Who's the better Receiver?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RamonceTaylorThaGreat
    not even close, hard to match CJ in EVERY aspect of the WR position that he possess...

speed
    agility
    hands
    quickness

he is top 5 in the NFL at every one, i cant say the same about ward...
    Wow, you're wild if you think Chad is in the top 5 in speed, agility, and quickness. He's not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by primetime21335
      Lol, remember the arguments about Ward being a dirty player danman? You tried telling me he wasn't dirty and I told you how he was voted by the players as the 2nd most dirty player in the NFL.
      I still don't think he is dirty. But whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by danman253
        Originally posted by XxXdragonXxX
        CJ led the league in drops a couple years ago...so I wouldn't say he has better hands.
        Key words right there. Last Season i sawc hardly any drops from him.
        He was tied for 6th in the league last year.
        "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

Hard for me to say. As a Steeler fan, Ward is better for us than CJ would be. Ward is a great blocker and a great worker. He makes some hard catches and isn't afraid to take a hit or two. He is much better at the stuff that our WRs are asked to do.

But when you look at CJ he is taller, faster and probably has better hands. For most teams I would rather have CJ at reciever. He is just more of a big play threat than Ward is. He can make a huge impact on any game with his speed and deepball ability.

I will say CJ is a better reciever but I would take Ward first as a player.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Hines Ward is slowly becoming one of the most overrated receivers in the game just because he's a "feel good" story. He's a good blocker, but both Keyshawn and Boldin are better yet never get the credit for it.

CJ is explosive, and I don't get how everyone is saying they'd take Hines Ward as a player. It's not like Chad Johnson is a Terrell Owens type player in the clubhouse. He is definitley a leader and has helped the outbreak of Carson Palmer more than most of you think. If he had such a drop problem he wouldn't continually put up 90 catch seasons. Ward has good hands, but Johnson's problem isn't his hands, it's a concentration thing.

Add in the fact that the Bengals are near a lock to be a top three offensive team this year, whereas the Steelers aren't.

Designs by Thule

Comment

Originally posted by RamonceTaylorThaGreat
              not even close, hard to match CJ in EVERY aspect of the WR position that he possess...

speed
              agility
              hands
              quickness

he is top 5 in the NFL at every one, i cant say the same about ward...

steve smith

randy moss

torry holt

terrell owens

santana moss

marvin harrison

chris chambers

....etc...

...........?

Comment

Chad Johnson hands down

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan_VIlma
                  Hines Ward is slowly becoming one of the most overrated receivers in the game just because he's a "feel good" story. He's a good blocker, but both Keyshawn and Boldin are better yet never get the credit for it.
                  After the bold, I quit reading...

Comment

Originally posted by primetime21335
                    Originally posted by Jonathan_VIlma
                    After the bold, I quit reading...
                    :roll: Why? Keyshawn is a very good blocker. :? Blocking WRs are so overrated anyway. Yea it is nice for a WR to block, but I would much rather have a great receiver that is a bad blocker than a good receiver that is a great blocker.

That is correct comahan
                    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                    <3 dg

Comment

Keyshawn is in no way shape or form better than Ward now. He is close to him inblocking but ward is better

Comment

Keyshawn is in no way shape or form better than Ward now. He is close to him inblocking but ward is better

Comment

Chad Johnson without question. I wonder why someone from Pennsylvania would pick Hines Ward over Chad Johnson... :roll:

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                          <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610
                            Chad Johnson without question. I wonder why someone from Pennsylvania would pick Hines Ward over Chad Johnson... :roll:
                            Me and PSU are both from Chicago :?

Comment

Okay, then a fan of Pennsylvania teams. (I'm saying picking Ward over Johnson is a homer pick)

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                              <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Okay, then a fan of Pennsylvania teams. (I'm saying picking Ward over Johnson is a homer pick)
                                ahhh, gotchya

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information