of getting a speed WR in the second or third round than getting a safety, although that is another position that is still deep.

Comment

I think 19 is a real rough spot for the Chargers to move into. We could get a nice receiver at 30 if that's what we wanted, but I think who we covet might be Reggie Nelson. If we could get that 12 from the Bills it would be HUGE.

Comment

I'm hoping the Bills can pull of something like a 3rd this year (preferably the one that we acquired from the Ravens) and then a conditional 2nd next year which can escalate into a 1st, depending on how Turner plays.

However, I would also do a 12 and 30 swap. We could possibly get Timmons or Beason at 30 to satisfy our LB needs. Also, some good CB's and WR's could also be available. I really wouldn't mind a swap.

Comment

Originally posted by DChess View Post
                      neither, he's a UFA next year, and both teams cant stand to lose both a first and third rounder.
                      I thought he only cost a 2nd rounder?And, I'd love to see him as a titan
                      ________
                      VOLCANO SOLID VALVE OR EASY VALVE
                      Last edited by OSUGiants17; 05-10-2011, 07:35 PM.

SPLOOSH

Comment

Originally posted by DChess View Post
                        neither, he's a UFA next year, and both teams cant stand to lose both a first and third rounder.
                        Haha, yeah right. He's going to be traded. The Chargers can't afford to pay him $2.5 mill this year and AJ Smith loves young talent and draft picks. Obviously next year they will get nothing for him.

Comment

I think that if the Bills want Turner, they will get him. In the short time that Levy has been here, he "reached" for Whitner at #8, traded back into the 1st for McCargo (considered to be a 2nd-3rd rounder by some) and gave big contracts to free agents Derrick Dockery, Langston Walker and Chris Kelsay, not letting them go anywhere else.

If Levy falls in love with Turner, who is reportedly a smart, high character guy (35 or something on the Wonderlic), I think that he would give up a 1st and a 3rd in some way to get him. Whether this is a 12 and 30 swap or some future picks I don't know. However, I can guarantee you that he won't give the 12th pick overall and our 3rd straight up for him.

Comment

http://wgr550.com/bills/fullstory.php?id=2296

Turner To Visit Bills Wednesday
                            WGR Newsroom - Wednesday, April 4, 2007 - 11:34 AM

WGR550- Chargers Running Back Michael Turner will pay a visit to One Bills Drive today.
                            Turner is a potential trade option for Buffalo. He is a quality back-up Running Back sitting behind MVP LaDainian Tomlinson on the depth chart.

Turner rushed for 502 yards and 2 touchdowns in 2006. He had a 6.3 yards per carry average. Turner also returned kicks for the Chargers last season averaging 26.5 yards per return.

The Bills #1 Running Back is currently Anthony Thomas. There are reports that the Tennessee Titans are also interested in acquiring Turner.

Stay tuned to WGR550 for the latest.
                            Confirmation that Turner actually is in Buffalo today, as some believed that it was not true.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

Confirmation that Turner actually is in Buffalo today, as some believed that it was not true.
                              http://www.buffalonews.com/111/story/46650.html

Turner Visit Postponed.

Comment

id rather be a titan, more winning/success potential

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information