No announcement yet.

Oakland pursuing McCown?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think Detroit makes this trade. Detroit wants Oakland to take Russell at #1 so they have better leverage to make a deal down. Why would Detroit trade Oakland a QB if they want them to take one #1 overall? Detroit would have to get a day one pick to make this beneficial to them.

I don't see it happening.
    R.I.P. L.E.F.
    "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
      I don't think Detroit makes this trade. Detroit wants Oakland to take Russell at #1 so they have better leverage to make a deal down. Why would Detroit trade Oakland a QB if they want them to take one #1 overall? Detroit would have to get a day one pick to make this beneficial to them.

I don't see it happening.
      so just becuse oakland gets mccown it would make that much of a diffrence? I highly doubt it. The raiders can get other vetrans if not mccown if one team is set on someone they want him regaurdless dude.

Comment

Reguardless of who plays Quarterback for the Raiders, they are going to struggle. Dan Marino couldn't turn this team around. The Raiders have had success in the past, but they keep looking to make one big transaction to turn the team around (Randy Moss trade). They need to realize that it is going to take more then one transaction to help them out. When they put things together, they'll be alright.

Comment

Hell yeah Raiders need a center, Jake Grove has been flat out awful ever since he came into this league he can’t even snap the damn ball. And Newberry hasn’t been healthy in a long ass time. Ryan Kalil who is already familiar with Lane Kiffin would be a great pick for the Raiders at #33

but don’t be surprised he if goes in the 1st round
          Last edited by NIN1984; 04-06-2007, 10:32 PM.
          Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Originally posted by Tha rizzock View Post
            kalil? why would the raiders need another center?

I agree though not a chance the raiders gra thomas althugh i wouldnt mind.
            They only signed Newberry to a one year contract and Grove could possibly move back to guard, so Kalil wouldn't be a bad pick considering he is one of the most fundamentally sound lineman in the draft.

Comment

Kalil would make a lot of sense. Grove is a major dissapointment who may be moved back to guard and theres a good chance he wont be resigned when his contract is up. I dont think he fits into our long term plans. Newberry has all kinds of injury problems and hes on a 1 year deal and doesnt have much time left. Kalil would be great in the ZBS and hes familiar with Kiffin.

Comment

Would Oakland grab Staley over Kalil if he was there in the second?

Comment

Originally posted by 255979119 View Post
                  Would Oakland grab Staley over Kalil if he was there in the second?
                  I think he'd be a better value, especially considering that zone blocking centers can usually be found much later in drafts. That said, I don't think there is even a remote chance that Staley last that long.

Comment

Originally posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
                    Kalil would make a lot of sense. Grove is a major dissapointment who may be moved back to guard and theres a good chance he wont be resigned when his contract is up. I dont think he fits into our long term plans. Newberry has all kinds of injury problems and hes on a 1 year deal and doesnt have much time left. Kalil would be great in the ZBS and hes familiar with Kiffin.

Grove is a ZBS center and was good up until last season. Him and gallery are under contract untill 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by mfkrush View Post
                      Reguardless of who plays Quarterback for the Raiders, they are going to struggle. Dan Marino couldn't turn this team around. The Raiders have had success in the past, but they keep looking to make one big transaction to turn the team around (Randy Moss trade). They need to realize that it is going to take more then one transaction to help them out. When they put things together, they'll be alright.
                      well...one transaction here...one transaction there...next thing you know its 3 years later and the raiders are back in the playoffs. :)

I would love to get McCown. It would give us the option to draft CJ.

I actually dont even want to pick up a QB this year. Lets work on our Oline and wait until next year. The talent at QB this year will be available next year. Plus, lets let Walter and McCown battle it out, then play behind a serviceable line and see how good they can be. You never know.

Trade Randy Moss for some picks next year...just in case. Plus keeps the seat open for CJ. Porter/Curry/CJ? Sounds like a vicious receiving core.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                        Maybe this means Mike Williams can make the roster at WR.

Hahahahahahaha....
                        I love this post! Its BRILLIANT without being pretentious... :D !

I like the thought of trading for McNown, the Raiders have so many problems on the offensive side I don't really see Russell as the missing link as it were. Best case for the Raiders is trading out and acquiring more picks or getting Calvin Johnson. Moss, Porter and Johnson could be outstanding as long as they get the offensive line to pass block and maybe get a running game going. Besides they could bring in Walters to QB and Josh could be the 4th wideout, ahh the trickery that could ensue.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                        On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by Tha rizzock View Post
                          Grove is a ZBS center and was good up until last season. Him and gallery are under contract untill 2009.
                          Grove at this point isn't any kind of center, much less a ZBS center. He's been underwhelming since joining the Raiders and took a major step backward last year. I can't help but think that in a zone blocking scheme he's much better suited for guard.

Comment

Wouldn't mind him at all, better tahn Bledsoe and Rattay. Also better upgrade than Andrew Walter. This could be a sign the Raiders trade for a vetern QB who could groom Jamarcus Russell.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKnGOLD View Post
                              I hate how people view Eli Manning as a long term answer, but someone with an equal skill set, McCown, as a spot starter.
                              give me a break..... sorry, but that is riddiculus. shut your mouth

Comment

Originally posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
                                give me a break..... sorry, but that is riddiculus. shut your mouth
                                Homer!!!!! :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                                On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                                Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information