Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Carr is now a Carolina Panther

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Carr's gonna able to look downfield without people on top of him on his fourth drop step. I'd say good move. Not to mention the offensive weapons should be upgraded if they pick up Olsen, which seems like their only move....
    .... As long as Carr doesn't play with one thumb in his butt, he should drastically improve as a Panther.

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by BoltsOnTheBeach View Post
      Carr's gonna able to look downfield without people on top of him on his fourth drop step. I'd say good move. Not to mention the offensive weapons should be upgraded if they pick up Olsen, which seems like their only move....
      .... As long as Carr doesn't play with one thumb in his butt, he should drastically improve as a Panther.
      You don't get it, Carr had time to look down field this year. Yet, he still didn't take the shots and ended up forcing a lot of sacks with his indecision. It's not the O-line, it's him.

      Originally posted by Crazy_Chris
      It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
      Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
      http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
      421 Witness
      756*

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by jag View Post
        Please look to njx's post, there O-line was not that bad last year, he created alot of those sacks himself, by giving up on plays before his receivers had even broken off there routes. You need to actually watch him play before you can deliver your case against him, because right now your talking out of your ass.
        There O-line may not have been as bad but it was still bad, you cant deny that. All you have to do is watch how much time he gets. Yes he doesnt always trust his arm but in a better O-line he should regain his confidence.



        Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by neko4 View Post
          There O-line may not have been as bad but it was still bad, you cant deny that. All you have to do is watch how much time he gets. Yes he doesnt always trust his arm but in a better O-line he should regain his confidence.
          Confidence isn't just something that you can pull out of nowhere. It's that certain moxy that certain good Quarterbacks have. That's always been something that David's never had. That "it" factor, some Quarterbacks have it and some don't. It's not something you develop, it's something you have. And by this point in your career, you either have "it" or you don't. This is the time of your career when your supposed to be entering your prime, not hoping for a miracle.

          Originally posted by Crazy_Chris
          It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
          Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
          http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
          421 Witness
          756*

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by Sly View Post
            The man's got a point.
            "Hey Matt, welcome to the team. Here's your locker. Here are the showers. Here's the grave that you'll put one foot in playing behind our line."
            Like njx said, their line has improved. And it will continue to improve with Kubiak running things. Carr had a chance last year, and he just wasn't able to show progress. Cutler played behind a much worse line in Denver last year (both stating tackles out), and he broke rookie touchdown records. The line excuses have gone far enough..

            Comment


            • #66
              I love the move


              ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

              XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by JCutlery View Post
                Like njx said, their line has improved. And it will continue to improve with Kubiak running things. Carr had a chance last year, and he just wasn't able to show progress. Cutler played behind a much worse line in Denver last year, and he broke rookie touchdown records. The line excuses have gone far enough..
                The line in Houston was still terrible last year, this year it'll be a pretty good line so i dont think we'll ever get a chance to farily judge Schaub v. Carr



                Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

                Comment


                • #68
                  Seems like we have the same Carr debate once or twice a month.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by JCutlery View Post
                    Like njx said, their line has improved. And it will continue to improve with Kubiak running things. Carr had a chance last year, and he just wasn't able to show progress. Cutler played behind a much worse line in Denver last year (both stating tackles out), and he broke rookie touchdown records. The line excuses have gone far enough..
                    Talk about an exaggeration...the dude played 5 games. He didn't break squat.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by frisby213 View Post
                      Talk about an exaggeration...the dude played 5 games. He didn't break squat.
                      I did exaggerate it, my bad. But he did join Mark Rypien (1998) as the only players in league annals to throw at least two touchdown passes in each of his first three appearances. So he tied it, sorry again.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by JCutlery View Post
                        I did exaggerate it, my bad. But he did join Mark Rypien (1998) as the only players in league annals to throw at least two touchdown passes in each of his first three appearances. So he tied it, sorry again.
                        NP. He's gonna be a hell of a player next year though, I expect him to really shine.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by frisby213 View Post
                          NP. He's gonna be a hell of a player next year though, I expect him to really shine.
                          He's got some serious offensive weapons this year, maybe better than anything Plummer ever had.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by Geo View Post
                            One could do worse than checking down to DeAngelo Williams (ex. another Delhomme sack/forced fumble). I think the Panthers would serve themselves well by trying to incorporate him into the offense as a whole, as say Brian Westbrook.
                            I certainly wouldn't mind more passes to DeAngelo, he's at his best in the open field

                            That said, just because Carr's rep is to throw checkdowns doesn't mean he's any better in broken plays than Delhomme. In fact, he fumbles much more than Delhomme and everyone knows about his sack problems. Granted, Carolina's line isn't historically poor, but it's hardly any better than league average.

                            BlindSite, I mispoke about the Panthers' previous FA moves as it was early and I was tired. Maake is not a stats guy I know, but his play was not great beyond the stats. Average for what he does at best, not worth half his contract at worst. Still, I'm prepared to give him another shot as he wasn't the only guy on the Panthers who had a down year. That said, I was wrong to blast our FA moves. We always went after the people we wanted and the media just latched on the moves last year with hopes of riding us to the SB. Shaun Williams and Hartwig were by no means guys who were names moreso than players when they signed with us, though Williams was little of either. Also, hindsight 20/20, etc

                            Signing Carr just seems uncharacteristic to me compared to the way business has been done in the past (including last year I suppose), but maybe that's not a bad thing.

                            Word on the contract is 2 years/6 mil. A little pricey, but Delhomme's original contract was $2mil so if you adjust for inflation that's not bad for a quality back up

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              This is a great signing by the Panthers. Obviously he isn't going to start the season but I think he will take over at some point of the season and do well. The panthers actually have a Solid O-Line, a nice recieving core(aka Steve Smith), two young fast rb's, possibly Greg Olsen, and a good defense. All the things he never had on the texans.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                I view the move like this.

                                In Fresno the guy was perfect the only possible knock on his game was that he didn't always look to go deep when he should've which is still true.

                                That pointed to a lack of confidence in the people around him, something that understandably hasn't changed. Now that he's in carolina he'll have one of the best supporting casts in the NFL. Steve Smith, Keyshawn Johnson, DeAngelo Williams/Foster, a solid offensive line and an offensive scheme tailored to a QB needing help.

                                We know he's accurate, we know he's very mobile and we also know he's extremely tough. What we don't know is if his good arm and intelligence is up to the task of leading an offense and putting it all together years after being put on his ass and having to make snap decisions.

                                To be honest I think that once he played his first couple of games whether it be in the preseason or not, he'll get back some confidence, he'll get back into the groove of being able to have time and make some throws while he's got the NFL experience of knowing what to expect from defenses and in certain situations.

                                I fully expect Carr to eventually be the starter in Carolina and lead us somewhere. Before we made this move I looked at him play as much as I could and mental process wasn't his biggest fault.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information