Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the furthest ahead of the competition?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would be on board with Urlacher being the best at his position. The problem is that at least 1/3 of the teams in the league run a 3-4 D, which has different MLB responsibilities. When you do that, you shrink the pool of names. Even if this wasn't the case, Urlacher would probably be the consensus best. 2 years ago, Ray Lewis and Urlacher would be the best, but that's not the case anymore.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Hmmm...this is a great question. I don't think its crazy to say Devin Hester.

Comment

Who are the premier DTs nowadays? Last one I remember who was anything special was Warren Sapp back in the Dungy-Bay days. Point is, I bet there's a candidate at that position. Only one I know who's considered really good is Tommie Harris, but I don't really know him well enough to talk about him.

Comment

Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
          right well I don't consider him a FB really...but production wise and the fact that he is a good blocker from a RB standpoint I think would make him the top FB, but again thats by RB standards not FB so I don't think he is a good FB
          If you're a good fullback, you barely get recognition and essentially don't show up in the stat sheet. That is why guys like Jameel Cook and Lorenzo Neal are among the better FB's in the game.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I was ready to say Urlacher until BBD mentioned Hester. Hmm.
            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Brian Urlacher at MLB.

Champ Bailey at CB.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                I was ready to say Urlacher until BBD mentioned Hester. Hmm.
                Seriously, I think he's probably has the largest margin compared to his peers.

Unless you want to throw Vinatieri in the mix? Another special teamer...

Comment

There are a lot of good DT's in the league: Henderson, Stroud, Tommie Harris, Shawn Rodgers, Jamal Williams, Kevin Williams, and Casey Hampton immediately come to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                    Seriously, I think he's probably has the largest margin compared to his peers.

Unless you want to throw Vinatieri in the mix? Another special teamer...
                    I wasn't even thinking about special teamers, but now that it's mentioned I would have to agree on Hester. I don't think any other special teams guy had that kind of impact with that rookie season he had, plus considering he is still very raw.

Comment

The truth is, every position has someone who's close to them. Every single position.

The only positions I can think of with a clearcut #1 who is lightyears ahead of his peers are Devin Hester for special teams (although you can make an argument that Pacman Jones was almost as good) and Vinitieri for kickers (throw Stover in the mix as his competition).

Comment

What about Lorenzo Neil at FB? Maybe he can give Hester a run for the money.

Comment

You can say that Vinatieri is a good kicker and all, but other kickers can do the same thing. He is very clutch, though. Other kickers have more physical ability. I admit that Vinatieri is the best, but it's not that clear cut.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                            What about Lorenzo Neil at FB? Maybe he can give Hester a run for the money.
                            :) I said that one before, there are a couple other good FB's out there but I think the consensus among most NFL players and fans is that Neal is the best at the position.

Comment

Originally posted by JK17 View Post
                              :) I said that one before, there are a couple other good FB's out there but I think the consensus among most NFL players and fans is that Neal is the best at the position.
                              Im starting to narrow it down between those 2.

Its gonna be a position where theres not much emphasis on quality play. Because theres less competition and a stud can outshine his peers by an appreciable margin.

So far I have it as Hester at 1, Lo at 2.

Comment

See, I still fail to hear anything about any of those DTs. I realize it's not the most glorified position, but it seems like there just isn't that much talent there. I looked at the stats at some of the guys you named and compared them to that of, say, Booger McFarland, or any other one....and they're all pretty much the same. Is there no dominant Sapp-esque player at that position now? Because it seems like there's not even one well known star there...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information