Koren Robinson sign'd with Green Bay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KAWICGB
    The way I see it, so he has a problem with alcohol.... yeah so does the whole state of wisconsin.

This last time he only blew a .11 BAC... a large number of people drive to work the next day and could still blow a .11! Sign him and let him assimilate into the Wisconsin population

It would be a good signing for the Packers. I have not seen a link, but I read on another forum that he doesn't go on trial until after the season. He could play for a year, make some decent cash and get another year on his pension, then he'd likely have to serve his year suspension for the 2007 season.
    The pain fades and the good memories will remain.

Comment

Originally posted by diehardvikingsfan
      Originally posted by TitleTown088
      i think it would go Diver jennings/ferguson Robinson, and martin. but ill be surprised if robinson gets signed.
      If Robinson gets signed I believe he'll eventually work his way to #2 as he is a very good WR, just with some problems. I really don't view him as anywhat of a clubhouse problem and don't believe that this is a big enough issue to give up on him (either player wise or character wise).
      nope cause jennings is gonna be much better than koren, much much better.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
      they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
      Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
        Originally posted by drowe
        just read on packers news that koren will not be prosicuted until after the 2006 season and this means that the nfl officials will not be able to punish him until after the season is over.... so i dunnno what to think?

nice...sign him...yeah, he's a charcter issue, but green bay is a relatively small and boring town...not a lot to do to get yourself in trouble..
        Do you have bars? Do you have roads? That's probably enough for him to get in trouble.

As for Vince saying that the team has nothing to lose. Here's something. Koren gets drunk, drives his car, and hits someone. Sound crazy? Not really. How's that for PR in a town completely obsessed with their football team and its image.

I'm not against giving the guy a second chance. What I am against, is rushing someone back that has a disease simply because he has the ability to play football when really he needs to check his ass into a rehabilitation center and focus on things that really matter, like living.
        I completely agree right now. Football should be the last thing on his mind, and I think that any team willing to sign him is being incredibly selfish, and is showing a complete disregard to Koren's safety and the safety of the people of Green Bay. He needs help before he needs football.

Comment

Comment

IDK if GB is the best place for him...but atleast he doesn't have to worry about traveling on alot of highways doing 100 he can be doing it in the city instead.

Comment

Anybody putting him in the same category as T.O. and such should stop. Those people don't have this type of problem. I think the theory about rooting for him, or doubting him and guys like him depending on what team they're on has some truth to it, but not with me. I was sad to see what happened in Minnesota. People are talking about him having to hit rock bottom, I think he already has. You don't think he realizes what he's done? Any farther would be killing himself or end up killing somebody else because of this disease. Have some sympathy. People make mistakes in the beginning (starting to drink) and sometimes they lead down a long road like this. You can't act like like he wants it to be this way and you can't act like he is a disgrace to all of us, NFL players are people too.

I want him to be in football, I want him in football now because the fan in me wants him to sign with the Packers. From a well-being stand point, I don't what's best for him right now and who really does know whats best for him right now. If he doesn't have football he might just drink all the time, or he might be rehabing. Who knows what could happen. For what it's worth,(which should be a lot) when he visited Green Bay he spent the majority of his time with Brett Favre, who was addicted to painkillers in 1996, I wonder what they talked about.
              I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

Originally posted by drowe
                just read on packers news that koren will not be prosicuted until after the 2006 season and this means that the nfl officials will not be able to punish him until after the season is over.... so i dunnno what to think?

nice...sign him...yeah, he's a charcter issue, but green bay is a relatively small and boring town...not a lot to do to get yourself in trouble...and packers haven't had a kick returner since desmond howard.
                dude the town on mankato Minn where he got arrested is prob the biggest **** hole of a town ever and he still managed to ge in trouble there. he'd be more likely to get busted in a small town because the only thing to do is get hammered.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                they get smoked.

Comment

Originally posted by Nitschke-Hawk
                  Anybody putting him in the same category as T.O. and such should stop. Those people don't have this type of problem. I think the theory about rooting for him, or doubting him and guys like him depending on what team they're on has some truth to it, but not with me. I was sad to see what happened in Minnesota. People are talking about him having to hit rock bottom, I think he already has. You don't think he realizes what he's done? Any farther would be killing himself or end up killing somebody else because of this disease. Have some sympathy. People make mistakes in the beginning (starting to drink) and sometimes they lead down a long road like this. You can't act like like he wants it to be this way and you can't act like he is a disgrace to all of us, NFL players are people too.

I want him to be in football, I want him in football now because the fan in me wants him to sign with the Packers. From a well-being stand point, I don't what's best for him right now and who really does know whats best for him right now. If he doesn't have football he might just drink all the time, or he might be rehabing. Who knows what could happen. For what it's worth,(which should be a lot) when he visited Green Bay he spent the majority of his time with Brett Favre, who was addicted to painkillers in 1996, I wonder what they talked about.
                  don't put him in the same category as Owens? why not? you're giving both of them as many chances as they want/need/can get just because they could improve your football team. i have all the sympathy in the world for an alcoholic who acknowledges the problem and takes steps to prevent it. driving while drunk is NOT even VAGUELY close to attempting to prevent the situation. as far as i'm concerned, DWI's and DUI's are far WORSE than anything Owens has ever done. Owens is scum in the locker room. Robinson attempted to murder someone by getting behind the wheel.

like i said earlier: support all of them or support none of them. if you support everyone's second, third, eighth chance, then great, support robinson's. (keep in mind, this will be his FOURTH chance, not his second.)

really, in all honesty, i think it's borderline pathetic that the guy is even in the NFL anymore. he's been caught 4 times for the exact same thing and has yet to learn his lesson. i've got no idea why people think the fifth time is suddenly the charm. i've got no idea why people want this moron anywhere near their hometown (unless, of course, EVERYONE in your hometown drives 100mph while intoxicated, in which case i'd like to nominate all of you for Darwin awards). Let him hang out in rehab for a couple years, then see if he's worth signing. he's clearly not right now.

Comment

if they do sign him it probably wont be until after the 1st game so they dont have to pay him full salary and can cut him whenever they please.

they get smoked.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9

don't put him in the same category as Owens? why not? you're giving both of them as many chances as they want/need/can get just because they could improve your football team. i have all the sympathy in the world for an alcoholic who acknowledges the problem and takes steps to prevent it. driving while drunk is NOT even VAGUELY close to attempting to prevent the situation. as far as i'm concerned, DWI's and DUI's are far WORSE than anything Owens has ever done. Owens is scum in the locker room. Robinson attempted to murder someone by getting behind the wheel.

like i said earlier: support all of them or support none of them. if you support everyone's second, third, eighth chance, then great, support robinson's. (keep in mind, this will be his FOURTH chance, not his second.)

really, in all honesty, i think it's borderline pathetic that the guy is even in the NFL anymore. he's been caught 4 times for the exact same thing and has yet to learn his lesson. i've got no idea why people think the fifth time is suddenly the charm. i've got no idea why people want this moron anywhere near their hometown (unless, of course, EVERYONE in your hometown drives 100mph while intoxicated, in which case i'd like to nominate all of you for Darwin awards). Let him hang out in rehab for a couple years, then see if he's worth signing. he's clearly not right now.
                      I only read your first sentence, I'll read the rest later, but the difference is...

Koren has a disease, TO is a disease!!!

Comment

sure, absolutely. i just think there's zero difference between a guy who's a jerk and a guy who becomes a jerk because he refuses to acknowledge that he's got a problem.

let me just clarify real quick: it just happens that he was picked up by the packers. i'm certainly not trying to pick on the packers or their fans.

Comment

sure, absolutely. i just think there's zero difference between a guy who's a jerk and a guy who becomes a jerk because he refuses to acknowledge that he's got a problem.

let me just clarify real quick: it just happens that he was picked up by the packers. i'm certainly not trying to pick on the packers or their fans.
                          I know where you are coming from.

As far as I go, I think there is a difference in this situation. Just because he would not be on a team does not mean that he would be in rehab. Hopefully if he does come to GB, he can find strength in Favre, as it was mentioned before, he spent time in rehab.

Quick question, could the Vikings have kept Robinson without him counting on as one of the 53? I personally think if they could have, they should have.

Comment

as far as i'm concerned, DWI's and DUI's are far WORSE than anything Owens has ever done. Owens is scum in the locker room. Robinson attempted to murder someone by getting behind the wheel.
                            You just answered your own question.

Anybody putting him in the same category as T.O. and such should stop. Those people don't have this type of problem.
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------
                            I hate Owens as much as most, but these two guys problems are completely different, the only category they belong in together is being wide recievers that have problems and get extra chances. T.O. isn't an alcoholic and isn't putting his life in danger as well as others. Robinson was already in rehab and even went back this summer to help prevent a relapse, well he had one and this is what happened. At this point he's not getting drunk just cause he wants to, it's a mental problem and it's serious. Some people are weak minded and had reasons growing up to start doing things like this, some just make a mistake, who knows why he started. I question whether you've been close to anyone with any type of addiction before. If you have and it was fixed, sometimes it's just a bigger problem than we all think. Some people are fixed right away and some take a long time. I understand where you're coming from. I just think it's too harsh to be saying things like that. It doesn't matter how many chances addicts get, it's if they can beat it, it's obvious he's made a good effort to stop and wasn't successful. At this point you should be hoping he gets better, because nobody in their right mind would want to be in the situation he is. Yeah, you got teams wanting your services, and you're worth $1.1 million but that's not all that matters.
                            I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

the Packer's could use a full time drunk.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

So true. I don't mind Koren coming to Packers, as I live far away. Knowing he's on the roads in GB, wouldn't that make some people nervous? And when (not if) he drives drunk again, what's the fall-out from him killing someone on the road?

That being said, at least he'd be going somewhere he'd be a drinking light-weight. The last game I went to at Lambeau involved everyone getting their drunk on at 7 am, having Bloody Mary's, Screwdrivers and beer along with Brats and hamburgers for breakfast. The eating and drinking went on non-stop until the game started at noon. Then Tampa Bay got smacked and Dorsey got hurt on a very hot Septmeber day...
                                The pain fades and the good memories will remain.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information