David Carr is now a Carolina Panther

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
    I cant help but be afraid that this is one of those media friendly FA moves that doesnt actually work out so well (see: the Panthers offseason last year
    Maake is a solid tackle and is doing everything right, Shaun Williams was injured and Hartwig got injured... I don't know how anyone can be disappointed in who we signed last year... Williams maybe but everyone else was great.

Comment

With Carr they should finally beable to get the ball deep to Steve Smith, Delhomme's arm was just lacking.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
        I said in the other thread that the Panthers would probably be his best situation. Good for him. If the Panthers were smart, they wouldn't play him for a single snap next season unless it is absolutely necessary. Let him ease in and learn the system, don't force anything. Delhomme has been adequate the past few years and even caught lightning in a bottle when he brought them to the Super Bowl. I think he is, at best, an average NFL QB, which is better than most QB's that have played in the league can say, but David Carr still has the chance to be a great NFL QB. Granted, it may be too late, so we'll see...

But smart move on his part.
        Smart move... if he can't get it together in Carolina... where will he? Maybe the cooler uniform will do the trick.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Not a bad move. I don't think Carr will be good anywhere he goes, but you can't blame the Panthers for getting the best QB available.

by BoneKrusher
          <DG> how metal unseen
          <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Carr will have a better career than Schaub.

Comment

ZOMGZ!!!!!!!!!

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                Smart move... if he can't get it together in Carolina... where will he? Maybe the cooler uniform will do the trick.
                If he can't get it done there, I think it is safe to assume he's not going to get it done period and he will be a career backup...

Comment

Risky move for him, but if he can win the job from Delhomme, it's probably going to be the best fit for him. We're going to find out just what Carr is made of. This is either going to the revival or the end of David Carr.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Good pickup by the panthers.

R.I.P Sean Taylor

Thanks to Renji for the AVI

Comment

Very good signing, Delhome is nearing the end, and isn't very good in the first place. I still think Carr is going to be a good QB in this league.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Originally posted by Emmitt Smith
                      Donít quit, donít even quit.

Comment

Nice move I have always been a Carr fan I hope he pans out. That being said this helps out the Chiefs in trying to unload Green Miami kept saying we can just go get Carr well they can't now and the Browns have been taking with Green about working out a deal let the bidding war start.
                        Last edited by Splat; 04-06-2007, 08:49 AM.

Comment

I don't think Carr is any good at all. A lot of the sacks WERE his fault, and for all the talk of him playing well this year, anyone in the NFL could complete whatever he did if they didn't throw over 5 yards EVER. But then again, we did see what Fox did with Delhomme, so you never know.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                          Originally posted by njx9
                          do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

omg, carr is like, so good and it was all the texans fault, there's just like, no way (no WAY) it was that carr just wasn't a very good nfl quarterback and won't succeed anywhere in the nfl.

i don't get the love surrounding this guy. he could spend the next 5 years throwing 30 ints and 2 touchdowns with an offensive line of hall of famers and people would still make weak excuses for his poor play.
                            The same thing could be said of your Vick fangirls.

Comment

Originally posted by eacantdraft View Post
                              The same thing could be said of your Vick fangirls.

Except Vick has shown at least the potential to be great, and has been on occasion, whereas Carr really hasn't, or at least not close to the degree Vick has.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Thank God he didn't sign with Miami. I didn't want another Harrington wanna be.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information