Oakland pursuing McCown?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Komp View Post
    I really don't see how you can prove/justify that the Raiders are looking at McCown as the long term solution at QB. Almost all of the mocks [including Scott's] have them taking JR. And if they do decide to go with CJ at #1 [which I personally don't see] it won't be b/c they want to build the franchise with McCown [if they do indeed pick him up], it will be because they just could not resist CJ. The only way I see them proving your theory right is if they offer McCown a big fat 4 year deal or something. Other than that what you are saying doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
    Have you checked out the latest mock draft by Scott? He said last week in a thread it looks like the Raiders are leaning toward CJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Komp View Post
      If there was a prize for "Biggest Anti-Raider Poster" you'd win hands down.

And you have no idea who Oakland is going to draft. I still think JR is the front runner to go #1 over CJ at this point by a fair margain.
      I guess I don't broadcast it as much on this board, but my hate for the Raiders is threatening to corrupt my soul. Or at least it used to.

Did you guys know that over the last 3 years the Raiders have more losses than the Chargers did during the Ryan Leaf era? It makes them harder to hate.

Comment

Calvin Johnson will make any QB look good.

Too bad Raiders don't have the balls to draft Joe Thomas and put Gallery at Right Tackle, because I think they have the worst O-line in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post

Too bad Raiders don't have the balls to draft Joe Thomas and put Gallery at Right Tackle, because I think they have the worst O-line in the league.
          they are moving Gallery back to RT.and moving Sims back to LT.Cable is the new Oline coach so I expect that last comment you made to change by the end of the season.
          "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

To me the right call would be for the Raiders to trade down a few spots (If they can find a taker) and draft Joe Thomas IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
              they are moving Gallery back to RT.and moving Sims back to LT.Cable is the new Oline coach so I expect that last comment you made to change by the end of the season.
              Well, hopefully for them their o-line steps it up this year.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen View Post
                I guess I don't broadcast it as much on this board, but my hate for the Raiders is threatening to corrupt my soul. Or at least it used to.

Did you guys know that over the last 3 years the Raiders have more losses than the Chargers did during the Ryan Leaf era? It makes them harder to hate.
                The Raiders are like watching an over the hill, flabby former boxing champ stumbling and bumbling in the ring while being pounded by a younger contender.

Comment

Russell sitting behind a vet QB for a year like Rivers and Palmer would be the best thing for him.

Comment

Originally posted by eacantdraft View Post
                    The Raiders are like watching an over the hill, flabby former boxing champ stumbling and bumbling in the ring while being pounded by a younger contender.
                    And you're like Bill Murray from Groundhog Day, same routine(posts) everyday. Vick this, Al Davis that.
                    Last edited by slightlyaraiderfan; 04-12-2007, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stillaraiderfan View Post
                      And you're like Bill Murray from Groundhog Day, same routine(posts) everyday. Vick this, Al Davis that.
                      so true.(10)
                      "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
                        What makes you say that? Atlanta's O-Line has been pretty abysmal at pass protection the past few years.

Comment

still better than Oaklands.And I dont think they will be last in the league in sacks.Of course having Michael Vick helps.

Comment

I wouldn't go that far. He didn't exactly make Reggie Ball look good.

Comment

Reggie Ball was beyond help.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
                                I wouldn't go that far. He didn't exactly make Reggie Ball look good.
                                Can you imagine Ball without Johnson? I'm sure CJ made him look considerably better.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information