Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oakland pursuing McCown?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Well, I guess this means no Calvin Johnson to Oakland...

    ...wait, is he gonna be a WR or QB?

    by BoneKrusher
    <DG> how metal unseen
    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

    Comment


    • #17
      Maybe I'm the only one, but I think Tim Rattay would be the best stopgap type QB for the Raiders considering he has worked with Knapp for years before and knows the offense like the back of his hand, having played in it virtually his whole career.
      aka KGB Chicken

      Comment


      • #18
        i hope this means CJ to the raiders


        "Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
        @SirStackAlot707

        Comment


        • #19
          I hate how people view Eli Manning as a long term answer, but someone with an equal skill set, McCown, as a spot starter.
          Coors cold hard facts: Adrian Peterson runs like a little girl. Brady Quinn can't throw on the run. Josh Wilson is going to be a star. CJ is perfect.

          Comment


          • #20
            Russell isn't as much of a slam dunk to Oakland as it seemed at first..
            As for McCown...I haven't mentioned this here, but I'm a major Vikings fan aside from being a Patriots fan....I watched McCown ruin a season for my Vikes. I'm not a big fan of the guy. However, he's a pretty decent starter if you want a guy for a year or two. He would be pretty good for the Raiders.

            R.I.P. Junior Seau

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
              but I'm not sure anyone really buys McCown as a guy that can be a longterm answer.
              Oh no way, they will likely use a first-day pick on a quarterback. Trent Edwards is nice local kid, he'd be a good pick in the 3rd round.

              Comment


              • #22
                I liked Mcnown for the Cards. He clearly had worse stats than Warner, but our win percentage under him was so much better. At the time I didn't think we should have let him leave, but after drafting Leinart I was ok with it.

                I'm not sure if he can become a good starter with Oakland, but its worth taking a chance. They just need a backup option.
                Originally posted by nobodyinparticular
                #1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.

                Comment


                • #23
                  I think a lot of ppl are giving McCown too much credit. I highly doubt anyone in the Raiders organization is looking at him as a long term solution at QB. It is possible however, that they have decided to go with CJ and want to bring in some younger competition for Walter in the hopes that one of them might emerge before either addressing the QB situation in FA or next years draft.

                  Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
                  Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Komp View Post
                    I think a lot of ppl are giving McCown too much credit. I highly doubt anyone in the Raiders organization is looking at him as a long term solution at QB. It is possible however, that they have decided to go with CJ and want to bring in some younger competition for Walter in the hopes that one of them might emerge before either addressing the QB situation in FA or next years draft.
                    It will be an open QB compitition if we get mccown. Walter,mccown,kolb or edwards.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      McCown is just a back-up I still think Raiders will take JaMarcus Russell
                      Taking a Knapp.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Suprise of the draft anyone?

                        Raiders select Joe Thomas!!!!!!!

                        It could happen

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I seriosly doubt that they will take Joe Thomas, If this trade happens, i could see them taking CJesus, and then Kalil in the 2nd. I also do not think that the lions would take Russel, he just doesn't seem like the type of QB for Martzs Offense.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                            Maybe this means Mike Williams can make the roster at WR.




                            Hahahahahahaha....
                            Good one dicknose!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Homicide View Post
                              Suprise of the draft anyone?

                              Raiders select Joe Thomas!!!!!!!

                              It could happen


                              theres no chance the raiders take him even if he's a great lineman

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Notredameleo View Post
                                I seriosly doubt that they will take Joe Thomas, If this trade happens, i could see them taking CJesus, and then Kalil in the 2nd. I also do not think that the lions would take Russel, he just doesn't seem like the type of QB for Martzs Offense.

                                kalil? why would the raiders need another center?


                                I agree though not a chance the raiders gra thomas althugh i wouldnt mind.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information