No announcement yet.

Koren Robinson sign'd with Green Bay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the Pack wants him, then by all means. I hope he plays great for the rest of his career and stays sober. The only reason I don't like him is because Holmgren really pulled for this guy and Koren let him down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twiddler
      No big deal here. And who cares if you are complaining about him getting too many chances. It's not like he's coming in and being our main receiver, he's being our fifth, and maybe he can work his way up to the fourth slot with time. And he can return punts for us which is a vacancy on our team. Good signing, plus TT has experience with him so that's a plus also.
      if we're going to talk about a guy getting a fifty-seventh chance, it should make no difference whatsoever if he's getting it as a #1 or a practice squad guy.

on the other hand, i hope you and the rest of the second-chance guys have been completely supportive of guys like latrell sprewell, ron artest and terrell owens.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
        No big deal here. And who cares if you are complaining about him getting too many chances. It's not like he's coming in and being our main receiver, he's being our fifth, and maybe he can work his way up to the fourth slot with time. And he can return punts for us which is a vacancy on our team. Good signing, plus TT has experience with him so that's a plus also.
        if we're going to talk about a guy getting a fifty-seventh chance, it should make no difference whatsoever if he's getting it as a #1 or a practice squad guy.

on the other hand, i hope you and the rest of the second-chance guys have been completely supportive of guys like latrell sprewell, ron artest and terrell owens.
        The only think that I don't like TO is that he is a media *****. And I'm sick of seeing his face every time I watch TV. If it's on sunday, its okay, but other than that, he needs to shut up

Comment

Originally posted by KAWICGB

The only think that I don't like TO is that he is a media ***********. And I'm sick of seeing his face every time I watch TV. If it's on sunday, its okay, but other than that, he needs to shut up
          sure, and i'm not trying to "out" anyone or anything, but it seems to be an NFLDC thing to think the guy deserves ample second chances if he's a member of Team X and you root for Team X, but that he should be strung up by his ballls if he's a member of Team Y.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088
            just read on packers news that koren will not be prosicuted until after the 2006 season and this means that the nfl officials will not be able to punish him until after the season is over.... so i dunnno what to think?

nice...sign him...yeah, he's a charcter issue, but green bay is a relatively small and boring town...not a lot to do to get yourself in trouble...and packers haven't had a kick returner since desmond howard.

Comment

Originally posted by drowe
              just read on packers news that koren will not be prosicuted until after the 2006 season and this means that the nfl officials will not be able to punish him until after the season is over.... so i dunnno what to think?

nice...sign him...yeah, he's a charcter issue, but green bay is a relatively small and boring town...not a lot to do to get yourself in trouble...and packers haven't had a kick returner since desmond howard.
              Allen Rossum.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

While I would rather it be another team I wouldnt mind, in fact I would be happy to, see Koren get another chance, I just dont want to see someone throw their career away....agian.

Comment

I would be very surprised for him to be fifth. Obviously it's Driver first, Jennings second. But after that it's up in the air. He should start out at at least 4th. I like martin but If he cant beat Martin out then do we really need him. and no one can say that he cant get ahead of Ferguson.

Comment

i think it would go Diver jennings/ferguson Robinson, and martin. but ill be surprised if robinson gets signed.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                    Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Well I guess I'll just agree to disagree. Because in my mind, if he's going to get fifth receiver on the depth chart kind of money, than what's the difference between signing some other backup to play the role or taking him. I mean sure you could number the chances off like you said with your fifty seventh thing but I personally think that this "chance" is very minor compared to a team signing him to come in and be one of their top two or three receivers.

Comment

Well I guess I'll just agree to disagree. Because in my mind, if he's going to get fifth receiver on the depth chart kind of money, than what's the difference between signing some other backup to play the role or taking him. I mean sure you could number the chances off like you said with your fifty seventh thing but I personally think that this "chance" is very minor compared to a team signing him to come in and be one of their top two or three receivers.
                        I think he's talking about how Robinson won't learn if somebody keeps giving him another chance, and it doesn't matter where he is on the depth chart, for him to learn his lesson, he has to hit absolutely rock bottom

Comment

Can someone clear something if we sign him would be be able to play this year? If so how?

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN
                            Can someone clear something if we sign him would be be able to play this year? If so how?
                            I read somewhere that if he is suspended by the league it will take place after this season

Comment

i think it would go Diver jennings/ferguson Robinson, and martin. but ill be surprised if robinson gets signed.
                              If Robinson gets signed I believe he'll eventually work his way to #2 as he is a very good WR, just with some problems. I really don't view him as anywhat of a clubhouse problem and don't believe that this is a big enough issue to give up on him (either player wise or character wise).
                              SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

Originally posted by drowe

nice...sign him...yeah, he's a charcter issue, but green bay is a relatively small and boring town...not a lot to do to get yourself in trouble..
                                Do you have bars? Do you have roads? That's probably enough for him to get in trouble.

As for Vince saying that the team has nothing to lose. Here's something. Koren gets drunk, drives his car, and hits someone. Sound crazy? Not really. How's that for PR in a town completely obsessed with their football team and its image.

I'm not against giving the guy a second chance. What I am against, is rushing someone back that has a disease simply because he has the ability to play football when really he needs to check his ass into a rehabilitation center and focus on things that really matter, like living.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information