Devin Hester...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devin Hester...

..May switch to offense but mostlikely he will be a CB come 07 here is a linkhttp://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insid...3fid%3d2822045
    ________
    Prilosec lawsuites
    Last edited by OSUGiants17; 05-10-2011, 07:37 PM.

SPLOOSH

he should definitely play offense IMO. Clearly he's a guy who should have the ball in his hands as much as possible. That said, being a Packers fan, I'd rather have him running around in the secondary blowing coverages. :p
    Originally posted by njx9
    i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

It doesn't matter if he plays offense b/c Rex is stll the QB

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Hester is an athletic talent who can just fly. He never really had a position at any point in his life, though he called himself a CB. The guy is just an athlete. I don't think he can develop the technique and tackling to be a starting CB in any case. With his playmaking skills, he could be a decent nickel/dime CB, but he is also electric with the ball in his hands on special teams and such. Even if you use him as a decoy, he can help the offense.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Devin hester is tough. He's an athelete with no position. He works at ST right now, but teams will definately look at tape and do a better job neutralizing him next year. So they need to figure out a way to maximize his production.

The measureables and big play ability are off the scale, but where does he fit?

He can be a Cover 2 CB. The responsibilities arent that hard, and he has the speed, but thats sort of wasting his big play abililities. Not to mention that Chicago likes doing more man coverage than your average Cover 2 team, that could be a failed experiment.

If you use him as WR, thats not a simple transition either. He has to learn how to drop his hips, catch the ball, take a hit in traffic and still hold on, get off the press etc.

This guy is extremely raw as a football player, and its tough to project him into a certain role. The best thing to do is throw a bunch of different assignments at him early in TC. See which assignment he seems most comfortable in, and train him in that.

Comment

I would definitely stick him on offence. It would be easier for him to pickup the wide receiver position than cornerback. Just throw him slants, screens, and flies all game.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
              I would definitely stick him on offence. It would be easier for him to pickup the wide receiver position than cornerback. Just throw him slants, screens, and flies all game.
              If it were that easy, James Jett would likely be a Hall of Famer.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                If it were that easy, James Jett would likely be a Hall of Famer.
                Not saying it would be easy but that's what they should do to start him out at the position. His speed and playmaking ability would allow him to run those routes and do a lot of damage after the catch.

Comment

People won't kick the ball to him after the year he had ask Dante Hall.

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                    It doesn't matter if he plays offense b/c Rex is stll the QB
                    Har har har..so original. The Rex Grossman sucks stuff is getting overdone. He's not incompetent or untalented, he just makes poor decisions. Our offense was still in the top half of the league last year.

As for Hester moving, the ironic thing is that Lovie was adament about how he felt Miami had screwed up Devin by switching him around too much and having him play multiple positions, and that now appears to be what they are doing as well.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                      People won't kick the ball to him after the year he had ask Dante Hall.
                      That's cool. I'll take the ball on the 40 yard line any day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                        Har har har..so original. The Rex Grossman sucks stuff is getting overdone. He's not incompetent or untalented, he just makes poor decisions. Our offense was still in the top half of the league last year.

As for Hester moving, the ironic thing is that Lovie was adament about how he felt Miami had screwed up Devin by switching him around too much and having him play multiple positions, and that now appears to be what they are doing as well.
                        Rex needs some Tom Coughlin in his life. Coughlin's all streak playbook would give Rex the biggest boner. Can we switch offensive playbooks?

I honestly think Rex would thrive in Air Coryell....

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                          Hester is an athletic talent who can just fly. He never really had a position at any point in his life, though he called himself a CB. The guy is just an athlete. I don't think he can develop the technique and tackling to be a starting CB in any case. With his playmaking skills, he could be a decent nickel/dime CB, but he is also electric with the ball in his hands on special teams and such. Even if you use him as a decoy, he can help the offense.
                          Exactely. I think he would be best served in packages with Bernard Berrian. The safties are going to have to neutralize one or the other, and both have speed to burn over the top (not to mention Grossman loves to throw those 40+ yard bombs).

Ron Turner recently said that a speedy Wide Reciever was at the top of his list as he felt Moose wasn't fast enough to burn teams that would sit a safety in double coverage on Berrian's deep routes. I don't think Hester is that guy, but it's likely worth a look.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                            Rex needs some Tom Coughlin in his life. Coughlin's all streak playbook would give Rex the biggest boner. Can we switch offensive playbooks?

I honestly think Rex would thrive in Air Coryell....
                            That was the original offense we had for him in 2004 (see Terry Shea) but I think Lovie realized that said offense only works for teams that play in domes or warmer climates.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                              That was the original offense we had for him in 2004 (see Terry Shea) but I think Lovie realized that said offense only works in teams that play in Domes or warmer climates.
                              Tell Lovie to send that memo to Coughlin....

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information