No announcement yet.

Devin Hester...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Justice had some character concerns, but they were minor enough if the Eagles moved up to get him. The Giants probably would have taken Justice in the second if he had fallen to them. The Eagles slid up to nab him early second round, well before the Giants picked. Justice has actual ability, but William Thomas and John Runyan will start next season. I figure Runyan is gone after that, and Thomas could follow him out the door. It is always possible that Justice could win that job in training camp, meaning Thomas would be cut.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Man I wish Justice was in Miami. :(

That is correct comahan
      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
      <3 dg

Comment

Justice visited some friends in Miami. Does that help?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Yeah I think everyone does. I'd take him over Danieal Manning in a heartbeat.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
            Justice had some character concerns, but they were minor enough if the Eagles moved up to get him. The Giants probably would have taken Justice in the second if he had fallen to them. The Eagles slid up to nab him early second round, well before the Giants picked. Justice has actual ability, but William Thomas and John Runyan will start next season. I figure Runyan is gone after that, and Thomas could follow him out the door. It is always possible that Justice could win that job in training camp, meaning Thomas would be cut.
            Justice looked real good in PS. I was very shocked when we passed up on him for Kiwanuka. I felt like the Jets fans in the jets draft blunders youtube clip.

Comment

To be fair, Kiwi had a pretty good rookie season. He came in handy with the injuries, and the OLine was decent at the OT spot until the injury bug hit hard. If the Giants had passed on Kiwi, the Eagles may have pounced on him. Is that what you would've wanted?

Comment

playing Hester as CB is possibly the worst idea ever...he was awful at corner in college but looked good sometimes because competition wasn't NFL caliber..he played a nickel or dime CB last season once or twice and just looked lost and horrible...if we want him on the field more we should try him at WR, but he would prolly split time with Davis for the 3rd WR and most likely we will only use him for screens, reverses, and just throwing deep

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                  To be fair, Kiwi had a pretty good rookie season. He came in handy with the injuries, and the OLine was decent at the OT spot until the injury bug hit hard. If the Giants had passed on Kiwi, the Eagles may have pounced on him. Is that what you would've wanted?
                  To be honest, I think Kiwi's rookie year is a little exaggerated. He didn't create many hurries, only 2 sacks, and was average against the run. Had a great PS, but in the regular season he was grossly outperformed by Mark Andersen and Tamba Hali as a pure DE.

His best attributes his rookie year to me honestly were his ability in coverage and rushing the passer standing up. I think Kiwi is better suited as a rushbacker than a fulltime DE. Another reason why I hope we make the 3-4 switch.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                    To be honest, I think Kiwi's rookie year is a little exaggerated. He didn't create many hurries, only 2 sacks, and was average against the run. Had a great PS, but in the regular season he was grossly outperformed by Mark Andersen and Tamba Hali as a pure DE.

His best attributes his rookie year to me honestly were his ability in coverage and rushing the passer standing up. I think Kiwi is better suited as a rushbacker than a fulltime DE. Another reason why I hope we make the 3-4 switch.
                    I actually think the credit he has received for his strong play was well deserved. Without him, I'm not sure we make the playoffs, actually I'm almost positive we don't make the playoffs. He passed an even healthy Justin Tuck in my eyes and the versatility he brought to this defense at 6'5-270 was huge. Yes he did have the two bonehead plays of the year against the Titans and Cowboys but he made up for it. He rushed the passer pretty well and it is odd to me that some Giants fans still underrate his ability to play the run. I was suprised to see him play the run the way he did, very impressed.

Now the question is, would I have rather taken Justice, which is who I wanted at the time because I viewed him as the second best offensive lineman in the draft. I'd have to lean towards yes because of our current LT situation but Kiwanuka's ceiling is so damn high and he could easily become a 10+sack per season kind of player no matter how we use him.
                    Originally posted by Paul
                    Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                    Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                    These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                      I actually think the credit he has received for his strong play was well deserved. Without him, I'm not sure we make the playoffs, actually I'm almost positive we don't make the playoffs. He passed an even healthy Justin Tuck in my eyes and the versatility he brought to this defense at 6'5-270 was huge. Yes he did have the two bonehead plays of the year against the Titans and Cowboys but he made up for it. He rushed the passer pretty well and it is odd to me that some Giants fans still underrate his ability to play the run. I was suprised to see him play the run the way he did, very impressed.

Now the question is, would I have rather taken Justice, which is who I wanted at the time because I viewed him as the second best offensive lineman in the draft. I'd have to lean towards yes because of our current LT situation but Kiwanuka's ceiling is so damn high and he could easily become a 10+sack per season kind of player no matter how we use him.

He was better against the run then I initially thought yes. I thought he woudl be horrible against it, when in fact he was ok.

But, contrarily, he wasn't as good of a pass rusher as we hoped his rookie year. He was a one trick pony with no strength to back up his edge rush.

He was a great pickup, and I think he has a higher ceiling than Osi, so Im not mad with the pick. I also agree that we dont make the playoffs without him.

But as far as need is concerned, I think we shouldve went Justice. Its much harder finding a LT in the draft compared to a DE. For every top LT, theres 2 to 3 DEs available. Its just harder finding a LT. When you get a LT fall to your lap, you take him.

Comment

I don't know if it has been said, but hester will have a 100 speed in madden. He is the first ever player to have a 100 speed.

http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames...ory?id=2826180

Comment

Which is funny cause he doesn't have blazing speed (very fast, but not the fastest in the league), he just has tremendous vision.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                            Which is funny cause he doesn't have blazing speed, he just has tremendous vision.
                            Great burst and great vision is all you need. Hester has it.

Comment

Watching Hester in HD a lot this year, he gets up to full speed very quickly, probably within 2-3 steps. That acceleration + his vision makes a lot of these plays happen. Luck has something to do with it as well.

Comment

Um, he does have blazing speed. 4.27 is pretty blazing, and he has "faster than the guy next to him speed" as well. After the year he had it seems right to give him 100 speed.

That is correct comahan
                                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                                <3 dg

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information