Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oakland pursuing McCown?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors

The Oakland Raiders have zeroed in on a veteran quarterback they would like to acquire while they ponder the possibility of drafting LSU quarterback JaMarcus Russell.

Oakland has entered into trade negotiations with Detroit Lions backup quarterback Josh McCown, who signed last season with the idea of being a starter, but lost the job early to Jon Kitna.

I think its showing more and more they are not liking russel. Mccown,shaub,carr,garcia.

Comment

we've been discussing this for a while in the team forum. I think this trade will happen.

Comment

Ive always liked him. Threw alot of picks, but is a good QB

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Maybe this means Mike Williams can make the roster at WR.

Hahahahahahaha....

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out, as it could give us a stronger indication as to what the Raiders and Lions may pursue in the draft. McCown's a decent talent, but he certainly does not the franchise QB that they need.

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
              It'll be interesting to see how it plays out, as it could give us a stronger indication as to what the Raiders and Lions may pursue in the draft. McCown's a decent talent, but he certainly does not the franchise QB that they need.

No one knows how good he will be if given a full season though and i expect the raiders O-line to be much improved

Comment

I think this also opens a good possibility of Detroit then taking JaMarcus Russell after Oakland selects CJ, clearly not needing a 1st round QB with McCown's acquisition.

Comment

I really don't think this changes a whole lot, McCown is not a longterm answer for either team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                    I really don't think this changes a whole lot, McCown is not a longterm answer for either team.
                    I know, but it just adds to the idea that their interest is in CJ. And with Detroit only having Kitna, Russell would make a whole lot of sense all of the sudden.

Comment

Originally posted by JCutlery View Post
                      I know, but it just adds to the idea that their interest is in CJ. And with Detroit only having Kitna, Russell would make a whole lot of sense all of the sudden.
                      Detroit will need a young QB regardless, I don't think moving McCown changes anything.

As for Oakland, I suppose that McCown could be a sign against Russell, but I'm not sure anyone really buys McCown as a guy that can be a longterm answer.

Comment

Oakland was going to add another quarterback regardless of whether they intend to draft Russell or CJ. I think that the fact that they tried to trade for Schaub is the most telling sign.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post

I disagree you would be amazed when some QBs get to start a season what they can do.

Comment

Is McCown the ex-Cardinals QB who a couple years ago threw that miracle touchdown pass on the last play to beat the Vikings and end their playoff hopes?

Comment

Originally posted by Tha rizzock View Post
                              I disagree you would be amazed when some QBs get to start a season what they can do.
                              For every one guy like that there are 100 that still suck.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information