No announcement yet.

Best DE duo in the league

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to say the trio of Alex Brown, Ogunleye, and Mark Anderson is the best in the league. Two or three years ago, I would have said Rucker and Peppers without a doubt.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

homer: suggs pryce, both are good at pass rush and run defense & also switch between a 3-4 and a 4-3

Non-homer: giants, kiwi/Cheif Osi/Strahan

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Hmm...lemme come back to this thread. Im busy right now. But I don't want to give a half ass response.

Ill respond with a legit response later.

Comment

Giants, duh.

Comment

The question: Who has the best DE quadruple in the league?

Yay the Giants win at something!

Comment

Anyone want to compete with the Bucs for the worst DE duo in the league?

We have Simeon Rice (old and now injury-prone) & Greg Spires (completely ineffective). There is virtually no depth behind them either....

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by BengalsPwn View Post
                Its Julius Peppers and whoever is opposite him.
                Peppers got shut down by a rookie 7th round draft pick last year...

Comment

Peppers and Rucker is top on my list

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Dwight Freeney/Robert Mathis of the Colts. Dwight Freeney, 'nuff said, but in regards to Mathis, he's actually led the team in sacks OVER Freeney in multiple years.

Maybe it's just because I'm a Colts fan, but I don't see how any other tandem could be considered over these two, when both are Pro Bowl calibur players.

Comment

giants duo is very good, also panthers and saints

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                      @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by frisby213 View Post
                        Dwight Freeney/Robert Mathis of the Colts. Dwight Freeney, 'nuff said, but in regards to Mathis, he's actually led the team in sacks OVER Freeney in multiple years.

Maybe it's just because I'm a Colts fan, but I don't see how any other tandem could be considered over these two, when both are Pro Bowl calibur players.
                        Freeney is strictly a pass rusher whereas Will Smith and Charles Grant play the run/pass equally as well. Not saying their the best but you get the point i'm trying to make.

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                          Anyone want to compete with the Bucs for the worst DE duo in the league?

We have Simeon Rice (old and now injury-prone) & Greg Spires (completely ineffective). There is virtually no depth behind them either....
                          Vikings are pretty bad. Browns as well (although Roye and Smith are serviceable for what they do).

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I am certainly content with the DLine the Pats have put together. Seymour is a beast and can do everything, rush the passer, stop the run AND drop into coverage, Warren had a breakout year last year and might, might have a shot at passing Seymour, if just in a few areas at the least, and Jarvis Green has been outstanding rotating in. Then Wilfork has been everything we expected and more. He learned a lot from Teddy Washington...

Comment

Ok, the obvious answer is the Giants. They have Osi and Strahan (when healthy) which is as formiddable of a duo as any in the NFL. We also have a formiddable rotation with Kiw and Tuck off the bench. This is of course when everyone is healthy.

This past year you didn't see any off them other than Kiwi healthy, which is why you didn't see the production. Osi injured himself in week 1. Our moronic DC wouldnt blitz so they got chipped and doubled all season long etc. I can go on and on.

But lets show some love to some DE duos that dont get enough of it.

1st. Chicago

Oguneye (however you spell it) and Brown is pretty darned good. But what gets them #2 status is Mark Andersen off the bench. What a steal. The guy is gonna be a very good Cover 2 DE in this league. He provides a great spark for them.

2. Baltimore
                              Ive long said that Baltimore has the best dline in the NFL. And the DE duo is an overlooked part of that equation. This past season they had Suggs/Pryce/Thomas in the 4-3. Pryce and Gregg in the 3-4. Not too shabby, not too shabby at all.

3. NO
                              for reasons already said by other posters

For the 3-4, I think that its between NE and SD.

Im gonna give the edge to NE. Warren is better than Igor, and Seymour is better than Castillo. As for pass rushing, I think Castillo has the edge, but Seymour is the better run stuffer and is more versatile.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                                Ok, the obvious answer is the Giants. They have Osi and Strahan (when healthy) which is as formiddable of a duo as any in the NFL. We also have a formiddable rotation with Kiw and Tuck off the bench. This is of course when everyone is healthy.

This past year you didn't see any off them other than Kiwi healthy, which is why you didn't see the production. Osi injured himself in week 1. Our moronic DC wouldnt blitz so they got chipped and doubled all season long etc. I can go on and on.

But lets show some love to some DE duos that dont get enough of it.

1st. Chicago

Oguneye (however you spell it) and Brown is pretty darned good. But what gets them #2 status is Mark Andersen off the bench. What a steal. The guy is gonna be a very good Cover 2 DE in this league. He provides a great spark for them.

2. Baltimore
                                Ive long said that Baltimore has the best dline in the NFL. And the DE duo is an overlooked part of that equation. This past season they had Suggs/Pryce/Thomas in the 4-3. Pryce and Gregg in the 3-4. Not too shabby, not too shabby at all.

3. NO
                                for reasons already said by other posters

For the 3-4, I think that its between NE and SD.

Im gonna give the edge to NE. Warren is better than Igor, and Seymour is better than Castillo. As for pass rushing, I think Castillo has the edge, but Seymour is the better run stuffer and is more versatile.
                                i think reason Castillo gets more sacks is because their zone blitz scheme or w.e

i wish we ran it but i guess were fine without it

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information