Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sweetness34
    Originally posted by RamonceTaylorThaGreat
    not even close, hard to match CJ in EVERY aspect of the WR position that he possess...

speed
    agility
    hands
    quickness

he is top 5 in the NFL at every one, i cant say the same about ward...
    Yea blocking, leadership, toughness, and intelligence really don't matter either.

Hines Ward is in the top 5 in those categories....
    yea and CJ has no leadership or toughness for the bengals :roll:

granted ward is hands down the best blocker and most physical in that aspect of the game, but i said overall every category i have CJ ranked higher, Ward excells in the steelers system and CJ is great for his system, but stacked up CJ ranks higher almost every time..

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ward
      Originally posted by psub10champs
      Originally posted by danman253
      Well Psub, i think its safe to say i have won this arguement
      whatever, I said I'd rather have Ward and I still would. I don't care what the poll says, your being a doosh for posting this argument on a forum anyway
      We'd all rather have Ward. 8)

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

To build a team around Id take Ward for his completeness as a receiver. For a big play receiver Id take CJ hands down.
        Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
        Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
          i don't know that CJ has better hands. what makes you say that?
          I haven't seen him do anything to make me think he wouldn't however neither has Ward. I guees a better playmaker would be the word i am looking for.
          fair enough, just wasn't sure if i'd missed something about ward.

Comment

Chad Johnson. Heinz is just known for his scrappy play and blocking. Yellow mohawk Man does everything.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Chad Johnson. Hines Ward is sometimes overrated because he does all the little things and is a great team player. Announcers always give him love because he's a great locker room player that is easy to like but he's not at the same level as Johnson in terms of catching the football.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                Chad Johnson is a better wide reciever, there isn't a single doubt in my mind.

I absolutely respect what Heinz Ward has done in the NFL, and if I was building a team, I would even be tempted to choose him over Johnson as a player and team leader.

However, Johnson is one of the most explosive recievers in the league, and he is worlds more dangerous than Ward.
                ditto^^^^^^^^^
                Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Johnson is definately a better reciever but Hines has him in 2 areas he's definately a better blocker, and Hines is a better reciever when going over the middle.
                  http://www.spox.com/de/sport/ussport...hwartz-514.jpg

"We got our Schwartz tangled"

Comment

CJ led the league in drops a couple years ago...so I wouldn't say he has better hands.
                    "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

I think you have to account the teams they play for and their roles on the team..

CJ plays for the bengals which is basically a vertical threat type of offense with good recvers and a good QB but CJ is not their main player on offense.

Hines playes for pitt which is a gutsy run first pound the ball type of offense that will throw for 1st downs and needs good possesion recevers. I think Hines helps his teama lot more becuse he is able to block well for their running game and is able to make catches that move the chains.
                      http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/7...0125505wn7.png

Comment

Originally posted by XxXdragonXxX
                        CJ led the league in drops a couple years ago...so I wouldn't say he has better hands.
                        Key words right there. Last Season i sawc hardly any drops from him.

Comment

I'd take Hines Ward. He's not the modern selfish WR that plagues many teams. He is as happy to lay wood on a defensive back as he is making catches. He hits like a safety on cornerbacks and safeties. I forgot what Baltimore defensive back he took the helmet off on a running play a couple season's ago.

Comment

No doubt Chad Johnson just look at the results so far. Its that easy of a question.
                            Originally posted by nvot9
                            I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
                            Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                            Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
                            Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                            Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Lol, remember the arguments about Ward being a dirty player danman? You tried telling me he wasn't dirty and I told you how he was voted by the players as the 2nd most dirty player in the NFL.

Anyways, If I was building a team I'd take Hines.

Chad's got speed on him, but he's definitely not a better redzone threat. Hines isn't big but he always found open spots in the endzone and I really wouldn't be surprised if he had more redzone scores than Plax did when Plax was in the Burgh.

Hands wise, I'm not really sure because I don't actually see Chad play every single week like I see Hines play. I know this though, Hines never drops balls. Seriously, I cannot recall one time I saw him drop a pass. He's great in traffic and always fights for extra yards. So despite the fact that he is slower, he actually may be better after the catch than CJ.

As far as routes go, I don't study that stuff on tape, but despite Hines' lack of serious speed he always beats his man so his route running must be pretty damn good.

It's definitely a close call and I can see why either player would be chosen, however, if I were building a team, I would take Hines because he can contribute to the team in more ways than Chad therefore making him the more complete player.

Comment

Originally posted by psub10champs
                                Well Psub, i think its safe to say i have won this arguement
                                whatever, I said I'd rather have Ward and I still would. I don't care what the poll says, your being a doosh for posting this argument on a forum anyway

This means nothing. The people who voted in this poll are mostly under the age of 17 and see Chad on TV more often talking about how good he is. They also are fantasy players and think that stats are everything.

The beauty of Hines Ward lies beyond his statistical achievments, this is a well known fact.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information