Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the furthest ahead of the competition?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if Walter Jones had a down year, who stepped up to take his place as the best OT in the game? Do you put McNeill up there as a rookie?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Hutchinson is lightyears better than any other guard in the NFL.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
        So if Walter Jones had a down year, who stepped up to take his place as the best OT in the game? Do you put McNeill up there as a rookie?
        It seems like a bunch of names get thrown into the same category. Jones, Pace, I liked Jamal Brown this year, McNeil did well, the guy from Cinncy (im forgetting his name right now).

Theres too many names that performed at a close level this past year.

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
          Wrong. Shawn Andrews, Chris Snee, Logan Mankins, and others would probably disagree with you.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Logan Mankins is sooo underrated.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
              Jeff Feagles *bump*
              i dont pay enough attention to punting. if my team is punting im normally pissed at that point.

its hard to determine punters because they recieve little to no recognition.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

It seems like a bunch of names get thrown into the same category. Jones, Pace, I liked Jamal Brown this year, McNeil did well, the guy from Cinncy (im forgetting his name right now).

Theres too many names that performed at a close level this past year.
                You're referring to Levi Jones, who kills Dwight Freeney all the time.

I am with you on it. Was just making sure we covered all the bases.

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                  Faneca? (which is only one of the many I could name)

Comment

You can make an argument for LJ the past 2 years. I don't agree with it, but you can make an argument for it.

I dont think that the difference between LDT vs LJ is bigger than Hester vs everyone else. LDT is up there though. Probably like 4 on the list.

What about old man Jeff Feagles? He seems to be another guy who is light years ahead of the competition.
                    See that's the thing. In '02, one could hae debated that Ricky Williams, or Priest Holmes, was better. In '03, it was Holmes versus Tomlinson. The '04 season was the only one were LaDainian wasn't at the top, but only because he had a nasty groin injury. These past two years, it was Johnson, Alexander, Barber versus Tomlinson. The point being, Tomlinson has been consistent for the past five years, while his challengers have come and gone. Tomlinson owns two great statistical marks for his position, both of which may not be passed anytime soon.

Comment

Faneca, Shawn Andrews, Mankins, Chris Snee. There are 4 that are at least as good as Hutch.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                        alstott does not, imo, hold the jockstrap of at least 50% of other nfl fb's at this point in his career.
                        then you obviously havent watched in the last couple years.

Angels Record: 6-8

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                          See that's the thing. In '02, one could hae debated that Ricky Williams, or Priest Holmes, was better. In '03, it was Holmes versus Tomlinson. The '04 season was the only one were LaDainian wasn't at the top, but only because he had a nasty groin injury. These past two years, it was Johnson, Alexander, Barber versus Tomlinson. The point being, Tomlinson has been consistent for the past five years, while his challengers have come and gone. Tomlinson owns two great statistical marks for his position, both of which may not be passed anytime soon.
                          I know. But how far ahead has he been those 5 years against his competition? Thats the premise of the thread. Who has the largest margin. Tomlinson was the best over a 5 year span, but outside of this past year, I dont know if you can say he was lightyears ahead of anybody during this 5 year span. He's without question the best rb the past 5 years though.

Oh, and in 02, Jamal Lewis and Priest Holmes were better. Id say he was a close #3 that year.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                            You're referring to Levi Jones, who kills Dwight Freeney all the time.
                            HAHAHAHA are you kidding me? Look at the stats from the last time Cincy played Indy.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20061218_CIN@IND

Freeney had THREE SACKS. Three forced fumbles for that matter, too. Man, he sure held him, didn't he! HAH....please.

Comment

i miss that jamal lewis

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by frogstomp View Post
                                Ed Reed at safety.
                                I don't know, I think Dawkins is better and has done it for a longer period of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information