No announcement yet.

David Carr is now a Carolina Panther

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't be surprised if, in an ironic twist of fate, he becomes a better quarterback because of his time in Houston. After having to adjust to having 2 seconds in the pocket to find his receiver and throw him the ball, having closer to the league-average is going to seem like an eternity. Maybe he learned it the hard way, but I bet he knows how to think fast, now. If he gets his confidence back, I think he'll be a top 10 QB in the league.

Comment

I still think Carr is alright and i think he'll be able to do something in Carolina. Good move in my opinion.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

Hopefully Fox starts Carr.

Then the inevitable suckage of Carr will resurface, and the Panthers will have a horrible season.

The Panthers will in turn fire John Fox.

And we'll hire him to replace Coughlin.

Come home Johnny boy. Theres a warm meal waiting for ya in Jersey. Its time to come home.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post

Then the inevitable suckage of Carr will resurface, and the Panthers will have a horrible season.

Come home Johnny boy. Theres a warm meal waiting for ya in Jersey. Its time to come home.
          Ohhhhh god bless you.

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris
          It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
          Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
          http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
          421 Witness
          756*

Comment

Originally posted by JCutlery View Post
            I did exaggerate it, my bad. But he did join Mark Rypien (1998) as the only players in league annals to throw at least two touchdown passes in each of his first three appearances. So he tied it, sorry again.
            It actually was 4.
            2 against Seattle
            2 against SD
            2 against Arizona
            2 against Cincy

and then 1 against SF.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
            Originally posted by njx9
            do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post

I don't even like the Giants and I want this to happen. There are very few people I hate more than Tom Coughlin.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Glad to see this happen.

Comment

I think this is a great move by Carolina. Carolina has a better O-line than Houston and they also look to keep their line together. Carr should do very well behind them and as the future of the franchise.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                  WHO DAT!

Comment

Nice pickup by Carolina. Carr needed a change of scenery and he'll have low expectations in Carolina. Groom him for a year or two and then toss him in there once Delhomme is finished. There isn't really much to lose with a pickup like this.

Comment

*shrug* vick made the playoffs. carr hasn't even sniffed 8-8.
                      oh yeah , the falcons played with eleven vicks in o# and eleven in d# , yeah it was vicks playoffrun ....

Comment

Is this really a surprise? My answer is no.

NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

Or @ least they had better be.

Comment

Good pickup. If Carr does well, than Offensive Linemen everywhere are going to be sniffing the bucks. I mean if he suddenly were to come a pro bowler it would basically scream how important the OL really is.

Though him suddenly being a pro bowler could just as easily be explained by his moving from the AFC to the NFC, where offense came and died a couple of years ago.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

well one could do worse than having steve smith and keyshawn to throw the ball to. I thnk he is better than delhomme but he wont start until he learns the system well.

Originally posted by mythbusta
                            i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
                            who dey?

Comment

Something I just thought of that I've brought up in David Carr threads before...

What exactly is the difference between Carr and his Tedford product counterpart Joey Harrington? Why is Carr given every excuse in the world, yet people rip on Harrington?

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                                Something I just thought of that I've brought up in David Carr threads before...

What exactly is the difference between Carr and his Tedford product counterpart Joey Harrington? Why is Carr given every excuse in the world, yet people rip on Harrington?
                                I think ive come up with an answer to this question.

This is a draft website. So many times, we see players with great measureables being overrated by people on this site. Thats because its a draft website. The average poster here puts too much emphasis on measureables and thinks that players with great measureables are almost always great players, when that is simply not true.

And thats why Carr gets a pass. He was supposed to be great. He has all the measureables you look for.

But measureables are the most overrated aspect of qb'ing. And so many people fail to see that. Look no further than this draft as a perfect example. JaMarcus Russell MUST be the #1 pick. I mean, he could throw it 80 yards!!!

...forget the fact that his work ethic isn't great, nor is his decision making. All that goes out the window. He can fling it, and he's gonna be the #1 pick because of his "ceiling".

And if he busts, you better believe that the same Carr sympathizers will show up at Russell's doorstep. Blaming Oakland's front office, coaching, oline etc. Because anytime a great athlete disappoints, we make extra excuses for him. His athleticism meant he was supposed to be great. And when it doesn't work out that way, we look for excuses. We look to point the finger at someone else. It can't be HIS fault. Thats just how we think as draftniks.
                                Last edited by bigbluedefense; 04-07-2007, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information