No announcement yet.

Best current MLB is...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryans season last year was a playmaking and highly impressive year, and even i would agree that it was better than all of Vilma's. but one season isn't a trend, lets see if it continues before he gets title of best MLB

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
    You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

• It's Brian Urlacher. And while it is by a fair margin, it's not "by a landslide and this question shouldn't even be asked" kind of margin some people are making it to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
        It's Brian Urlacher. And while it is by a fair margin, it's not "by a landslide and this question shouldn't even be asked" kind of margin some people are making it to be.
        It's not close, it's not even close to being close. Sure it might not be as wide as some people make it seem, it's still not close.

sig by VLS
        Originally posted by Smokey Joe
        I don't care...

Comment

• The only people who insist that it "isn't close to being close" are Bears fans. You have a few knowledgeable and unbiased posters who have Urlacher as the second best linebacker in this thread, yet Bears fans insist that Urlacher is by far the best and no one is even worth mentioning in the same paragraph. Get over yourselves. You have the best MLB in the league, be happy with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moses View Post
            I think it's hard to put ANY defensive player ahead of Lawrence Taylor. He is a player that essentially changed the way the game is played.
            I agree LT is the best LB ever and maybe the best defender ever. Ray Lewis would be somewhere from 2nd to 4th on my list of all time LBs.

Comment

The only people who insist that it "isn't close to being close" are Bears fans. You have a few knowledgeable and unbiased posters who have Urlacher as the second best linebacker in this thread, yet Bears fans insist that Urlacher is by far the best and no one is even worth mentioning in the same paragraph. Get over yourselves. You have the best MLB in the league, be happy with that.
              I agree. You can make arguments for a number of guys including Donnie Edwards and Ray Lewis, both who have had more decorated careers than Urlacher.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moses View Post
                I think it's hard to put ANY defensive player ahead of Lawrence Taylor. He is a player that essentially changed the way the game is played.
                I find it hard to put any player period in front of LT.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

• How is Trotter not on the list. Anyways I'm gonna pick Vilma.

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88

Comment

• Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                    It's Urlacher as of now on that list, and in the NFL. Yes, he has his flaws, but he does a lot of things at an extremely high level to compensate.

Ray Lewis has declined a bit (I don't think he's the best ILB talent on the team), as has Zach Thomas and Al Wilson. London Fletcher as well, although it's been a few years since I really thought of London as a top MLB. Mike Peterson was more of a solid-good backer, than someone worthy of a top backer discussion, and Tatupu/Ryans are still a bit green for me to be considered, but could be there in time. Vilma needs to better adjust to the 3-4. DJ Williams, if he moves inside, could draw consideration by the end of next year.

Any top current MLB/ILB discussion should involve Antonio Pierce and Bart Scott. Depending on the size of the list, Trotter, Nick Barnett, and Wil Witherspoon could be in the mix as well. Probably a couple names I'm missing, but that covers most of it.
                    I don't see how you could say that Mike Peterson isn't someone worthy in a top backer discussion, but Nick Barnett and Will Witherspoon are.

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                      I don't see how you could say that Mike Peterson isn't someone worthy in a top backer discussion, but Nick Barnett and Will Witherspoon are.
                      ROFL Peterson iz a WILL he sux at MIKE lol u iz stoopid. Witherspoon=tru MIKE never WILL & Barnett=Packer nuff said

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

The only people who insist that it "isn't close to being close" are Bears fans. You have a few knowledgeable and unbiased posters who have Urlacher as the second best linebacker in this thread, yet Bears fans insist that Urlacher is by far the best and no one is even worth mentioning in the same paragraph. Get over yourselves. You have the best MLB in the league, be happy with that.
                        I'm tell you, the Bears going to the Super Bowl was the worst thing that could happen to this forum! :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                        On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                          I'm tell you, the Bears going to the Super Bowl was the worst thing that could happen to this forum! :D
                          Good thing they got smoked ;) lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
                            How is Trotter not on the list. Anyways I'm gonna pick Vilma.
                            After last season, I'm not surprised he's not on the list. Given what he has done over his career, he should be on the list, but anyone who thinks he is the best MLB in the NFL right now I would strongly disagree with. He's pretty much the opposite of Donnie Edwards, he's great against the run(although not this season), but has little to no coverage ability. He's good in our scheme but there are plenty of LB's who can do both who are more valuable. Trotter is a thumper, he's not able to make plays sideline to sideline, but he anchors the middle. He may be the best in that category, but he shouldn't be mentioned as the best, at this point he's maybe top 10 if he plays better this season.

Comment

• I think the answer to this is clearly Urlacher, although I wish people would give Zach Thomas a little more respect.
                              Sig Size Restriction, see rules.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information