Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL Live on ESPN top 5 QB's on the hotseat for 2007.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mfkrush View Post
    I can see why Michael Vick made the list but why in god's name is Rex Grossman on that list. He single-handedly lead the Bears to the superbowl. He had very little help from the defense [/sarcasm]
    Rex is the gunslinging version of Ben Roethlisberger. Carried to the big game by his D.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
      That's because nobody cares about the Browns, outside of Cleveland of course.
      Good one Dicknose!

Comment

1. Cutler- This makes absolutely no sense

2. Donovan McNabb- semi, but he was playing well before his injury.

3. Rex Grossman- Obviously

4. Michael Vick- Also pretty obvious now that Schaub's gone, a lot of pressure is on him to perform and stay healthy.

5. Eli Manning- Another mediocre season from him might be enough to start some grumbling from Giants fans.

1 and 2 need to be replaced with other players, I would put
        1. Matt Schaub- doesn't have much experience, but is going to a team with a sub-par offensive line, to a city where the fans are tired of qb's not getting it done.
        2. Charlie Frye- if they don't draft a qb to replace him, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Browns get rid of him.

Then the rest of the list is good.

Comment

Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
          1. Cutler- This makes absolutely no sense

2. Donovan McNabb- semi, but he was playing well before his injury.

3. Rex Grossman- Obviously

4. Michael Vick- Also pretty obvious now that Schaub's gone, a lot of pressure is on him to perform and stay healthy.

5. Eli Manning- Another mediocre season from him might be enough to start some grumbling from Giants fans.

1 and 2 need to be replaced with other players, I would put
          1. Matt Schaub- doesn't have much experience, but is going to a team with a sub-par offensive line, to a city where the fans are tired of qb's not getting it done.
          2. Charlie Frye- if they don't draft a qb to replace him, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Browns get rid of him.

Then the rest of the list is good.
          Byron Leftwich is on one of the hottest seats in the NFL as well.

Comment

Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post

Start? I think there is already some of that already. Another mediocre season and the proverbial "seat" will flair white hot. Same with Rex Grossman, same with Michael Vick. I think those three are heads and shoulders above every other QB, in regards to pressure to perform.

Comment

as long as Donovan McNabb is in Philadelphia he wil NEVER be on the hotseat

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08

Comment

Originally posted by Titans10 View Post
                Cutler?

He was statisticaly one of the top quarterbacks in the league over the last 5 games, he came in the middle of a playoff run and preformed, thats just idiotic to say he is on the hot seat
                yea but look who's behind him

I SMELL A QB CONTROVERSY!!!!
                Last edited by gbpackers0065; 04-08-2007, 03:23 PM.

Comment

I agree with everyone else that said Jay Cutler being on the list, let alone #1, is ridiculous. I would think Jon Kitna, Dante Culpepper, Charlie Frye, Steve McNair, Jake Delhomme, JP Losman, and/or a couple others would be much higher on the depth chart...

Comment

Where's Byron?

I'm a big supporter of him. But seriously... it's make or break time for him.

Comment

• Chris SImms should be up there

Comment

• Off the top of my head, the only guys on cooler(or as cool) seats as Cutler are:
                        Peyton
                        Brady
                        VY
                        Carson Palmer
                        Leinart
                        Rivers
                        Ben Roethlisberger
                        Favre
                        Bulger
                        Hasselbeck
                        Brees

Apart from the top guys(Peyton, Brady, Palmer, Brees) the rest are very close together in terms of seat temperature.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                        Originally posted by njx9
                        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• To put Cutler on that list is insane. He played very well in the later part of the season and is the clear future at QB for the Broncos. Besides, who would he be replaced by? Ramsey?

Comment

• Originally posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
                            1. Michael Vick
                            2. Eli Manning
                            3. J.P. Losman
                            4. Trent Green
                            5. Ben Roethlisberger
                            Personally after what has happened in our off season....all J.P has to do is be a little better than he was last year....i am a bills fanatic, and i hate dont liek admiting we'll be bad but......well we will be whether jp performs well or not

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

• Originally posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
                              Personally after what has happened in our off season....all J.P has to do is be a little better than he was last year....i am a bills fanatic, and i hate dont liek admiting we'll be bad but......well we will be whether jp performs well or not
                              When a team is horrible, it all falls on the QB.

Comment

• I disagree with Cutler being there,but if you really sit and think about it you can understand why he is.In Denver,they will always expect to have another Elway.Anyone short of that is seen by alot of them as unacceptable.It will be the same with GB when Favre finally steps down.Its about expectations and living up to history.Is it fair? No,but it happens.
                                ~Its only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything~

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information