• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok I'll guess again, Florida State? :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

tOSU? Michigan? LOLL
      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

USC...the gamecocks of course. :D

Comment

Andre Lott related to him?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Ronnie Lott is the man, he was so tough and such a huge hitter. One of the fiercest competitors in any sport.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen View Post
              USC...the gamecocks of course. :D
              LMAO! :D :D Someone remind me to positive rep this post when I can rep again.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
              On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
              Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by elway777 View Post
                Actually his son, Ryan Nece, went to UCLA. I believe he's still on the bucaneers today.
                He has been starting strong side for the last 2 years with some spot duties before that. Doin a pretty decent job as well.

Comment

Sorry but this is the man who set the standard for safety play.

If there was a man who would be alongside Ronnie Lott as his fellow safety it would be this man.

Paul James Krause. . .Redskins’ No. 2 draft pick, 1964. . . Outstanding rookie year, led league with 12 interceptions, named All-Pro. . .Retired as history’s all-time interception leader with 81. . . Traded to Vikings for player and draft pick, 1968. . .Played in eight Pro Bowls. . .All-NFL four times. . .All-Eastern Conference 1964, 1965. . .All-NFC five times. . . Started at free safety in four Super Bowls, five NFL/NFC championship games. . .Born February 19, 1942, in Flint, Michigan.

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/me...?player_id=116

Krause is the career leader in Interceptions and overall Turnover totals recording 100 takeaways in 226 games.

It is quite simply the worst thing we ever did as a team to let him go to Minnesota. In his first four seasons in Washington he had 28 Interceptions.

He was a great player and probably goes under the radar of most people here.
                  Last edited by flave1969; 04-08-2007, 07:38 AM.

Comment

He could cover, he could hit, and he could make plays. Perfect safety. He set the standard for safeties. Not that he was limited to that position. He could play anywhere on the field. Really ahead of his time.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by flave1969 View Post
                      Sorry but this is the man who set the standard for safety play.

If there was a man who would be alongside Ronnie Lott as his fellow safety it would be this man.

Paul James Krause. . .Redskins’ No. 2 draft pick, 1964. . . Outstanding rookie year, led league with 12 interceptions, named All-Pro. . .Retired as history’s all-time interception leader with 81. . . Traded to Vikings for player and draft pick, 1968. . .Played in eight Pro Bowls. . .All-NFL four times. . .All-Eastern Conference 1964, 1965. . .All-NFC five times. . . Started at free safety in four Super Bowls, five NFL/NFC championship games. . .Born February 19, 1942, in Flint, Michigan.

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/me...?player_id=116

Krause is the career leader in Interceptions and overall Turnover totals recording 100 takeaways in 226 games.

It is quite simply the worst thing we ever did as a team to let him go to Minnesota. In his first four seasons in Washington he had 28 Interceptions.

He was a great player and probably goes under the radar of most people here.

There definately were safeties that were great before him. You can even say that Jack Tatum helped influence Ronnie Lott's approach to defending the middle of the field etc. So Ronnie Lott wasn't the first.

But he is the gold standard by which all safeties are compared to. And yes, the Redskins definately made a mistake. We also made a mistake trading Huff. I don't know what the Giants were thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                        Keith Lewis is awesome.

Heh, I remember thinking when watching some Niner games last season "I've gotta cut back on my Madden gaming" as whenever I saw Lewis, he reminded me of those backup scrubs in Madden with no gear on other than his helmet and pads :)

Comment

I loved Ronnie Lott because he revoloutionized the safety position and my fav. player (Dawkins) plays like him and w/o Lott the safety position would just be the "safety net" and safety is my fav. position

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08

Comment

Originally posted by OzTitan View Post
                            Heh, I remember thinking when watching some Niner games last season "I've gotta cut back on my Madden gaming" as whenever I saw Lewis, he reminded me of those backup scrubs in Madden with no gear on other than his helmet and pads :)
                            He's the ungloved assassin..

Comment

Ronnie Lott recieves (and deserves) the proper amount of appreciation in my opinion. I wish Kenny Easley, who was in the same draft as Lott, and who many thought to be better than Lott in his prime seasons (he was better physically, 6'3'' with a 4.45 40 time, and was voted DPOY in 83 or 84), would get his due.
                              aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                                There definately were safeties that were great before him. You can even say that Jack Tatum helped influence Ronnie Lott's approach to defending the middle of the field etc. So Ronnie Lott wasn't the first.

But he is the gold standard by which all safeties are compared to. And yes, the Redskins definately made a mistake. We also made a mistake trading Huff. I don't know what the Giants were thinking.
                                What about Philly trading Sonny Jurgenson for Norm Snead? I guess it happens pretty often.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information