Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL Live on ESPN top 5 QB's on the hotseat for 2007.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by detroit4life View Post
    exactly...i wouldnt put him on the hot seat becasue even if he underperforms the team just traded away their good back up QB and GVick is sitting on a huge contract while at the same time he still fills out the stadium. I think his seat is very cold mayb luke warm due to the team deserving to do a lot beter than how they're doing but in now way is he on a hot seat
    The only way Vick is on the hot seat is if he really, really struggles in Petrino's offense. Even mediocrity, middle of the road stats as a passer, and his job is safe.

Comment

Jay Cutler isnt really on the hot seat.He could be benched during the season if he plays bad but he will be put back into the starting line up by the end of the year.Denver drafted him to be there future.
      "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Of course Cutler is on the hot seat. They got rid of Plummer - a successful QB who led them to playoffs and they are legit SB contenders now. They have no back up of note so Cutler cant afford to have a bad year or the Bronco's will fail. Their window of opportunity to win the thing is now.

Its not a criticism of Cutler but the Bronco's have alot riding on his year

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

they have patrick ramsey...........
          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

being a jets fan, i think chad pennington is on a "warm" seat- he's got all the tools this year, no more excuses, especially with Kellen Clemens waiting in the wings, I love Chad tho.

^^Sig From Nvot9
            J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
              I don't think Jake Delhomme is that far off. He's not a young pup and if he's not making plays to offset his mistakes, which are many, then it's not unlikely he'll start looking over his shoulder - not at the current moment, of course, because the Panthers have nothing behind Delhomme.

It will be interesting to see if the Panthers' brass take a QB prospect (and when) in the upcoming 07 Draft. Considering both the general manager and the head coach are fighting for their jobs this year, as they should imo, it's probably best if the next regime comes in and selects their own quarterback (Brian Brohm?).
              Yup, that's what I was thinking when I suggested him. They really don't have a rock-solid backup behind them (unless they sign Carr) and with an All-Pro WR in Steve Smith; the expectations are much more raised for him this year. They have been perennial Super Bowl hopefuls but haven't lived up to the billing as of yet. I think this is Delhomme's make or break year.
              Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

How about "Whoever suits up at QB for the Bucs"

Comment

Originally posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
                  I'd give Losman a break. With McGahee gone, he really only has Evans...

They are in a rebuilding stage.
                  The rest of the league sees this as a rebuilding year, but the Bills do not, especially on the offensive side of the ball. Mcgahee may work out well for the Ravens, but he was not productivehere.

I agree with putting Losman on the list. He showed a ton of improvement over last year, so I expect him to play well, but if he plays poorly and the team is 4-8, then there will be a good chance for Nall to take over. Nall was the first guy Levy brought in.

IMO, the definition of hot seat is if the team is 4-8, will the QB still have a starting job.

Comment

1. Rex Grossman

You really can't even ARGUE this. He's a disaster of a QB, and if the Bears had ANY half-decent QB to play the Colts in the Super Bowl, it's feasible they could have won it. IMHO, they would have lost either way, but that's not the subject at hand. Point is, the defense is what carried that team, NOT Rex. They should have traded with the 'Skins and picked Quinn up at #6.

2. Eli Manning

He's not so much in danger of losing his job, but he's in danger of being considered a bottom-half quarterback on a who-cares team. He needs to step up this year and emulate his brother more than Grossman.

3. Donovan McNabb

After 3 injured seasons in 5 years, fans are getting ansy. Not to mention his backup, Garcia, led them to a playoffs and, arguably, did a better job with the team. The fact young AJ Feely is behind him isn't helping the pressure, as I'm sure many fans would like to see full-time the small glimpses of great promise he's shown.

4. Bryon Leftwich

His backup David Garrard plays more than he does, and as of yet he hasn't really lived up to his potential. He's kind of like McNabb, in that even if he is something special, we don't even get to see it among all his injuries, and his talented backup isn't making things better off. Plus, him and his coach don't get along very well...

5. Matt Schaub

This is primarily for the fact he's done nothing, yet is over-hyped beyond belief. The Texans paid WAY too much for a career backup QB, and unless he really shines this initial year, everyone will continue to view Houston as a joke.

Comment

The Bears hate is strong in this one, lol. I've liked Rex since watching him at Florida, I think he's a good quarterback now, thanks to the level of play from the league as a whole, and can be better as he gains experience.

Good mention of Leftwich though, his long-term status with the Jags isn't set in stone right now.
                      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Vick Cutler and McNabb arent going anywhere, thus they are not on the hot seat...

I would say it would be these 5 on the hot seat.

1. Grossman

2. Cullpepper

3. Delhomme

4. Leftwich

5. Lossman

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                          Vick Cutler and McNabb arent going anywhere, thus they are not on the hot seat...

I would say it would be these 5 on the hot seat.

1. Grossman

2. Cullpepper

3. Delhomme

4. Leftwich

5. Lossman
                          Cullpepper probably won't even be ON a seat in the first place, and Lossman was pretty much the one shining star to the Bills' season. He's not on the hot seat this year at all, people in Buffalo are more excited to watch him play than anxious. I agree with the other three, though, definitely.

Comment

From now on I'm immediately giving -rep to anyone who writes his name as Lossman

Comment

Originally posted by ninerfan View Post
                              Of course Cutler is on the hot seat. They got rid of Plummer - a successful QB who led them to playoffs and they are legit SB contenders now. They have no back up of note so Cutler cant afford to have a bad year or the Bronco's will fail. Their window of opportunity to win the thing is now.

Its not a criticism of Cutler but the Bronco's have alot riding on his year
                              I disagree, and it's not because I'm a homer. I think it's a stretch to call Plummer "successful" although it is better than calling him "good". Really, he had one really good year, 2 years ago(or last year, depending on how you wanna look at it), and he still managed to blow the AFC championship. I think most Denver fans are glad to see him not starting, especially after seeing what Jay can do. Really, as long as Jay doesn't take a step back, the offense should be in good shape. And if the defense can generate some sort of pass rush, well, we're kinda star-studded in the back 7, so the defense will be fine. If the O-Line plays well and healthy, the defense doesn't run out of gas in week 10, and we get a pass rush, Denver will make the playoffs and compete for a division title.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                              Originally posted by njx9
                              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                                From now on I'm immediately giving -rep to anyone who writes his name as Lossman
                                Lossman......
                                Last edited by Ace; 04-05-2007, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information