Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL Live on ESPN top 5 QB's on the hotseat for 2007.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Live on ESPN top 5 QB's on the hotseat for 2007.

according to NFL Live on ESPN:

1. Jay Cutler of the Broncos

2. Donovan Mcnabb of the Eagles

3. Rex Grossman of the Bears

4. Michael Vick of the Falcons

5. Eli Manning of the Giants.

Everyone makes sense except for Jay Culter. Why would you put a guy who is just entering his second year, had a descent rookie year, started for only 4 or 5 games on this list? Is it because of the pressure of suceeding the legendary Jake Plummer?

I would put Tony Romo on this list in place of Cutler.

I guess throwing multiple td passes in every start wasn't enough.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Originally posted by Emmitt Smith
    Donít quit, donít even quit.

Comment

I don't see why McNabb would be on the hotseat more so than guys like Grossman, Vick and Manning. He has played very well, MVP caliber last year, he's just gotten hurt the last two years. If he gets hurt again this year, then clearly there's a problem, but that seems unlikely to me.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

Originally posted by eacantdraft View Post
        according to NFL Live on ESPN:

1. Jay Cutler of the Broncos

2. Donovan Mcnabb of the Eagles

3. Rex Grossman of the Bears

4. Michael Vick of the Falcons

5. Eli Manning of the Giants.

Everyone makes sense except for Jay Culter. Why would you put a guy who is just entering his second year, had a descent rookie year, started for only 4 or 5 games on this list? Is it because of the pressure of suceeding the legendary Jake Plummer?

I would put Tony Romo on this list in place of Cutler.

Cutler will have a hot seat for the rest of his career but next year...not really maybe luke warm not hot.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
        Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Jay Cutler makes no sense. Especially being number 1. All th eothers make some sense.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

IMO, Favre should be on that list. If he doesnt proform well, I could see Mike switching the qb to better the future for the Packers.

Comment

How did I know that Eli Manning was on the list? I mean come on, once I saw the thread was made by you, and it involved qbs, I knew you just got an absolute hard on once they mentioned Eli's name. You couldnt wait to make this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                IMO, Favre should be on that list. If he doesnt proform well, I could see Mike switching the qb to better the future for the Packers.
                That will never happen as long as Favre can walk on to the field.

Comment

Cutler?

He was statisticaly one of the top quarterbacks in the league over the last 5 games, he came in the middle of a playoff run and preformed, thats just idiotic to say he is on the hot seat
                  Sig by PitBull

All-hail Bulluck

Comment

Everyones Bitching about Charlie Frye not being the future for Cleveland yadda yadda, yet McNabbs or Cutlers job is more in danger than Fryes? Gimme a break.

Comment

Originally posted by PickedOffTwice View Post
                      Everyones Bitching about Charlie Frye not being the future for Cleveland yadda yadda, yet McNabbs or Cutlers job is more in danger than Fryes? Gimme a break.
                      That's because nobody cares about the Browns, outside of Cleveland of course.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Cutler is a BS addition to this list, let alone #1. He is the unquestioned starter, and he showed good progress last season. He is secure in his job, and the Bronocs aren't going to yank him.

McNabb is on the hotseat, though. He is coming back from a serious knee surgery. He hasn't finished 3 of the last 5 seasons due to injuries. He is supposed to be the leader of the team, but he can't stay healthy. He is also 31. It is a huge year for him. If he doesn't come through, the Eagles will have to look QB in the next draft or 2.

Rex Grossman is very apt. Everyone knows the points there. I think he should be #1.

Michael Vick is a good example. He needs to develop, or all of his overrated hype will start to wane. The pressure is also on the new coaching staff.

Eli Manning has a lot of pressure on him because Coughlin's fate hangs in the balance. Without Tiki there, it is 100% his team. He has to take the reigns and win games. I'm not sure that means he should be on the list over other players, but he does have some pressure on him.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I understand why Vick is "in the hotseat" but I'm sure he's not sweating about it too much. He has a fat, long term contract and Schaub is gone. Why worry?

Comment

The NFL has no guaranteed contracts. If he sucks in 2007, the Falcons could easily move to get Brian Brohm to replace him. This is one of his last years to really prove he is worth it. Vick is being paid like an All-Pro QB, but he hasn't really delivered that much.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

culpepper should be up there he most likely will lose his job before the year starts.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information