No announcement yet.

Vikings sign Doss.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good signing by the Vikings, Doss is a very good SS for a Cover 2/Tampa 2 defense. He was probably playing his best ball in 2006, stepping in for the injured Bob Sanders, before suffering his ACL injury (which all reports indicate he's recovering well from).

I'm surprised he didn't get more interest on the open market. I'm guessing teams wanted to see him fully recovered first, which is why he agreed to a one-year deal. I know Philly wanted him a great deal though.
    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

With the signing of Doss maybe team will move Smith to the nickle where I think he's a little better suited. I'm not a big fan of this move becuause it does make it a bit less likely that Landry will be the pick at 7, though it is only a 1 year deal and both Doss and Tank are coming off season ending injuries.

Comment

I think that takes away the possibility of Lanry going at 7

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Decent signing, especially if Smith's on his way out.
          Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

As a vikings fan i'm happy with the signing... I mean 1mil is a fantastic deal. Doss knows the system and coordinator (from Indy), and provides great depth to an already deep position. Sharper looked a step or two slower, Smith looked great when he was on the field, and Tank was solid (when healthy). It basically boils down to whos gonna step up in training camp will be the starter, then when they get injured the others can step in.

I can see Sharper starting as FS and Williams at SS. Then having Doss come in for Sharper on short yardage downs, and Dwight Smith playing more of a nickel back roll. We've got Winfield, and 2nd year man Griffin at the corner... but beyond that our corners are pretty weak.. so Dwight Smith could definitely see alot of playing time if he's williing to play that roll

Comment

I can now only hope...

Comment

Welcome to Atlanta LaRon Landry.

Comment

I'm hoping they cut Smith... I'd love to have him back on the Bucs

Comment

With this signing, I am now really hoping we cut Sharper. Dwight Smith at this stage is not only playing better, but he is making less and his quite a bit younger. Also, I really like this signing, only because we are not paying him much at all. If all else fails, he can go in there and knock some heads on special teams, which at his price, ain't too bad.
                    SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

Well, hes from tOSU so that makes him good =P

Good signing for a cheap deal

Comment

this Signing definatly makes LaRon Landry much less likely to happen but i guess i could still see us taking landry just because sharper is getting old and is probably on his way out within the next year, and Tank Williams & Mike Doss both only have 1 year deals and are both coming off injuries

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information