Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players conduct committee

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/10112790

"(April 6, 2007) -- NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell in conjunction with the NFL Players Association has established the first NFL Player Advisory Council to advise the commissioner on a regular basis on a wide range of issues that affect players.

The six members of the council were selected by the NFLPA. It is comprised of safety Donovin Darius of the Jacksonville Jaguars, fullback Tony Richardson of the Minnesota Vikings, center Jeff Saturday of the Indianapolis Colts, linebacker Takeo Spikes of the Philadelphia Eagles, wide receiver James Thrash of the Washington Redskins, and free-agent safety Troy Vincent, who is president of the NFL Players Association.

The Player Advisory Council will meet regularly throughout the year with Commissioner Goodell and NFLPA Executive Director Gene Upshaw to discuss competition on the field, player safety, medical and health issues, player conduct, retired player issues, and other matters."

Who would you nominate for this committee?

PS - Don't say Adam Jones, Chris Henry, or any other thug. That would be extremely lame and predictable.

How does a guy like Donovin Darius get on this committee?

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
      How does a guy like Donovin Darius get on this committee?
      Same here

Yay! Congrats James Thrash

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Donovan Darius is an upstanding citizen in the Jacksonville community. That was one hit that he clearly regrets.

Comment

When I saw this I immediately assumed Vincnet would be on it. He's been the NFLPA leader for a while. Spikes is cool to see on it.

Comment

Little hard to believe that Darius was put on that committee but I guess he derserves it for some reason I don't know.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
              Donovan Darius is an upstanding citizen in the Jacksonville community. That was one hit that he clearly regrets.
              Still, you would think that they would pick somebody who doesn't have something like that looming over them.

Comment

Still, you would think that they would pick somebody who doesn't have something like that looming over them.
                That is certainly a valid argument. I agree. But maybe what he does behind the scenes is just that big a deal and he was a blaringly obvious choice.

The way I see it, it was an accident. It happened. It's over. That's about it.

Comment

half of those guys were on the eagles at some point in time.

Comment

I don't think it's an issue. It's a play in the past that he has apologized for. He's a classy guy, a vet, and a leader.

by BoneKrusher
                    <DG> how metal unseen
                    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Darius is one of the nicest people you could meet. He cares deeply for the fans, to the point of organizing activities between himself and whichever fans wish who to participate. He occasionally drops in on the official team messageboard. He has been a strong voice in the community. He has been Jaguars' representative to the NFLPA for one season.

Clearly the Commissioner and the Players Association value these traits more then the brief events of a single game that occured two and a half years ago.

Comment

I will always hate Darius for his hit on Ferguson.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

Originally posted by jackalope View Post
                          I will always hate Darius for his hit on Ferguson.
                          Ferguson's over it. Maybe you should get over it, too.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                            Ferguson's over it. Maybe you should get over it, too.
                            I found that funny.

I would nominate Warrick Dunn. The guy does so much charity work. He has had many homes built for single mothers with children. The man deserves some recognition for this.

Comment

The homer in me would definitely think Deuce McAllister would be ideal for such a committee.
                              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information