Oakland pursuing McCown?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splat
    started a topic Oakland pursuing McCown?

Oakland pursuing McCown?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors

The Oakland Raiders have zeroed in on a veteran quarterback they would like to acquire while they ponder the possibility of drafting LSU quarterback JaMarcus Russell.

Oakland has entered into trade negotiations with Detroit Lions backup quarterback Josh McCown, who signed last season with the idea of being a starter, but lost the job early to Jon Kitna.

• reinar
    replied
    i dont think the lions are asking to much for him, I think they are waiting until oakland has signed a contract with Russell, or given them more then they are asking for in order to trade him prior to the contract or drafting of Russell at #1.

then i see McCown going to mentor him, get 4-6 games as a starter, and be replaced just like Cutler, Leinert & Young last year. we get our trade pickup, and we get rid of McCown who is gone next year anyhows.

we then pick up a 3-4th rounder to replace, mentor under Kitna for 2-3 years, and takeover (edwards, stanton anyone?) if not, then im happy to wait til next years QB pack to draft from.

Leave a comment:

• BigDawg819
    replied
    You guys do know you're arguing about the Raiders right?

Leave a comment:

• portermvp84
    replied
    The lions are asking too much for him, we won't trade for him. We'll most likly sign Rattay.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    the raiders aren't gonna trade for mccown. I do think they need to find a way to get a veteran quarterback to tutor Russell

Leave a comment:

• Splat
    replied
    I can't believe this thread is still on the first page.

Leave a comment:

• BlindSite
    replied
    I'd take it, I don't mind McCown and if you guys draft someone later in the day that's falling atleast you've got someone who can be competitive while he becomes NFL ready.

Leave a comment:

• NIN1984
    replied
    So Lions want a 5th round pick for McCown...

I'll pass

Leave a comment:

• portermvp84
    replied
    Originally posted by Komp View Post
    You will die before Al will....we both know that....can someone lock this thread or something, its not even constructive anymore...
    I second that.

Leave a comment:

• skatman
    replied
    I'm sorry:

"Blastphomy"?

Leave a comment:

• eacantdraft
    replied
    Originally posted by Addict View Post
    Walter? compete? With JR? I think you're kinda overrating Andrew Walter.

That comes from a guy who has Randy Moss in his sig.
    Look out, the Jake Moss fan girls are going to circle you and tear you apart for blastphomy.

Leave a comment:

• NIN1984
    replied
    I don't think the McCown talk is even true anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Addict
    replied
    Originally posted by teneight View Post
    everyone saying they should trade for him...lol we are just getting other teams 'trash'. draft Jmac..get a real vet and let all 3 of them compete (walter, vet, and jmac).

mcnown is no one really
    Walter? compete? With JR? I think you're kinda overrating Andrew Walter.

Originally posted by teneight View Post
    he is overrated and has done nothing to earn the job.
    That comes from a guy who has Randy Moss in his sig.

Leave a comment:

• teneight
    replied
    everyone saying they should trade for him...lol we are just getting other teams 'trash'. draft Jmac..get a real vet and let all 3 of them compete (walter, vet, and jmac).

mcnown is no one really

Leave a comment:

• teneight
    replied
    i really hope we dont get him. he is overrated and has done nothing to earn the job.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information