Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asante Samuel may be seeking a trade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
    About damn time. I was wondering what was wrong with Samuel and Dwight Freeney to not make a stink about the fact that they're getting hosed.
    Dwight Freeney has done nothing of the sort, actually. If a deal doesn't get done by July 15th, then he'll play out his one-year deal without a fuss.

    I'd mainly attribute that to Freeney, and Edge before him who was also franchise-tagged, having been 1st rounders and paid more money in a year than Briggs and Samuel have made combined in their young careers. Still, I think it's foolish of them to turn away from their considerable 2007 figures.

    Good for the Chicago Bears' front office for turning down the Washington trade, proving a point that they do the business in their franchise, not their disgruntled players.
    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Geo View Post
      Dwight Freeney has done nothing of the sort, actually. If a deal doesn't get done by July 15th, then he'll play out his one-year deal without a fuss.

      I'd mainly attribute that to Freeney, and Edge before him who was also franchise-tagged, having been 1st rounders and paid more money in a year than Briggs and Samuel have made combined in their young careers. Still, I think it's foolish of them to turn away from their considerable 2007 figures.

      Good for the Chicago Bears' front office for turning down the Washington trade, proving a point that they do the business in their franchise, not their disgruntled players.
      Yes I know that, but on behalf of the "somebody other than Briggs" campaign, as I can actually sympathize with Briggs' complaints (as much as anyone can sympathize with someone making 7.2 million).


      Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

      Comment


      • #33
        Trade proposition

        Cards
        5th overall pick

        Patriots
        Asante Samuel
        Pick 28


        Cards grab Staley with 28
        Last edited by fenikz; 04-04-2007, 10:09 PM.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by fenikz View Post
          Trade proposition

          Cards
          5th overall pick

          Patriots
          Asante Samuel
          Pick 28
          nope, still wouldnt do it. I wouldnt trade Samuel for a draft pick. They can still get a solid CB where they are right now. They dont have a burning need for anything else right now. Whats the point in trading your best CB, also one of the best i nthe league for another draft pick. Keep him and lock him up. Mark it down. THE PATRIOTS WILL NOT TRADE ASANTE SAMUEL!

          Comment


          • #35
            I'd do that if the Cards threw in their second, or at worst, their third...

            Willis and Ross or Griffen? Thank you very much, Ellis Hobbs, enjoy your time as a #1 CB...

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
              nope, still wouldnt do it. I wouldnt trade Samuel for a draft pick. They can still get a solid CB where they are right now. They dont have a burning need for anything else right now. Whats the point in trading your best CB, also one of the best i nthe league for another draft pick. Keep him and lock him up. Mark it down. THE PATRIOTS WILL NOT TRADE ASANTE SAMUEL!
              its not a question wether u would or not. its Beoli and im furious with them right now.

              give a 2nd and then pay 3.something mill per year for a slot WR and ecent KR man but u wont pay Samuel who supposivly wants "Dre Bly money" which is a very good asking price.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                Trade proposition

                Cards
                5th overall pick

                Patriots
                Asante Samuel
                Pick 28


                Cards grab Staley with 28
                Add in the Cards 3rd round pick and you got a deal.

                Cards #5 pick = 1700

                Pats #28 pick = 660
                Asante (best corner in draft, worth around the #10 pick) = 1300

                1960 > 1700

                Comment


                • #38
                  id thrown in the 3rd and be tom brady's manicurist in a second if that trade could get done

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    hey what about a Samuel for Briggs trade straight up? Both franchised for about the same amount of money. Pats need a linebacker for the inside, and arent both the bears corners next year free agents?

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
                      its not a question wether u would or not. its Beoli and im furious with them right now.

                      give a 2nd and then pay 3.something mill per year for a slot WR and ecent KR man but u wont pay Samuel who supposivly wants "Dre Bly money" which is a very good asking price.
                      I agree with you. Dre Bly money seems reasonable. But then again, we don't know the whole story, so I guess that's that.

                      And I am pretty sure due to the trade, Welker is only getting 1.5 per...

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by briz5x View Post
                        hey what about a Samuel for Briggs trade straight up? Both franchised for about the same amount of money. Pats need a linebacker for the inside, and arent both the bears corners next year free agents?
                        1. Briggs is a whining ***** ..worse than Samuel by a mile in terms of crying

                        2. Pats need an ILB that is willing to play a 3-4. Remember when Briggs said he has no interest in playing for 3-4 because it doesnt suit him? Forget him

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by briz5x View Post
                          hey what about a Samuel for Briggs trade straight up? Both franchised for about the same amount of money. Pats need a linebacker for the inside, and arent both the bears corners next year free agents?
                          Personally, I'd pass. The Bears would make out by a lot. We need to get younger at LB more than anything...

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by briz5x View Post
                            hey what about a Samuel for Briggs trade straight up? Both franchised for about the same amount of money. Pats need a linebacker for the inside, and arent both the bears corners next year free agents?
                            I'd rather just resign Tillman for cheaper. Cornerback isn't a very important position in our defense anyway.


                            Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Jay View Post
                              Personally, I'd pass. The Bears would make out by a lot. We need to get younger at LB more than anything...
                              I don't know about a lot. The positional value is a big skewed, but I think Briggs is a higher ranked OLB than Samuel is a CB.


                              Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                                I don't know about a lot. The positional value is a big skewed, but I think Briggs is a higher ranked OLB than Samuel is a CB.
                                A good CB is harder to find than a good OLB though
                                Originally posted by Paul
                                Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                                Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                                These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                                MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information