Who is the Greatest SB Team Ever?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by njx9
    and they were, but it feels like we were pretty much unchallenged all season. i mean, name 2 weaker super bowl teams than the 98 falcons (as a quick example)? elway, at that point, had completely faded and was essentially living on being a game manager and the other team's respect for him. meh.

i'm also not sold on buffalo. they were a good team, but they had very little competition of note in the AFC (compared to the NFC). it's also interesting to me that one of the potential best super bowl teams won on a missed field goal. like i said above, and as much as i respect bsaza's opinion that i didn't quote, i just don't buy that the bills were that great a team, so it's hard for me to accept that the giants team that took the field (in which simms and hampton aren't really relevant) was one of the best ever.

Its not. I put them under honorable mention for the teams I liked in the past 20 or so years. I think in the past 20 or so years, they deserve mention. But for best ever, no. It just urks me a little when Buffalo fans feel that they were without question the better team. Yes, you had more talent on the field, but we had the better coaching staff, and had we been at full strength, wouldve won by more than 1 point. Our RB was like 40 and ran probably a 5.3 40 time that year. If we were that bad, stop the run. Stop the 40 year old RB. Thats all you had to do to beat us. But they couldnt.

The Broncos didn't need Elway to be great. The way they ran the ball that year, he didnt have to be. That was when Shannahan's ZBS scheme was at its peak. No one could stop it.

That WR core was no joke either. Rod Woodson, Shannon Sharpe, and a guy i like to call "the little engine that could" was a solid trio.

That SB wouldve been alot more exciting had Minny made it. But the curse of Denny Green had to rear its ugly head.

I still think Denver wouldve beat them though.

Comment

Some Weak SB Losing Teams in recent memory:

1998 Falcons
      1995 Chargers
      1980 Eagles
      1991 Broncos

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
        Some Weak SB Losing Teams in recent memory:

1998 Falcons
        1995 Chargers
        1980 Eagles
        1991 Broncos
        2000 Giants

*sniff* Its hard to admit it, but its true.

I think the Skins played the Bills in 91. And the Chargers were in 94? I think the Steelers were 95.

Comment

i can not help that i like to brag on the Steelers'. i found a couple of web pages and thought that it would be a thread that would get people to talking......sorry i bleed black and gold....no, i am not sorry. i am proud of the Steelers'! i thought that you guys liked to talk about topics like this.

Matthew 19:26
          Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

Comment

My mistake on the years. Thanks, BBD.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by steel man View Post
              i can not help that i like to brag on the Steelers'. i found a couple of web pages and thought that it would be a thread that would get people to talking......sorry i bleed black and gold....no, i am not sorry. i am proud of the Steelers'! i thought that you guys liked to talk about topics like this.
              We do. Just dont lace it with blind homerism. I agree with you that the 78 team was the best, but come on. You made like 3 threads in a row about "the steelers are the best zomg!!". Take a more neutral approach to it.

Comment

Steel Man, this is not a Steelers forum. This is a football forum. It is not wise to come in here and be completely biased and not back up your arguments with actual analysis. You are trying to build your rep here, so come in and discuss. Starting a bunch of different threads and not sticking around to help them grow into discussions is irresponsible.

Comment

Terry Bradshaw vs. Hulk Hogan circa 1985 in a Steel Cage Death Match...

Bradshaw would KILL Hogan...

ha.

Comment

Terry Bradshaw vs. Hulk Hogan circa 1985 in a Steel Cage Death Match...

Bradshaw would KILL Hogan...

ha.
                    Terry Bradshaw IS Hulk Hogan. He'd play football, then put Macho Man in a head lock. Zomg the Steelers are like the most versatile team evarrr!!!

Comment

Steel Man, this is not a Steelers forum. This is a football forum. It is not wise to come in here and be completely biased and not back up your arguments with actual analysis. You are trying to build your rep here, so come in and discuss. Starting a bunch of different threads and not sticking around to help them grow into discussions is irresponsible.
                      1st off i did back up my thread, i had a link to the web page that i ran across that gave me the ideal to post this topic and where they said the '78' Steelers' are the best.
                      2nd i am at work and i try to come back as often as i can(i think that is being responsible), or i may start a thread before i leave to come to work or before i go to bed and then can not revisit until hours later.

i admit i can not say anything bad about the Steelers', but it does not mean that what i do say is not true or not valuable.

Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

Comment

p.s. on the thread that i started about the "greatest draft ever" was the same deal, i ran across a web page and it had the '74' Steelers as having the greatest draft ever and i thought you guys would like to see that and that it would spark discussion.
                        if you want to read it here it is
                        http://www.drafthistory.com/index.ph...try/article15/

Comment

1st off i did back up my thread, i had a link to the web page that i ran across that gave me the ideal to post this topic and where they said the '78' Steelers' are the best.
                          2nd i am at work and i try to come back as often as i can(i think that is being responsible), or i may start a thread before i leave to come to work or before i go to bed and then can not revisit until hours later.

i admit i can not say anything bad about the Steelers', but it does not mean that what i do say is not true or not valuable.
                          Posting a link to start an opinion discussion is generally not a good place to start. That is just my opinion. In the real world, nothing is black and white. I am an Eagles fan, and I am prone to criticize my team. It is part of being a fan. You have to put aside your fandom in a lot of cases to participate in the discussion.

In this case, most people agree with you. However, your starting the topic explicitly to brag about your favorite team is not favorable to the forum. I appreciate your efforts, but there are ways of going about this that are better for all involved.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                            bradshaw vs. shatner, 1970-whatever. i'd pay a lot of money to see that cage match.
                            Shatner would confuse Bradshaw with his wordplay, then while Bradshaw stood there thinking hard, Shatner would hit him with a liver shot.

Comment

p.s. on the thread that i started about the "greatest draft ever" was the same deal, i ran across a web page and it had the '74' Steelers as having the greatest draft ever and i thought you guys would like to see that and that it would spark discussion.
                              if you want to read it here it is
                              http://www.drafthistory.com/index.ph...try/article15/
                              I have read about that draft, and it was absolutely incredible. Directly responsible for the Steelers' dominance, particularly in 1978.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                                Shatner would confuse Bradshaw with his wordplay, then while Bradshaw stood there thinking hard, Shatner would hit him with a liver shot.
                                I.. am going. to kick. you... inthenuts...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information