Alex Smith the QB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ninerfan
    Smith seems to have the work ethic, dedication, team mentality to survive but this team stinks on both sides of the ball. He's going to have another tough year and will probably have a tough time next year too. Maybe David Carr might be the best example. For him to survive I dont think they can soley rebuild thru the draft they need to go after key FA when they are available. Is Branch a possibility ?
    I pretty much agree with everything you said. The kid has the tools, as well as the mind to succeed, but it's gonna take time, and a gm to surround him with talent before he's able to showcase a lot of what they saw in him when they drafted him.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

jury still out, way too early to tell give him another year or 2...

Comment

Too early to tell. He's got a better chance with Norv Turner as his coach. Norv's a lousy head coach, but he's a good OC and an even better QB coach.

Comment

Too early to tell right now. Give him a year or two more and ask this question again.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Jensen
            Too early to tell right now. Give him a year or two more and ask this question again.
            I agree, the QB position is the hardest to judge because it usually takes a player a couple years before you can tell if he's going to be good or bad.

Peyton Manning wasn't good his rookie year, and look where he ended up. It just takes time for a QB to develop because it's a totally different game in the NFL. Faster, new defensive looks, more athletic, quicker decisions, better accuracy, etc...

I think Alex with be a very good QB, he was dynamite against our first team defense in their first preseason game. But it'll take some time.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

No. He is still young, and like everyone has said, he needs some weapons around him. Vernon Davis is a start.

At least Smith's got a good head on his shoulders, unlike Ryan Leaf.

Xbox Live Gamertag: DocSteel92
              Rest in peace, Randy Pausch.

Comment

Originally posted by Steelers4Life
                No. He is still young, and like everyone has said, he needs some weapons around him. Vernon Davis is a start.

At least Smith's got a good head on his shoulders, unlike Ryan Leaf.
                Amen to that...Or Cade McNown....

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

So far Alex Smith has looked pretty good in the pre-season. The only thing holding him back is the learning curve from Shotgun offense to NFL offense is substantial.

Comment

iam not sure you can even mention a 21 year old Quarterback being a bust.

Comment

i think he'll become a good solid starter but nothing spectacular.

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information