No announcement yet.

Oakland pursuing McCown?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if this deal does happen which it probably will the lions will have 5 5th round picks in the draft!!!!
    this is the year!

Comment

or instead of a 5th for McCown, what is its a 2nd or a 3rd or a 3/4 combo for both Mike WIlliams and McCown, allowing them to take Russell and have him backup learn from McCown for a year, and giving them another WR.

could happen, neither Williams or McCown showed up for training day 1. could be they are getting physicals.

Comment

Originally posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
        give me a break..... sorry, but that is riddiculus. shut your mouth
        lol that's hilarious. I probably would take McCown, now that I think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by reinar View Post
          or instead of a 5th for McCown, what is its a 2nd or a 3rd or a 3/4 combo for both Mike WIlliams and McCown, allowing them to take Russell and have him backup learn from McCown for a year, and giving them another WR.

could happen, neither Williams or McCown showed up for training day 1. could be they are getting physicals.
          I'll take anything but Mike Williams. I do like your idea though.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

I guess since the Raiders scrape the bottom of the barrel for coaches, they figure they can do the same thing for their QB's. And people wonder why the Raiders are a shell of their glory days.

Senile Al is so set in his ways, that his once proud franchise is a joke. How many QB's are the Raiders going to pass on in the 1st round while they sign guys who haven't played in years, were mid round draft pick flame outs with other teams?

Comment

Originally posted by eacantdraft View Post
              I guess since the Raiders scrape the bottom of the barrel for coaches, they figure they can do the same thing for their QB's. And people wonder why the Raiders are a shell of their glory days.

Senile Al is so set in his ways, that his once proud franchise is a joke. How many QB's are the Raiders going to pass on in the 1st round while they sign guys who haven't played in years, were mid round draft pick flame outs with other teams?
              Drafting McCown does not equal passing on Russell.

The theory is that McCown holds down the fort till Russell is ready. For a 4th or 5th rounder, it doesn't seem like a bad price. Unless you have evidence they are ready to anoint McCown the QB of the future?

Comment

wow...

If there was a prize for "Biggest Anti-Raider Poster" you'd win hands down.

And you have no idea who Oakland is going to draft. I still think JR is the front runner to go #1 over CJ at this point by a fair margain.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
                Originally posted by Scott Wright
                Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

Exactly the way I feel about the Raiders. They need to step up and make a move for the future.....McCown/Collins/Brooks/Walter/whoever else will not put buts in the seats......JR will.

Comment

McCown is average at best and Adam Schefter has been reporting that if he does go to Oakland he would be the starter until JaMarcus is ready. I can't see McCown altering the draft plans and the only way I see Calvin Johnson being selected is if we trade Moss.

Comment

Originally posted by skatman View Post
                      Drafting McCown does not equal passing on Russell.

The theory is that McCown holds down the fort till Russell is ready. For a 4th or 5th rounder, it doesn't seem like a bad price. Unless you have evidence they are ready to anoint McCown the QB of the future?

Many insiders, including Scott, say the Raidahs are leaning toward CJ.

You never know what goes through Al Davis's mind. Wasn't Andrew Walter the "franchise" QB of the future?

Now the Raiders are trying to get a guy who flunked out with two teams.

Comment

Many insiders, including Scott, say the Raidahs are leaning toward CJ.

You never know what goes through Al Davis's mind.
                        Anyone else see a problem with these two statements? Some slight inconsistency?

'Many Insiders'? I know I heard Clayton say that.

And I heard Kirwan and Schefter say they think the Raiders are leaning towards Russell.

We choose the insiders we want to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas7399 View Post
                          Exactly the way I feel about the Raiders. They need to step up and make a move for the future.....McCown/Collins/Brooks/Walter/whoever else will not put buts in the seats......JR will.
                          No Calvin Johnson will put butts in seats. The guy is a freak of nature and if you really want to pass up on the best player in the draft like HOU did last year and screw up your whole team, be my guest, but with CJ all you do is throw it 2 him and he'll find a way to catch. OAK will also be able to rid themselves of scar tissues like Moss and Porter allowing Curry to prove his ability. CJ like Bush, like Jerry Rice will have an immediate impact on a team.

Dont believe me about his skills go to youtube.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                            No Calvin Johnson will put butts in seats. The guy is a freak of nature and if you really want to pass up on the best player in the draft like HOU did last year and screw up your whole team, be my guest, but with CJ all you do is throw it 2 him and he'll find a way to catch. OAK will also be able to rid themselves of scar tissues like Moss and Porter allowing Curry to prove his ability. CJ like Bush, like Jerry Rice will have an immediate impact on a team.

Dont believe me about his skills go to youtube.
                            Weren't you the one that wanted scar tissue like Randy Moss on your team?

Nothing fills seats like winning. Name players only works for so long. If the loosing continues, the name players novelty wears off real fast.

Back to the Raiders and a QB. How many times have they past of a QB in the first round when they need them? How many times have they tried to get another teams reject thinking they could make him into the next Jim Plunkett?

It would not surprise me to see the Raiders thinking that McNown could be their starters. Al is so set in his ways he can't adapt to the changing times. That is why the Raiders have only made the playoffs 6 times since 1986. One of the worst rates in the league.

Comment

err....

I really don't see how you can prove/justify that the Raiders are looking at McCown as the long term solution at QB. Almost all of the mocks [including Scott's] have them taking JR. And if they do decide to go with CJ at #1 [which I personally don't see] it won't be b/c they want to build the franchise with McCown [if they do indeed pick him up], it will be because they just could not resist CJ. The only way I see them proving your theory right is if they offer McCown a big fat 4 year deal or something. Other than that what you are saying doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
                              Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

I think if there is a trade between the Lions and the Raiders it will go down either on draft day or right before draft day.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information