Who is the Greatest SB Team Ever?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like I could vote for anyone else.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post

I thought you hate the Fridge?

Comment

Best ever?

Hard to top 1972 dolphins (yes homer to say) 1st offense, 1st defense, undefeated even with their backup QB half of the year.

1978 steelers or the 1972 dolphins are most often considered the two.

Comment

Dont look now but I think Marino just completed another TD on them again :)

What I remember most at that super bowl team though seriously was not letting Walter Peyton score a TD in the Super bowl.

Little Twit Ditka
          Last edited by Finsfan79; 04-04-2007, 11:21 AM.

Comment

2006 Colts are the first team in NFL history to go 9-0 in consecutive seasons. Their back-to-back wins at Denver and at New England made NFL history. The team was 2 last-second game-winning FGs away, one of which was 60 yards at Tennessee, from having the best record in all of football - yes, better than everyone's darling San Diego Chargers. Their defense was dominant in the playoffs, when it mattered.

Shame on you, people.

:p

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
            It has to be the 96 Packers and if we didnt have an IMO overrated HC in Homgren we could have won it in 97.
            Holmgren is one of the best coaches of his era imo.
            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Finsfan79 View Post
              Best ever?

Hard to top 1972 dolphins (yes homer to say) 1st offense, 1st defense, undefeated even with their backup QB half of the year.

1978 steelers or the 1972 dolphins are most often considered the two.
              Not really. You'll hear the '85 Bears and the '89 Niners just as often.

As I recall, the NFL Network/ NFL.com special had those teams #1 and #2 (though the 72 Dolphins might have been in there somewhere).

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                I thought you hate the Fridge?
                Hate is strong. It's not his fault that the media is more concerned with personalities rather than excellent players. I'm more just annoyed that so many people remember him but nobody knows who Wilbur Marshell or Otis Wilson were, outside of Chicago of course.

Comment

njx: name any team that loses its top 3 DTs from the previous season, two of which were the best run-defenders on the team (Corey Simon all season, Montae Reagor after Week 5), and doesn't struggle - especially in run defense. Bob Sanders played as many regular season games as he did post-season games.

Besides, judging by how the defense played in the playoffs, no one should or will eat crow from your argument.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                    Thats true. Im starting to think that the salary cap era should maybe be viewed in a different context relative to the rest of the NFL teams.

I think when we talk about the best team of the salary cap era, its between the 2000 Ravens and 2004 NE Patriots. Both had very good defenses. The only thing is, because of the salary cap era, they had very very average offenses that forces you to take them lightly compared to other teams pre FA era.

But I think when we look back at that 2004 NE team, I don't think people realize how good that defense was.

You had a HOF NT in Ted Washington. Richard Seymour is probably on his way to a HOF career.

McGinnest is a HOFer. Tedy might get in eventually, maybe not. Vrabel will get snubbed. Ty Law should be a HOFer. Harrison will get snubbed but he's damn good too.

That was a damn good defense. It wasn't flashy, but it was damn good. Overlooked almost. Id compare that defense with some of the greats. Compare the overall team? No. But I definately think the defense can hang with some of the historic defenses out there. Not saying its better, but it can hang with them.
                    The '04 Patriots were better, but only because of the addition of Corey Dillon. The '03 team had no real rushing attack, hence why they were a middle of the road offense. That said; the defense on the '03 unit, was much, much, better. Across the board. By the way; Ty Law was technically on the '04 team, but he was hurt for most of the year, including the post-season.
                    Last edited by Shiver; 04-04-2007, 02:44 PM.

Comment

You voted for Gorbachev?

oh shnaps

by BoneKrusher
                      <DG> how metal unseen
                      <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

my god .. if im not mistaken .. only one person mentioned the 72 dolphins

what is going on here?

Comment

That's one person too many.

Comment

Originally posted by Athrun340 View Post
                            my god .. if im not mistaken .. only one person mentioned the 72 dolphins

what is going on here?
                            You're the second dolphins fan to post?

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                              You voted for Gorbachev?

oh shnaps
                              Anyone that has a lifesize replica map of the earth on his head is cool with me.

Comment

85 Bears
                                78 Steelers
                                89? Niners

No pats teams should be mentioned because they wouldn't be able to get within 2 poitns of the top 10 Super bowl teams for Super Adam 12 to kick a game winner for you.
                                Last edited by bored of education; 04-04-2007, 05:39 PM.
                                my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                                <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                                <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                                <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                                Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                                What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information